Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!! - Page 4 Cox_ba12

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!! - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!! - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!!

Post  ARUP Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:32 pm

Bummer! I can't count the number of times my little birds have crashed! They are usually easy to fix, though. At least the pilot survived! lol!
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: REED SPEED 2016 qualifying photos!!!

Post  dckrsn Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Sorry Eric, but "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".
Patch her up, and give her another go.
Stick with it, you know what to do.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:25 am

i hope she gets in the air again!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks guys I will probably fix it just not right now , after the flight I fell on my ass from going too fast in circles, so I don't know if this want be the last speed race for me unless I can get enough time in to stop spinning , I hurt my bad hip and just cant take it like I use to DAMMIT! anyway I did have fun and all that took me back a bit lol! . My video don't show me falling but there was another guy there that got it if I can get a copy ? Eric the ace in space !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:43 pm

getback wrote:Thanks guys I will probably fix it just not right now , after the flight I fell on my ass from going too fast in circles, so I don't know if this want be the last speed race for me unless I can get enough time in to stop spinning , I hurt my bad hip and just cant take it like I use to DAMMIT! anyway I did have fun and all that took me back a bit lol! . My video don't show me falling but there was another guy there that got it if I can get a copy ? Eric the ace in space !

I guess she ran pretty good with the wedge.. (maybe too good.. ) I hope you didn't hurt your hip too bad. That sucks. Next time; bungee a sofa-cushion to your a$$.. (just kidding).. What went wrong with the balloon trials? I didn't want to bug you about it.. but the one-way valve that you were using.. I just couldn't wrap my head around. I saw two problems with using it. One; the inability to evacuate the air.. and two; if left uncapped, it would let air into the line. I hope that you give the balloon another try. Just pull the line off the carb to fill .. then reattach. Do you have fuel-bulb? That's your best bet.. because the small syringes don't hold much fuel.. and you need some room for the air that's being sucked-out beforehand. A bulb could be half-filled with fuel.. and squeezed while upright, before attaching it to the fuel-line. Release to remove the air.. then invert the bulb to fill. Keep the bulb's tubing/line as short as possible for less air being pumped back in.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Hey... the prop didn't break! I wish I knew the secret to that!
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am

Roddie , I didn't have the right size balloon , wasn't plumed right inside (the valve was a one way ) In theory I was going to fill through it with the feed line pinched off after removing the air where I was thinking would not get air back in it . The wedge tank worked fine , just fill tilled back and remove the air bubbles , the engine has a lot of SPI and needed to over prime to get it fired off . I tested the tank SAT. three times after getting it installed and got the starting down so I would know how it was going to act in the field . I may try again later but didn't have time to keep experimenting Rolling Eyes The plane was 5 oz. and that was with 1 oz. strapped on the tail to get CG. closer to the wing tip (not on the wing at all)It flew pretty good if you want to go that fast but , I was not quite prepared for what it put out No Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:22 am

Well, I s'pose the contest is over, huh? I am so sorry I wasn't able to meet the deadline for posting but "life" fell on me Crying or Very sad But I can say at least I tried! Now, assuming "life" clears up, will there be a future opportunity and will the planes I built for this past race be legal in the future?? Also, will the link/thread with the Mustang picture be updated?? Finally, has the winner been selected? I look forward to offering my congratulations to the winner and one heck of a big "ATT'A BOY" to the contest moderator. Hand Shake Clapping
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4