Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
December-2017
1/2A Nut's

"Chrome Moly TD .020 RC"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Your Unofficial C.E.F. Roving Reporter Reports In: Thursday in Buder Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Unofficial C.E.F. Roving Reporter Reports In: Thursday in Buder Park

Post  Kim on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:18 pm

You guys appear to enjoy (or at least nicely tolerate) my occasional ramblings, and as such, I figured I'd push my luck with even MORE rambling !

I once again hauled my buddy Ed up to the John Cochran V.A. Hospital in St. Louis...this time for what we figure to be a FULL day.  So...having 8+ hours on my hands after dropping off Ed, I hit out to spend a couple bucks at Scheffer's Hobby Shop, then down to Buder Park to see if anything was going on.

I'd never been over to the R/C area, so ambled down to watch some of their machine.  Buder Park is supported by the City of St. Louis, and it's a mighty satisfying thing to see the phrase "Model Airplanes have Priority" in ANY official context!

As always, I was packing my faithful Nikon, all the better to justify my shelling out the bucks to buy the thing, and figured to post a few photos here, with still a few hours left to camp in the hospital lobby.  No much else to type, as the photos pretty much explain themselves:

I noticed this fellow (as usual, I didn't think to get his name) setting up his gear over on one of the beautiful control line circles, and got his OK to take some photos:

Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Unofficial C.E.F. Roving Reporter Reports In: Thursday in Buder Park

Post  Marleysky on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Kim, Kudos to you for helping out a veteran! It's good to hear that he is getting some type of hospital/medical care.

Well, the pictures are worth a 1000 words!  Looks like the local goverment is serious about letting their citizens persue the happyiness they deserve. The pilot moves from a folding chair in the pit to a "hover-round" caster chair in the center of the ring. Did he swivel with the rotation of the plane by shuffling his feet or did the plane pull him around?  I really like the picture that shows the plane with the lines curving out and back to him in the chair. Thanks for taking the time to share , I  enjoy seeing other people in other places, doing what I want and like to do. Also, it's nice to know that  I may not have to have my knees replaced...just get a swivel chair! lol!  

Roddie: note the use of the lifting weight(barbell) as a counter-weight on the stooge. Could also do double duty as a center point for the tether cars.

Thanks for the report Kim!

The "living vicariously thru other peoples posts". Marleysky.
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Kim, I like your photography. Is the second to the last picture a "deadstick" landing or did you use a fast shutter setting to stop the prop?
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:44 am

Thanks Kim , first off what Rene said not to repit , and that is very intriguing to see a field a field dedicated to modeling !! Glad you got thoses pics of that gentleman in the chair flying that just makes my day to see someone doing what ever it takes to do the thing they want to do . This Site Rocks! I have never seen that before but thought of it as most of us have I am sure and looked like he was doing a damn good job of having himself a FUN time ! There was no holding back with the strength for that stooge lol! Eric Very Happy
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am

Marleysky wrote:Kim, I like your photography. Is the second to the last picture a "deadstick" landing or did you use a fast shutter setting to stop the prop?

Thank You Guys! The photo shows the plane landing dead-stick...though I've finally opened my camera's instruction manual...rather than just leaving it on the "Easy" setting...and can crank up the shutter speed to catch things a little better...as is the case with the close-up of the plane in front of it's owner.

The guy seemed to just occasionally 'help' the chair rotate with the plane, 'coasting' most of the time, and obviously had the system nailed down !

Yeah...that launching stooge was NOT going ANYWHERE !!!

Eric...Yeah...don't know if guys like this know it or not...but their will to keep after things they love to do is a POWERFUL inspiration ! Like my buddy, Al and my Uncle Wayne, they help me throw off all the time-wasting worrying about the future!!
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Kim - the first CEF Credentialed reporter...
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top