Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Google Trauma Cox_ba12

Google Trauma Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Today at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Today at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Today at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Today at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Google Trauma Empty
Live on Patrol

Google Trauma

Go down

Google Trauma Empty Google Trauma

Post  Kim Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:55 pm

So, made myself up a video and went to load the sucker onto You Tube, but was prompted to log into Google with a password. The password I used for my You Tube account didn't work and after a while, I attempted to get them to send me a temp password.

Problem there is that they sent it to my home phone line as a text...that phone doesn't take text messages. They won't send it to my current E-mail address---at least I couldn't get to a real person to ask.

Leading me to my question...has anyone here ever actually TALKED to a human at Google? I could find no phone numbers, just directories that lead me in circles.

Gonna go talk to the Geeks at Best Buy tomorrow, and see if they have any answers, but if someone here has had this situation, and got things going again, I'd like some advice here !

Thanks!

Ain't No Techno Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Google Trauma Empty Google and You Tube???

Post  happydad Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Kim wrote:So, made myself up a video and went to load the sucker onto You Tube, but was prompted to log into Google with a password.  The password I used for my You Tube account didn't work and after a while, I attempted to get them to send me a temp password.  

Problem there is that they sent it to my home phone line as a text...that phone doesn't take text messages.  They won't send it to my current E-mail address---at least I couldn't get to a real person to ask.

Leading me to my question...has anyone here ever actually TALKED to a human at Google?  I could find no phone numbers, just directories that lead me in circles.

Gonna go talk to the Geeks at Best Buy tomorrow, and see if they have any answers, but if someone here has had this situation, and got things going again, I'd like some advice here !

Thanks!

Ain't No Techno Kim

Since when does Gurgle own YouTube? Here we are finally in 1984. Whoa what is the world coming to. lol!

Who cares? Doesn't Gurgle have it's own video equivalent to YouTube?

unHappydad RC Plane   Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Google Trauma Empty Re: Google Trauma

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Yep, Goog owns Tube, for sometime now. And Android, so my phone is hopelessly entwined with their system. When they merged and wanted my Real name for the Tube channel, I went ahead and gave them "Rusty K," so my Tube channel answers to either the old or new one. It actually makes things simpler, because I stay logged into Google so that it better knows what sorts of search results I'm looking for, and Youtube is then already associated and needs no other PW/Username. Same as your Gmail account which you get whether you need it or not. Use a complex PW for your Gmail/Google/Tube accounts. For example, a long sentence about some hobby equipment with Caps, lowercase and numbers.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Google Trauma Empty 1984

Post  happydad Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 pm

RknRusty wrote:Yep, Goog owns Tube, for sometime now. And Android, so my phone is hopelessly entwined with their system. When they merged and wanted my Real name for the Tube channel, I went ahead and gave them "Rusty K," so my Tube channel answers to either the old or new one. It actually makes things simpler, because I stay logged into Google so that it better knows what sorts of search results I'm looking for, and Youtube is then already associated and needs no other PW/Username. Same as your Gmail account which you get whether you need it or not. Use a complex PW for your Gmail/Google/Tube accounts. For example, a long sentence about some hobby equipment with Caps, lowercase and numbers.
Rusty

OMGosh.  there really is a 1984. Microsoft really got me with Win10 and the mandatory password that locked me out of my laptop for 3 weeks. I learned how to get around it by the 2nd -10 update. Sometimes I wish I had never agreed to be a guinea pig. Win7 - self reboots = 0, win10 - self reboots daily sometimes several times a day "wndows is gathering information and will reboot shortly". 10 minutes later I have to enter the password again.

happydad RC Plane Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:05 am

Kim I had this happen lately also and they gave me an option to e-mail or a call message try again and look for that if you haven't got it figured out . Eric Babe Bee
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Kim,

When that happened, I just gave up eventually and created a new account. I just had a few videos that I can no longer access, but who cares really. They're still there, just not anything I can do about them now.

HappyDad,

I keep getting the "For a limited time, you can still upgrade to Windows 10" messages popping up in the corner of my screen. No way am I going to downgrade from Win7 to Win10. I've seen it, disliked it for a PC, and will avoid it like the plague until Microsoft stops supporting Win7 in a few years.

The "Had It" Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Google Trauma Empty MS vs Happy Aple

Post  Marleysky Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:51 pm

batjac wrote:Kim,

When that happened, I just gave up eventually and created a new account.  I just had a few videos that I can no longer access, but who cares really.  They're still there, just not anything I can do about them now.

HappyDad,

I keep getting the "For a limited time, you can still upgrade to Windows 10" messages popping up in the corner of my screen.  No way am I going to downgrade from Win7 to Win10.  I've seen it, disliked it for a PC, and will avoid it like the plague until Microsoft stops supporting Win7 in a few years.

The "Had It" Mark

I agree with you Mark,  I've spent (wasted) or lost so  much time at work and at home  on MS problems and glitches that I really cannot justify spending anymore of my time or money to be a guinea  pig for their next best operating system. I'm still running on a laptop with a wing and a prayer of the XP service pac 2 system  without any "manufacturer Back-up support" when they die I'm going back to paper and pen, me and Jimmy Carter.......or maybe at the insistence of my offspring I'll get an Apple something...just so i can stay up on the CEF!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Take that old laptop/desktop and breath new life into it by loading a LINUX distribution (Linux is free). Once you do, you'll never, ever, go back to a MS based system.
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:30 pm

larrys4227 wrote:Take that old laptop/desktop and breath new life into it by loading a LINUX distribution (Linux is free).  Once you do, you'll never, ever, go back to a MS based system.

THANK-You Larrry! You've hit my price point right on the head. A quick search let me know I am not alone and as an old dog I'll have to learn some new tricks!! Ive started here:
https://www.linux.com/community/forums/getting-started-with-linux/beaten-up-by-windows-please-help
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Kim, You didn't say whether you tried entering your email (associated with the YouTube account) and your usual YouTube P/W. That's what I do. The only thing that changed for me as far as logging in, was the Google login prompt.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 am

roddie wrote:Kim, You didn't say whether you tried entering your email (associated with the YouTube account) and your usual YouTube P/W. That's what I do. The only thing that changed for me as far as logging in, was the Google login prompt.

Yeah, that was my first hint of trouble as I logged in. I keep a little composition book...my 'Code Book'...with all my passwords, crossing each out as I update any account with a new password. Guess I'll try to open a new account, but may have to also open a new e-mail account to associate it with.

Gotta hit up a couple of my nerd buddies for help on this.

Thanks for all the posts...and I'm also resisting Windows Ten...just want to keep on doing my simple stuff...

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 am

Marleysky wrote:
larrys4227 wrote:Take that old laptop/desktop and breath new life into it by loading a LINUX distribution (Linux is free).  Once you do, you'll never, ever, go back to a MS based system.

THANK-You Larrry!   You've hit my price point right on the head. A quick search let me know I am not alone and as an old dog I'll have to learn some  new tricks!!  Ive started here:
https://www.linux.com/community/forums/getting-started-with-linux/beaten-up-by-windows-please-help

Good place to start! Read ... read ... read ..... and you'll learn alot and find out just how easy it is. You'll probably want to start with Ubuntu ... it sets up quick and easy.
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:28 am

If you start a Gmail account Google links a new You Tube account to it. When I started a Gmail account I had an existing You Tube account, I tried to merge the two, no dice.
I couldn't even log into my old account unless I cleared the cookies. Google won't let you use the same email address for two YouTube accounts. No humans to talk to!!
This was a few years ago and I quit using YouTube, however Gmail is a very good email service.

Did you try clearing you cookies then log into the account using old password?
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:56 am

crankbndr wrote:If you start a Gmail account Google links a new You Tube account to it. When I started a Gmail account I had an existing You Tube account, I tried to merge the two, no dice.
I couldn't even log into my old account unless I cleared the cookies. Google won't let you use the same email address for two YouTube accounts. No humans to talk to!!
This was a few years ago and I quit using YouTube, however Gmail is a very good email service.

Did you try clearing you cookies then log into the account using old password?

After going around in a couple more circles, I finally opened another You Tube Account, and will post videos on it.
Guess all I can do is to add a comment on my old account (as an outsider) that I've got this new one going. It's really bugging me, but appears to be my only option at my current level of understanding all this stuff.

Thanks to everyone for their posts and attempts at helping this thick-headed redneck !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down