Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

How's the weather? - Page 21 Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2020
Dave P.'s

"Tee Dee .051"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How's the weather? - Page 21 Empty

How's the weather?

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 21 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Ken Cook on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am

This year has been the mildest winter I can ever recall in these parts. We've been through some ups and downs in temps. I've never flown in February at all in 25 years. Our club has our "Philly Frosty Fly" on New Years Day and that kicks off the year. We've had a dusting of snow so far which amounted to 1". A bit concerning due to the fact that winter isn't over and we've had snowfalls of more than 3' in one storm in the past. As soon as you get that fuzzy feeling that spring is near, mother nature dumps one of those major storms and cripples the area. My hyacinths are up about 4" which is very concerning to me as they're fooled probably by the warm ground temps. Unfortunately, one frost will wipe them out and I won't see them bloom this year. I covered them up with mulch and leaves. That might make them even kick off sooner due to being insulated.

Seeing that we hadn't had any accumulation, the drivers are still driving like it's summer and when we finally do receive any freezing rain, snow, the roads become deadly. I have my fingers crossed that were out of the woods and nothing bad is in the future. My spider sense tells me otherwise.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  David S on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:43 am

We have had a very mild winter here in northern NJ also.But this morning I woke up to 9 degrees,the coldest we have had all winter!Saturday will be below freezing but Sunday will be warmer,in the 40's and 50's! it's been a strange winter so far.

David S
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am

akjgardner
akjgardner
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:19 pm

David S wrote:We have had a very mild winter here in northern NJ also.But this morning I woke up to 9 degrees,the coldest we have had all winter!Saturday will be below freezing but Sunday will be warmer,in the 40's and 50's! it's been a strange winter so far.

David S
Yeah, David, I'm hoping this is the last of the cold for weather for us.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Following some very stormy days, early spring weather finally found its way to Central Europe. Mid-day temperatures around 9 C (= 48.2F) again threw me to the sunny field to fly the Lil Roughneck today. The home assembled Killabee engine does not run such peaks as in mid-summer with 36C (96.8F) ambient temperature, the air is around 10% thicker now .. but I had several very good and strong 8 minutes flights and will continue tomorrow.

How's the weather? - Page 21 Winter10
balogh
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:55 am

64 years ago this morning Mom and Dad were driving me to Manchester New Hampshire through a blizzard to catch a train to Boston where I would raise my hand and become a member of the U.S. Navy. Later that day I would find myself in Bainbridge Maryland just outside of Baltimore.

This morning I awoke to dusting of snow that is still accumulating. A small reminder of that day many years ago.

How's the weather? - Page 21 P1010213
How's the weather? - Page 21 P1010214
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum