Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Medallion .049 R/C"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

SMALL West

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SMALL West

Post  xplaneguy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:07 am

Here's a video from yesterday's 1/2A Fun Fly aka SMALL West, third session this year featuring my buddy Corey flying his eBay purchased Trainer ARF with .049 TD w/ throttle sleeve. Yes, we are having too much fun! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJODyeBE9rc
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=263724

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 am

Nice video at first I thought the bird was tail-heavy but it glides well. I cannot help being envious because of that airfield...
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 am

WOW That plane flys well and has all the power you could ask for , Thanks ,getback RC Plane
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Balogh-With all of the flying your doing, it's safe to say there's a bunch of us passionate Cox flyers envious of you my friend. Your motto should be: The Cox owner who flies his engines the most...wins! Very Happy If so, sign me up to your camp. Smile

Getback-Not bad performance out of a stock .049 TD on a 42" span plane.

Once again, it's always a treat to see how pilots react to seeing our Cox birds at the field. They share their stories and comment how rare it is to see a Cox engine running nowadays. That makes our mission so rewarding, considering how many (50 million?) of these engines were produced and now in display cabinets and/or stored in boxes. I'll keep running Cox engines before I get too old and impatient to bother....not likely to happen but you never know. Wink Keep'em flyin! Smile
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Xplaneguy,

I have really enjoyed your videos and entire thread. It looks like you are really knocking it out of the park as an R/C pilot and way more importantly, as a father. Great job and God bless you. Every daughter needs a good dad!

Bob
fit90
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xplaneguy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Bob,

I truly appreciate your very kind words.

After years of enjoying videos by Kim, Tee Bee, Hollis Fenn and other pilots, it was time for my daughter and I to contribute and hopefully inspire folks to explore the fun that is 1/2A model aviation.

I'll never forget those early days flying Cox powered models and as much as I've enjoyed collecting these engines over the past 30 years, I love running them/flying them even more. My recent health scare and surgery was the wake call that I can't take them with me when my times up, so share the experience with my daughter and friends, ultimately extending the life and legacy of these little engines with future generations.

I'm still amazed how one simple plastic Cox PT-19 lite a spark and passion in me and I want to share that feeling with others. Selfishly, when I'm too old to fly anymore, I hope to watch my daughter, her kids and/or other young people flying these engine, though I may have to make the fuel myself at that time....but let's hope not. Wink Until then, while I'm still young and patient, I'll continue to pay back what this hobby has given me....a 27 year Air Force career and years of joyful memories with friends and family.

By the way, if you ever get bored, here's our RC Groups Blog link below. My daughter has grown up in the hobby and become a bit of a RC celebrity. I provide security for her at events.
lol!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=263724

All the best,
Tony
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content