Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Cox_ba12

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Empty
Live on Patrol

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang

Go down

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Empty Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang

Post  RknRusty Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm

Another mild January Sunday at the Fort. We have a new addition to our group, the Southern Carolina Gang of MCLS-Huntersville, North Carolina. Metrolina Control Line Society has many "Gangs," including but not only, the Norfolk Gang, the Nashville Combat Gang, the Philly Gang, of course, and the whole of the members are unofficially the Carolina Gang.

Howard Shenton from the Upstate of SC joined us today to work on regaining his balance and control line touch, so he can get back to competing in Combat after an unwanted layoff. This was his first trip to Fort Jackson and we've hooked him. He's now on our small e-mail list to be notified of flying excursions.

I got some good video of Howard flying his bladder fed mean machines. Actually he calls the ones he brought today, the slow ones. Also Wayne and his P-40, and pictures of both. It's late Sunday, so stay tuned for all that. And in the mean time, here's a little tour of the flightline including something different from Wayne.
Rusty

https://youtu.be/bqkswOXY2ME

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Empty Re: Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang

Post  xplaneguy Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:42 pm

Looks like fun Rusty! Thanks for sharing. Smile
xplaneguy
xplaneguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=263724

Back to top Go down

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang Empty Re: Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang

Post  getback Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:43 am

That's a bunch of fine looking planes and guys be here for the update Popcorn Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:43 pm

I'm glad to see Howard is up and about. I just about needed another shoulder after lifting his pit box. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Ken, you ain't kidding. I tried to lift it to put it in the back of my car yesterday, and had to put it back down. Howard really gets a kick out of being Howard. He loves being a giant. It's like shaking hands with an oak tree. Only it's an oak tree with an attitude Lol.

I'll get some of those pictures up and work on the movies tonight.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Neat video. Now I have to ask. Do you have any more information and videos of the combat kites? They lok cool and would like to try it out. Thanks.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Here are some pictures. I'll follow up with more story and videos later.

Wayne inspects a Buka Fighter Kite
Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 0131161346a_zpsucshe8hv

With a steady wind, it can be flown in a pattern just like a control line stunter
Here's some more info: http://fighterkitecentral.com/videos.html
Look at the forest fire in the distance. We were eventually engulfed with smoke.
Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 22190207-60ab-4b86-8220-4dc60a68f0bf_zpsjlzwhbv9

Howard wringing one out. He never did need to hand off to Wayne.
Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 0131161404a_Burst07_zpsri5vfuse

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 0131161511_Burst04_zpssr6f7bru

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 0131161511c_Burst14_zpsulzm9vgx

Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 0131161255_zpszv4tid4x

EDIT:
Here's Howard getting his flying legs back. He didn't have to hand off the handle. I hope he can get back to Combat this Spring at Huntersville. There's some pretty good competition there.
https://youtu.be/niXgxCVTjAQ

Last edited by RknRusty on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Thank you. I now have the info I need, as well as a lot of reading coming up.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 am

Looks like Howard has still got it , you boys are just having too much fun in the winter months sunny we have truly been blessed with some good warm sun shine these past few days . Rusty are you going to get in on the Combat scene I know you got one but haven't seen you fly it yet . I like the kites have to check it out when I get time to do more reading . Eric Clapping
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:08 pm

One more picture.
Wayne momentarily defects to the other side with his new ParkZone Sport Cub
Another Sunday flying, and another new member of our Southern Carolina Gang 01311610

I have a video of his P-40 pattern too, I'll get it crunched and uploaded soon.
Rusty... the strictly control line Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanks Rusty, missing you guys. I always have fun at the FT.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down