Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit  Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» So, I get this call from Mark while he is shopping a local flea market
by Admin Yesterday at 11:11 pm

» The Cars are the Stars Contest.
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Bad Weekend For A Wizard.....
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» The adventurous journey of LJ553716520US
by Davenz13 Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» Cox .074 Queen Bee nelson plug
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 5:24 pm

» Ok, everybody gets a week off
by Marleysky Yesterday at 3:23 pm

» Cox T-6 Texan bomb drop value?
by smooth_bill Yesterday at 3:09 pm

» Shrike X3 Experimental
by Davenz13 Yesterday at 2:33 pm

» Conquest .15
by aspeed Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Kim Yesterday at 11:48 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2019
Tee Bee's

"This RR1 was restored for all the right reasons"


PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery


wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit  Empty
World of Aviation

wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Go down

Wanted wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Post  happydad on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:22 pm

wanted

Cox car engine pull start cord or pull start repair kit.

I recently purchased a Cox Sandblaster and the pull start mechanism is missing the pull cord and handle.

   If anyone has an extra or has seen one somewhere please PM me with info.

happydad     Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 73
Location : Escondido, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Post  Cox International on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Don't think the Sandblaster had a pull-cord but do you mean these? http://coxengines.ca/cox-starter-pull-cord.html
Cox International
Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 2730
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 61
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

View user profile http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted Yup' that is it.

Post  happydad on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Cox International wrote:Don't think the Sandblaster had a pull-cord but do you mean these? http://coxengines.ca/cox-starter-pull-cord.html

Thanks for the info. And yes, one version of the Sandblaster did have the pullstart mechanism. The Sandblaster I am trying to restore had it and looks like the engine was never removed, but the car was run into the ground and they even replaced the plastic fuel tank with a metal tank.
   Thanks again for the link. Now I just have to start saving my pennies and nickles. lol!

Happydad Futaba Radio Jeep   United States Canada
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 73
Location : Escondido, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Post  Cox International on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Please keep in mind that we only have 5 left is stock.
Cox International
Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 2730
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 61
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

View user profile http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Post  Jason_WI on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Cox International wrote:Please keep in mind that we only have 5 left is stock.

I bought 2 and restored my Jerobee engine with one. EX Model Engines had some too. Does the Sandblaster use the paw ratchet type or the small disk starter?
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-10-09
Age : 43
Location : Neenah, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted the ratchet type

Post  happydad on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Jason_WI wrote:
Cox International wrote:Please keep in mind that we only have 5 left is stock.

I bought 2 and restored my Jerobee engine with one. EX Model Engines had some too. Does the Sandblaster use the paw ratchet type or the small disk starter?

Jason_WI: I just got the flywheel off the engine today and it looks like the ratchet type, all ratchet and springs missing. It seems the early Sandblaster used the pull starter type and the later ones used the finger start and one of the sellers on ebay says they deleted the siderails too?? I didn't know that. And all the Sandblasters I have seen have the siderails.
   I haven't seen many car parts at Matts place and I check regularly, but haven't checked in a few days.
   Thanks for the tip.

happydad Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 73
Location : Escondido, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted thanks guys

Post  happydad on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:14 am

happydad wrote:
Jason_WI wrote:
Cox International wrote:Please keep in mind that we only have 5 left is stock.

I bought 2 and restored my Jerobee engine with one. EX Model Engines had some too. Does the Sandblaster use the paw ratchet type or the small disk starter?

Jason_WI: I just got the flywheel off the engine today and it looks like the ratchet type, all ratchet and springs missing. It seems the early Sandblaster used the pull starter type and the later ones used the finger start and one of the sellers on ebay says they deleted the siderails too?? I didn't know that. And all the Sandblasters I have seen have the siderails.
   I haven't seen many car parts at Matts place and I check regularly, but haven't checked in a few days.
   Thanks for the tip.

happydad Futaba Radio Jeep

Thanks guys. I think I found a solution for my pull start engine.  I should know in a few days.

happydad Futaba Radio Jeep
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 73
Location : Escondido, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: wanted Cox pull start cord or pull start repair kit

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum