Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Cox_ba12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Original Box for Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Today at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Today at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Today at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Today at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Today at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Today at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Today at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Today at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Yesterday at 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty
Live on Patrol

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Lazy Bee goes from O.S. .10 to PAW .06 Diesel...because of Nitroairplane !

Post  Kim Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 am

Indra's Power of Suggestion continues to wreak havoc on the Skunk Works! After his casual comment a few weeks ago that I should install my new PAW Diesel on my veteran Lazy Bee, I've gathered the suspect components on my work table, and intend to start the conversion once all the Tach race engines are on their way this week.

I have the Baby Wulf back on my building desk, probably parked too close to Indra's Space Hopper & P-40 engine, so his ideas AND hardware continue their effect !

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 1_72

OK....Getting close after an evening of figuring out where to put the fuel tank !

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 2_46
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty army scout & a platter

Post  geoli65 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Just two of latest members of my family.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Iiiioi17

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Iiiioi18
geoli65
geoli65
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Yellow Jacket with a cox 05RC, three channels and 10oz total weight;

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Img_1310
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  crankbndr Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

The Yellow Jacket is very nice model, what covering and finish did you use?
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm

It is covered with Oracover and Oralight (has about half the weight) on the transparent parts.
I really like the way this model behaves in the air. I have reduced the wing incidence (to about 1°) and also made smaller tail surfaces compared to the drawing.

The drawing is available here; Air age store
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 pm

...so I'm out at the Disc Golf course today getting (likely with 3''-8" coming) the last 18 in, when the kid calls and ask me where some servos are? He's pulled out a old incomplete GLH from the back of the basement (an area so dark and deep no one goes there) and wants to get it going...hmmm, Tee Dee, new heads, new fuel, ok here we go, winter project, or at least one?
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:56 am

Old post with some we haven't seen in a while and some passed to the hanger in the sky Sad This Site Rocks! you may want to skim .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Current project

Post  kevin king Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:14 pm

Although its not cox related heres the plane i am currently working on. Its a Winder, originally designed by Terry Prather. Sterling models kitted it. The box said it will fly 120mph. The kit was flawed by using a balsa spar. This is a redesigned Winder with updated spar sold by vintage performance. It' ready to be sprayed with clear acrylic urethane. Power will be a Fox 36 mk 6 on bladder pressure. The fluorescent paint is by tamiya for lexon  rc car bodies. The decals i made myself, the rest is Sig and Randolph dope.
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20198864/54]what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Pxl_2026
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:18 pm

Here's the top. I couldn't decide what color scheme to use so i chose these two.what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Pxl_2033
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Where do those Pegasus engines actually end up?

Post  706jim Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:38 pm

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Pegasu10
You've seen these things running on test stands. Here's one that actually has flown
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:06 pm

Kevin, have you had the MK VI on the plane? It seems to me like it would be nose heavy. I've only seen them with Supertiger C 35's on them which are bushed engines. I put a MK III on a Wooten Demon and I had to extend the tail booms considerably.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Sterling S33 Winder

Post  roddie Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:36 pm

That's NICE Kevin! My uncle must have built one back in the day.. because I have the box and the plan that came with it.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Sterli18

Only $4.95!!!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Sterli20

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Sterli19

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Sterli21
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:38 pm

Roddie, any engine recommendations on the plan? The wing is quite thin on the Winder which surprises me that the bladder tube is fitting in there. In excess of 120 mph, that's a bit of a stretch.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:16 am

Hi Ken, indeed the mark 6 is heavier than the original size motor. I knew this going in, but decided to do it anyway. I even talked to the guy that designed this updated Winder 2 about the possible cg shift. The good news is both engines have the same bolt pattern.
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:33 am

Ken Cook wrote:                Roddie, any engine recommendations on the plan? The wing is quite thin on the Winder which surprises me that the bladder tube is fitting in there. In excess of 120 mph, that's a bit of a stretch.

Yes; a Super Tiger G-21 .35 engine with 9 X 6 "Rev-Up" prop. according to step 4 on the plan.. Also; "silk" is highly recommended as a covering.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Sterli22
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:26 pm

Ken, the bladder tube on the
Winder does sit higher on the top outboard wing because of it's size.

Last edited by kevin king on Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:36 am

Nice Plane /engine Jim your right you don't see the twins on many airplanes , i guess with the price of them people just don't want to chance it !?!
Kevin that's a hot looking plane and seems fast for silk as roddie was saying the plans call for Rudolph
I had to come to a stall on this thing ,its been a job trying to get the engine barriers fixed for a .15 Medallion and the sanding the sanding and gluing back pieces falling off LOL
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:43 am

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 17036810
what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 17036811
Had to go to my phone to find the pictures this is how it's sitting now anyway
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:37 am

All, except the Super Sport Trainer in the back are my COX powered RC plane productions.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 20231018
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:27 am

Nice fleet of airplanes!
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Empty Roddie's Skywalkers I and II

Post  roddie Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:09 am

After my 1st successful flights with a Cox PT19 Flight Trainer that my dad bought me in 1992.. (I was 32 years old.. about 1/2 my current age) I got hooked on 1/2A U-Control. I bought some balsawood, Ambroid glue, X-acto knives, Pactra Aero Gloss K & S music-wire, Dubro and Perfect hardware... and designed my 1st airplane which I (decades later...) named the "Skywalker".

Shown below.. check out the extended nose for balance..  Cool

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Skywal10

The Cox Golden Bee .049 engine that's on it.. had been in our family since I was a kid. I wasn't interested early-on.. but my dad, his Father in-law, Brother in-law and a few of their friends were all avid C/L Stunt/Combat builders/fliers in the early 1960's... so there were some engines still floating around.

The 1/8" balsa sheet-wing is 10,000 sq. in. and the tailplane is 5000 sq. in...  Laughing  

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Skywal11

Also; this was my first experience with pinned-hinges.. (note the gap between the stab. and elevator)

A bottom view shows my prototype SSLG "spring-suspension landing gear".. (and reason for the extended nose......)

It did have an outboard wing tip-weight... and a tailskid link for a pin-stooge.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Skywal12

Current photos show mounts for wing-mounted engines from back then. Prior to crashing.. it had been flown with X3 Cox Bee's; GB on the nose and twin Babe's on the wing-mounts. It moved right along with three engines leaned-out.  Shocked

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Skywal13

Note the popsicle-stick crutches used to repair crash damage to the fuse..

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Skywal14

I would build a 2nd very similar design (the Skywalker II) with beam-mounts and flaps.. for a Fox .15 but never flew it.

Below photos are from early 1990's

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 _skywa10

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 _skywa12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 _skywa11

Current image below..

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Dsc03220

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:16 am

I always seal the hinge line with clear packing tape on the bottom of the plane. Just deflect the elevator down when i apply the tape.
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:37 am

Steel fin Fox 15. I've owned mine for 60 years. It still runs but is pretty gutless, partially by design and partially because of poor compression. Probably would run better on Fox Superfuel which was about 30% castor oil.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:42 pm

Nice design Roddie , I especially like the patented extendo Nose
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:21 pm

Oddballs...........

As bought:

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 Fire_b20

After a little adjustment and I built a clone.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 P1016896
what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 5 P1016897
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next