Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2017
mmischni's

Cox 0.049 Black Widow Powered Pinewood Derby Top Fuel Car

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

My Dremel Tool Drll Press #212

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy My Dremel Tool Drll Press #212

Post  getback on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:23 am

Hi Guys and Girls , I have had this baby for a number of years and NEVER used it !! I cant find the manual but sure I can on line , I am thinking drill press , drum sanding , routing ?? I am wondering if any of my friends out there have one and what else you may would use if for and of coarse I just wanted to show this baby off . Thanks!! Eric  Cool      
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: My Dremel Tool Drll Press #212

Post  pkrankow on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:58 pm

routing flat bottom pockets would be easy.
slotting for whatever in thin or thick stock.
resawing? maybe?

Those can be handy. Last time I looked they cost more than the Dremel, so I haven't pursued the issue any.

Phil
pkrankow
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Well back then was not that bad I am sure my 395 dremel was pretty hi $$ with the whip that came with it , I had a friend repair it when the flex coupler went out , works fine now ,  here one on the bay but a lot of watching going on   http://www.ebay.com/itm/DREMEL-MOTO-TOOL-Model-212-Deluxe-drill-press-stand-275-285-395-TOOLS-/301899783677 Eric
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:08 pm

I pretty much found mine to be useless. It puts too much load on the tool when used as a drill. I found it to work ok for drum sanding attachments. What do you really need to sand though in the stand that you can't do with the tool in your hand? I find my drill press regardless of size to be very versatile . Ken
Ken Cook
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 pm

They are very useful for all the tasks mentioned. Primarily it is a drill press for reasonably accurate drilling up to the limit of the Dremel tool - about 3.4 mm. This can be quite a limitation.

If you look at this

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/46071-dremel-drill-press-212/

Another use is holding the Dremel tool horizontally and in this fashion you can also attach a flexible shaft.

Unfortunately, this model doesn't allow setting the press at an angle. It is either vertical or horizontal. My friend has one that does but I think it was done by adding another accessory to be able to rotate the body. I wouldn't recommend that though because it was a faff setting it accurately. It has to be adjusted using a spanner and three bolts.

I have never used a Dremel drill press but I have a similar drill press (well I have six drill presses of various sizes and capabilities). It is the Proxxon equivalent and I use it all the time.

In order to get the most out of drilling - I would recommend a machine (drill) vice or hold down clamps. Not much of a problem for balsa, plywood and engine bearers but if the drill grabs sheet metal while you are holding it - it hurts and delays your job while you clean the blood up.

A Dremel, although small, is a high speed drill and very unforgiving! As Ken says, the Dremel tool is easy to overload and I wouldn't also recommend drilling steel with it or any metal much deeper than 1/4 inch.

ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top