Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Cox_ba12

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Empty
Live on Patrol

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter)

Go down

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Empty Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter)

Post  MauricioB Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Hello, someone knows this model ?, surfing the internet I came across this plane.
Someone did? or has it? some information?
Interestingly, thanks, greetings, Mauricio.-

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Helico10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Empty Re: Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter)

Post  getback Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:51 am

I couldn't find anything other than the site you got this from , it is a wild looking Heilie are you going to build one ? There is a lot of outer planes on the site mainly FF but nice older style . http://aeromodelismovolarlibremente.blogspot.com/2009/10/boomerang-de-earl-thompson-usa.html
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter) Empty Re: Information!?: Boomerang Earl Thompson USA (Helicopter)

Post  OVERLORD Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:48 am

Mauricio, The plan was published in the Aeromodeller Anual 1974-75. You can find a copy of this book in the RCLibrary section of Outerzone:

http://www.rclibrary.co.uk/download_title.asp?ID=1127

The plan can be found in the second part. There is only the plan. I couldn't find an article or text referring to the model.

I think this helicopter is a nice model and orth building because the engine is part of the helicopter fuselage and doesn't sit on top of the rotor as in many similar models.

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm

OVERLORD wrote:Mauricio, The plan was published in the Aeromodeller Anual 1974-75. You can find a copy of this book in the RCLibrary section of Outerzone:

The plan can be found in the second part. There is only the plan. I couldn't find an article or text referring to the model.

I think this helicopter is a nice model and orth building because the engine is part of the helicopter fuselage and doesn't sit on top of the rotor as in many similar models.

Lieven
Interesting, since you mentioned helicopters that have the engine on the mast on top a particular model came to my mind which I have messed with before, The dubro Whirlybird 505 an actual Rc heli with a top mounted engine that accualy flew. heres a youtube of one Not My Video btw (Bandit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2Cj3epamA
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:19 am

Thank you all for giving information.
Very interesting finding Mr. Lieven. The project is interesting, it is very possible that at some point decide to print the map and maybe build it!
Thanks greetings, Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:21 am

TDbandit wrote:
OVERLORD wrote:Mauricio, The plan was published in the Aeromodeller Anual 1974-75. You can find a copy of this book in the RCLibrary section of Outerzone:

Lieven
Interesting, since you mentioned helicopters that have the engine on the mast on top a particular model came to my mind which I have messed with before, The dubro Whirlybird 505 an actual Rc heli with a top mounted engine that accualy flew. heres a youtube of one Not My Video btw (Bandit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2Cj3epamA

Very interesting !, that the helicopter demists well, thanks for sharing the video !.
The engine has a very reliable !, essential! March .... greetings, Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:32 am

Now that's something , engine turning (how does it get the fuel supply ??) like the way it fired right up easy start!! surprised it stays together with the vibe ration lol! But COOL in its own way ! Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:51 am

getback wrote:Now that's something , engine turning (how does it get the fuel supply ??) like the way it fired right up easy start!! surprised it stays together with the vibe ration lol! But COOL in its own way ! Eric Very Happy
Yup it is a strange bird lol.
As far as how it gets fuel? There is a 4.5oz round metal tank below the engine that has a pickup put to the side very similar to our beloved baby bee. as the unit rotates, the fuel in the tank is sloshed to the sides through centrifugal force where it is picked up by the engine. There is a counter balance on the opposite side of the engine (at least there was on the example that i helped with) to help with the shaking but it didn't eliminate the shake completely. This helicopter works almost identically to the Cox Free flight helicopters only difference is the 505 is R/C assist and the cox is not, in fact I wonder if Cox got the idea from dubro or dubro got the idea from cox don't know.
This helicopter is very limited in control. About all it can do is move around, do piros and hover and for safety the fuel supply was very limited.
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:31 pm

That is definately one neat whirlybird.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum