Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Cox_ba12

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 11:39 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 11:23 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 10:59 am

» How's the weather?
by rsv1cox Today at 10:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Empty
Live on Patrol

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit

Go down

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Empty Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit

Post  Kim Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:32 am

Nope, this is real.  I GOT to stop reading my E-mails when I can't sleep at night.

Of course, if you happen to be a pervert that wants to pee next to little girls in the ladies room, this government will protect your 'right' to do so.

Disgusted Kim

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMA Member Call to Action

Dear AMA members,

The U.S. Senate is currently considering amendments to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act of 2016. We need your help today to ensure this proposed legislation fully protects the model aircraft community.

Click here now to urge your Senators to support Senator Inhofe's amendment number 3596 to the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2016.

As you know, we are pleased that the Senate's proposed legislation preserves a community-based approach to managing the recreational community by maintaining the Special Rule for Model Aircraft. However, at the same time, we are concerned with additional provisions in this bill that could detrimentally impact our community.

These new provisions would require all UAS, including model aircraft, to meet new FAA design and production standards and impose unnecessary regulation on hobbyists who often build their own models at home. The bill also requires modelers to obtain permission from air traffic control when flying within 5 miles of towered airports which could jeopardize hundreds of existing flying sites. And if passed, the bill would require model aircraft enthusiasts to take an online FAA safety test and carry proof of passing the test when flying. These new directives would undermine the model aircraft activity and detract from the creativity, innovation and enjoyment of the hobby.

By supporting Senator Inhofe's amendment number 3596, you can help stop this from happening. This critical amendment would maintain the basic intent of the Senate's proposed legislation, while lessening the negative impact on the model aircraft community.

As always, thank you for your support of AMA and your efforts to protect our community.

Sincerely,
AMA Government Affairs
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Empty Re: Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit

Post  TDbandit Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 pm

You got to be kidding me!! Shocked
This will wipe out the hobby! Asserting design standards sounds like they are wanting to start slapping type certificates on models which possibly means PMA numbers on all parts similar to whats required for Pt 23 standard category full scale aircraft! The Iron curtain begins to descend on us. Better fight this tooth 'n' nail folks because I feel there now an agenda behind this (Testing us to see how hard we fight this)
(The bandit dawns his black mask and begins searching for more info)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Empty Re: Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Or we can just fly self designed / built sub 8oz airplanes silent
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Empty Not a reason to get nickers in a wad

Post  fredvon4 Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Or is it?

I think it interesting how few Americans understand stuff like this until it DIRECTLY does or MAY impact them

The formal, ratified Constitution was very well written and deliberately limited the Federal government from these types of things.

Along the way the Supreme Court and Congress conspired to remove many of the limitations and created the Interstate Commerce Act and used other deliberately manipulated Federal case law to make the Act seem necessary. The PEOPLE were asleep and did not heed the warning of the " unintended consequences" or "slippery slope" efforts put forth by the minority opposition (Republican) at the time

From the Act spawned the other very dubious new venture...creating and empowering "Agencies". Congress knew much of this would [bleep] off some groups and insulated them selves by claiming to fight for us against "big bad bureaucracy was being supported by special interest groups" and "if you vote for me I will fight them tooth and nail"

Thus a spiral of "unintended consequences" and "slippery slope" predictions became the reality

The various Agencies have zero effective oversight from congress and were empowered with enforcement by the ACT. Every one of these Agencies leaders are NOT Elected and NEVER answer to the people
FCC
DOT/FAA
EPA
HUD
DHS
IRS
YET they have Federal Power, can make Taxes (called fees), make criminal Law and enforce it with ARMED Agents, Fines and prison time...thus we have taxation WITHOUT representation, and the LOSS OF LIBERTY or FREEDOM from legal authority with NO RECOURSE but the courts WHO conspired to create this EXTRA CONSTITUTIONAL situation

Senator Inhofe's amendment number 3596 to the FAA Re-authorization Act of 2016.
Yes we should call, e-mail, and hand write letters to each of our representatives...I have

But do not kid your self....There are over a million of us/we model airplane hobbyists

The DoT and FAA had a normal length "comment period" for the uAS new rules and only 4700 of us responded

Ha think of this

AMA....186,000 +/- members..... some Conservative, some Liberal, some Boy George, some Libertarian, and most no clue...perhaps even a few true communists

not a voting block to be afraid of

Back to the lead in..."MAY impact us"..... some how I do not think the Fed can find me and my meager attempts to build a foam or balsa model and decide that I am a great threat to the NAS, fine me, and imprison me while waiting my day with the Supreme Court

Consider this... If you were a Amateur Radio Operator you would know the FCC has for years had this same exact legislation/rule.
To this day you can still go to a truck stop gas station and buy a NON TYPE CERTIFIED radio transmitter that violates the FCC specifications for spectral purity, power output, and covered frequencies....

Yes Virginia they do occasionally crack down and fine a seller or producer...but so infrequently as to never be a problem for the purchaser/user

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm glad I read yours all the way to the end, Fred.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Well, I'll once again follow through with a note, in as civil language as I can muster.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Fred is right that it is rare to see anybody prosecuted for violating these laws. These laws are more typically used as a catch all, meaning if the federales want you for something and can't find enough evidence to prosecute/convict you of the crime they want you for, they will pull up obscure laws like these. Look how they got Al Capone.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:12 am

Yes, maybe a tempest in a tea pot but even little ideas can escalate into big problems for individual freedoms.

But this notion as outlined in Kim's post is just plain nuts. I would think that even Lenin is turning over in his hermitically sealed chamber on this one.

Congratulations Fred for being into this stuff!!!!!!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:51 pm

I have one thing to say about all this crap.... The government can kiss my .....
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:52 am

fit90 wrote:Look how they got Al Capone.

I know it's not what you meant but now I have the image in my head of this guy flying a model airplane (something big with a spark ignition engine) and getting arrested for it lol!

Better Study Up So You Can Get Your Government Model Airplane Builder's Permit Al-capone-in-stylish-clothes-and-wearing-a-hat

And I thought we had it bad, with the new mandatory max flying altitude of 150 metres outside registered model flying sites and 50m ceiling at certain areas considered "critical".
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down