Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Roddie! I am calling you out! Cox_ba12

Roddie! I am calling you out! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Roddie! I am calling you out! Empty
Live on Patrol

Roddie! I am calling you out!

Go down

Roddie! I am calling you out! Empty Roddie! I am calling you out!

Post  Cribbs74 Sat May 07, 2016 8:13 pm

I am headed to Quonset Rhode island this summer for work. We will go out and fly something while I am there.... Devil
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Roddie! I am calling you out! Empty Re: Roddie! I am calling you out!

Post  RknRusty Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 pm

lol! Ron's gotcha now, Rod. He'll squeeze some fun out of you whether you like it or not!

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun May 08, 2016 7:01 am

Head on over to Newport while your there Ron and enjoy the high society. Smile Then head North, cross the bridge to Tiverton and on up to roddies. Grab a bite at the Tiverton Inn while your passing though.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun May 08, 2016 9:47 am

Cribbs74 wrote:I am headed to Quonset Rhode island this summer for work. We will go out and fly something while I am there.... Devil

Hi Ron, looks like I should get some airplanes ready! I should be able to handle that at least. How much time do I have? Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun May 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Thinking August. Subject to change so I'll keep in touch.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Thinking August. Subject to change so I'll keep in touch.

This really made my week Ron! You, Rusty, Bob and all the guys know how much I love what we're all about here. Bob probably knows more about the region than I do.. but I can vouch for Newport! Summertime is prime!

Newport Jazz Festival

The band I play in will have a gig in nearby Jamestown, RI at the Narragansett Café in Jamestown on August 27 (27 Narragansett Ave.) and we'll treat you to the best Southern Rock, North of the Mason-Dixon line.. that you've ever heard!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Well... Ron arrived here in RI for work as scheduled.. and we just haven't been able to get together. This past Sunday had been previously discussed to fly some airplanes. I had a band-gig scheduled for that Sat. night.. so it wouldn't have been a morning sortie. Laughing Thursday previous, I started feeling a head-cold coming-on. By Saturday I was junk... and had to try to find a sub to fill-in for the band-gig. Luckily that worked-out.. because Saturday night I was done.. like a "forgotten steak on the grill" done. Wouldn't you know; I woke late Sunday morning to near 60 degree temps.. calm.. and sunny. Doh! Ron and I discuss the possibility of night-flying later in the week. Monday morning I'm diagnosed as having a sinus infection. Out of work Mon. and Tues.. Tuesday; my wife Lynne is too sick to go to work.

This is really unfortunate.. because Ron has been a good friend to me since I joined CEF. He'll be leaving in a few days.. and I hope to at least meet him and shake his hand, before he goes home.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:00 am

Darn, I hate to hear that roddie. Nothing so discouraging as feeling bad on a nice day with something exciting to do on the agenda.

I hope that you still get a chance to meet Ron and do some flying. Just wash that hand before you shake his. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:17 am

I hope you guys at least meet...flying is cool but failing that, just F2F chat, and BS n beer...whatever is priceless

If I ever get a coordinated trip out to in laws I sincerely intend to pester Bob... and I do not think we will do a thing but admire his beautiful home and shop(s) and BS a whole bunch

I wonder if he is a beer, Whiskey, Scotch or Vino guy...I am all in for WVA home distilled stuff also... as some of Renie's kin are pretty adept at making glow fuel without Nitro...grin

Same thought with return from WVa to Texas trip via planned visit to Atlanta GA Brother in law...on the way must stop at Rustie's place
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:01 am

Get well soon Roddie!!

Some cartoons to cheer you up:

Roddie! I am calling you out! Cartoo10

Roddie! I am calling you out! Cartoo11
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I hope you guys at least meet...flying is cool but failing that, just F2F chat, and BS n beer...whatever is priceless

If I ever get a coordinated trip out to in laws I sincerely intend to pester Bob... and I do not think we will do a thing but admire his beautiful home and shop(s) and BS a whole bunch

I wonder if he is a beer, Whiskey, Scotch or Vino guy...I am all in for WVA home distilled stuff also... as some of Renie's kin are pretty adept at making glow fuel without Nitro...grin

Same thought with return from WVa to Texas trip via planned visit to Atlanta GA Brother in law...on the way must stop at Rustie's place

Sorry Fred, I don't drink.  Used to enjoy a beer with every lunch, hot ham and swiss and a stack of Doritos's.  Yum.  Then the headaches (severe) came and had to give it up.

I should leave it right there, good sense dictates, but excessive drinking has touched my life in many ways.

My wife never drank, or smoked or swore either.  But she came from a family that did.  Her mother drank, her father to excess.  She hid it.  

My oldest daughter is a recovering alcoholic.  Back in the early nineties her husband dug her out of the bowels of Las Vegas put her on an airplane and sent her home. Divorced her the next day.  My son and I met her at the airport.  Mark took her in and between him and the local re-hab saved her life.  She hasn't had a drink in about 25 years.  

My youngest daughter binge drinks on the weekends.  Coors lite.  Last year while drinking she was running with her grandchildren when she fell and broke her jaw.  Wired up she stayed with me and sipped Carnation breakfast drinks through a straw.  Didn't have a smoke or a drink for a month.  When she recovered and went back to her house she resumed both.  

My brother was a stupid and abusive drunk.  Cost him his marriage.  A wonderful girl with no faults.  My heart bled for her.  He remarried and turned his life around, cut smoking and drinking cold turkey when in his sixties.   Now in his mid eighty's he's doing well.

My cousin was an alcoholic.  After 50 years of drinking the doctor told him that one more would be his last.  He did, and his liver stopped functioning.  His last two weeks of life were spent at home with tubes running in and out of his body.    

I have friends that drink and friends that don't.  I don't have a problem with either.  Some can handle it, others can't.  It's the ones that can't that I regret and remember.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm

It's not a big deal, the fault lies with me really, I should have went up that first weekend. The Ocean lured me away.

Today was a long day. Commissioning a new ILS system in RI. My day started out poor with no biscuits and gravy at breakfast yet again. Followed by a mad rush to the guard base as the FAA flight check plane was arriving early due to a stuck Navy ship anchor up in Maine...go figure, that's a story in itself.

So we arrived and set up and Flight Checked our systems for 1.5hrs only to have the flight crew get hungry and land for some hot roast beef sandwiches. I had Pastrami Very Happy

After many airborne adjustments we finished after dark. I say all this just to explain that my time was at a premium here. I am headed out Sat at 0400 to go back to OK. Things happen Roddie and I have no ill feelings towards you. It sucks you got sick, but that's life. I hope you feel better soon and you will always be my pal.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Tough break. I hadn't been sick like this for quite a few years.. but I knew that feeling when it came on late last week. My sinuses act up.. and it's at least a week of misery.

Ron, we couldn't make it work this time.. but that's ok. We'll surely have a chance again someday. Thank You for your willingness to get together.. I hope that you enjoyed your stay in Rhode Island. It's a beautiful state.. although politically troubled.

I hope that you will be home with family for Thanksgiving.. as well as through the Christmas holiday.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 am

rsv1cox wrote:

Sorry Fred, I don't drink.  Used to enjoy a beer with every lunch, hot ham and swiss and a stack of Doritos's.  Yum.  Then the headaches (severe) came and had to give it up.

I have friends that drink and friends that don't.  I don't have a problem with either.  Some can handle it, others can't.  It's the ones that can't that I regret and remember.

I'm with you Bob.  If my two sons could look at themselves when they've had too much you'd wonder how they could go and do it again, but they do.  Nothing wrong with drink, but I can't see any point in drunk.  Had a call at 2am from the emergency department a few months ago.  Younger son's mates took him to hospital after they fed him so much booze he lapsed into unconsciousness.  Doctors were worried he'd inhale vomit & choke.  My wife sent me home to bed while she sat with him.  I couldn't sleep.  What could I do but pray?  She rang at 3.30 saying he just woke up as if nothing had happened.  Doctor said it was miraculous.  Well???

All my life I've been told I'm not a true Aussie for not drinking.  Hard enough to keep a clear head as it is.  "Stupid is as Stupid does".  (Forrest Gump).

Sorry to step so far away from the thread.  Sorry that Ron & Roddie couldn't get together.  Missed opportunities are always a regret.  Hope someone can hook up with Roddie soon & get him in the air again.  Maybe I need that sort of a boot up the rear to get me back out flying.  I keep making excuses, but it is hard on your own. (Was that an excuse?)

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:32 am

Wife and I are glad that gene or mental disposition is not in us our our kids but over the years we have indeed witnessed many good people destroyed by their drinking. And we certainly have seen and helped those close friends or soldiers who's families were devastated by drug or alcohol addiction and associated work problems

That said I sincerely understand the point of view of those who do not drink.

Get well soon Roddie, sorry to have hijacked this thread
I hope you and Ron can make it work some other time
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:57 am

Sorry to hear you guys couldn't meet up. I've been able to meet up with several members over the few years I've been here, and it really is great.

Speaking of that. Fred, are you planning to come up for Bladder Grabber?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:02 am

Bladder Grabber 39 in 2017 may or may not be doable depending on family reunion dates...I did notice wife that I must be there for the Grabber 40th edition in Aug 2018
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:43 am

Darn i just new that Ron would get Roddie some air time but i do truly understand that things happen in life that can not bee controlled , Roddie hope you get well soon and back to building even if you can't do some air time now . ((( I have drank most my life, was in my jeans from the beginning and when stopped is really hard to deal with the straight people . But if i think about it its hard to deal with some of the stupid things people do and of course i am one myself often . Very Happy May be i need a do over ?! I Love This Forum! I will have one with you sometime , Fred Beer Cheers Devil
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm really thankful for all of you guys. I feel like I've actually "met" every one of you. I've spoken on the phone and text-messaged a couple of times with Ron and a few of you guys since I joined the forum. I always enjoy that.. because to me, it's almost like being there.

Sending PM's here on the forum is cool.. but you know; my inbox, saved-box, and sent-boxes are almost always at max-capacity.. It's difficult for me to delete old messages to make more room for new ones. I should save them to Word-docs.. but I'm just not that organized.. as OCD as I am in other ways.

Lieven mentioned "Skyping" with me, quite some time ago.. but I'm so backward/stuck in the stone-age with modern communications. I blew-off that thought.. and it's a real handicap of mine. My thought-process has been handicapped in general by an anxiety disorder that I'm trying to get a handle on. I'm a fairly deep-thinker.. as most of you know. Something gets lost in the application of those thoughts. Some are too abstract to apply from a practical stand-point.. but there's so much going on in my head.. that it's hard to sort it out and prioritize. I find myself putting "band-aids" on everything.. and attending only to what "has" to be done lately. When I say that; I'm talking about my life in general. I'm really not in a good place mentally these days. I'd rather be a "simple man".. but it's hard for me to apply that principal with everything that's going-on around me. I know that some of you can relate to this. Interestingly.. I got an email recently from a friend. It was something that he forwarded. Subject was; "my new favorite email". There were several attached images. I'll share a few of them that "hit home" with me.

Roddie! I am calling you out! 1010

And here's one that really makes me feel better about how cluttered my workshop is..

Roddie! I am calling you out! 810

Thanks all again, for the support. I love you guys like brothers. I'll close with this link to a performance by Warren Haines covering a classic Lynyrd Skynyrd tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERHqqJ4akk
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down