Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2017
Kim's

"Cox Conquest gets a Run-Up."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Control line reels

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Control line reels

Post  wha-tah-hey on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:12 pm

That's it, Ian, with a few Thumbs Down but mostly Thumbs Up about them.
wha-tah-hey
Gold Member
Gold Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Control line reels

Post  roddie on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Lines are certainly my Achilles-heel.. I feel stupid to admit it.. but they're an element that I've never paid enough attention to. I haven't been much of a "flyer".. although I flew the crap out of my own designs back in the day. I enjoyed the "building-aspect" more than anything else. It was always "Dacron-line" tied in a square-knot at the terminations.. which got wrapped around my Cox-handle when I was done for the day. It always worked though. I've never dealt with "reels" or braided stainless-steel lines. I "have them".. but have never used them. I learned to tie a "Palomar" (5-turn/uni-knot) for when I bought synthetic-braid a few years ago.. but would need to practice-tie some knots again. I couldn't remember how to do it today from memory.. to save my life.

I'd really like to step-up my game with better line-management for the future. There's so much to know about making reliable connections between the different types. I have saved a lot of valuable info. learned here on the forum though. For that; I am very thankful!
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top