Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Great plane for a TD 15 Cox_ba12

Great plane for a TD 15 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Great plane for a TD 15 Empty
Live on Patrol

Great plane for a TD 15

Go down

Great plane for a TD 15 Empty Great plane for a TD 15

Post  steve thornton Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 am

I have a Tee Dee 15 and I want to build a really good plane to mount it on. I have a clean slate to start with i.e. maybe a profile, maybe a built up fuse, foam wing, maybe built up...don't care either way just so it matches really good with the TD 15.  You guys have some great ideas, so let's hear 'em.
Steve

steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Great plane for a TD 15 Empty Re: Great plane for a TD 15

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 pm

CL or RC?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Do you want a kit or a scratch built? Do you want modern or classic? Do you want scale or utility? Do you want docile, sport, or aggressive handling? Do you want quick building or leisurely building? Need a little more to go on to narrow it down.

The Specific Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  steve thornton Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:37 pm

batjac wrote:Do you want a kit or a scratch built?  Do you want modern or classic?  Do you want scale or utility?  Do you want docile, sport, or aggressive handling?  Do you want quick building or leisurely building?  Need a little more to go on to narrow it down.

The Specific Mark

Good question Mark. I only fly CL stunt, and I am a novice, but I will retire soon and will be flying a lot. i have no experience with the TD15. I have built many 1/2A, 15, 19, 35 and 40 size "traditional" kits, Flite Streaks, Magicians, Ringmasters, Twisters, foam wing and built up wings. So my real question is "what laser cut CL kit would be the best fit for Sport/Beginner contest plane for the TD 15. I love the old style Veco planes, Squaw, Chief, and have a Warrior that I recently acquired, but most of the these are for "19-35" size motors. I am a huge fan of Walt Umland's kits and have built one of his Magician kits.
The more I type here, the more vague and abstract it seems to get, so if you guys have any suggestion for a good CL stunt plane that would perform the pattern well with a TD 15, let 'er rip!
Thanks again,
Steve
steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:22 pm

For a profile perhaps a profile Peacemaker. For built-up perhaps a Junior Nobler (both by George Aldrich).
For the VECO kits, perhaps a Papoose. You need to look at the plans for these because they went through several redesigns and, IMO, they eventually made them ugly.

I do not know who is currently making kits for any of these.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  steve thornton Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:45 pm

[quote="gcb"]For a profile perhaps a profile Peacemaker. For built-up perhaps a Junior Nobler (both by George Aldrich).
For the VECO kits, perhaps a Papoose. You need to look at the plans for these because they went through several redesigns and, IMO, they eventually made them ugly.

I do not know who is currently making kits for any of these.

George[/quote
Thanks George,
I was lucky to find an original Veco Red Skin NIB last year and what a beaut. The Warrior kit I recently acquired was cut by Henry Engineering our of CA, and you are right on. There are several iterations of the Warrior and all the Veco/Dumas designs. A Papoose would be hard to find and pricey I think, but I do love the design...guess it's my age showing. I built a Jr. Nobler when I was a kid, and really am not interested in that model. I wish there were Jr. models for the Oriental or Smoothie.
What is your opinion of the performance of the TD15 compared to a Fox 19, Enya 15SS, or that class of motors.
steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:35 pm

The Enya .15SS will blow the doors off the TD. The Fox .19 isn't even in the same realm.

Have you gone to the Brodak website? Plenty of Junior kits to choose from. They have beginner to full contest ships.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 pm

I can't give any good advice but I do have this kit (not built) and the price is right Plus there are others that are .15-.25 engine size.. But as Ron said if the power is down from a OS say then this kit is .09-.15 , witch would bee lighter. http://brodak.com/jr-lightning-streak-kit.html others.. http://brodak.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=3&q=lighting+streak&x=0&y=0 United States Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  steve thornton Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks for the input guys! This morning I walked into my shop and saw a blinding flash of genius! Actually It was just my Acromaster hanging on the wall with it's nice and boring Fox 15. I realized I could learn a lot by replacing the Fox with the TD. If it does well, and I'd bet it'll be a perfect fit, I'll know something about a Cox TD 15. I'll post some photos & give you a report as soon as I get to fly it.
Thanks again for the wisdom & experience,
Steve
steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Any updates? We're curious to outcomes. We are having some nice, cool weather up here in the Hudson Valley of NY. I got out 3 of the last 5 days and got a flight in with a second hand Ringmaster Jr. It was unflown when I got it, been flying it with Medallion .09 and TD .09, but thinking about putting the Medallion and then TD .15 to see how it handles. Hope all is well...
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Great plane for a TD 15 Empty On temporary hold

Post  steve thornton Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:23 am

PeterJGregory wrote:Any updates? We're curious to outcomes. We are having some nice, cool weather up here in the Hudson Valley of NY. I got out 3 of the last 5 days and got a flight in with a second hand Ringmaster Jr. It was unflown when I got it, been flying it with Medallion .09 and TD .09, but thinking about putting the Medallion and then TD .15 to see how it handles. Hope all is well...
Thanks for the replies Gentlemen! I'm in the process of retiring and moving from Texas to Michigan, so the packing, selling/closing up the house and working until Dec 10, is keeping everything else on hold. It's all great news; I'll have a basement to build in, a flying field 7 miles from my home, and family & friends in Florida, Texas, and Colorado, whom I plan to impose upon during the deep winter months! As soon as I get moved, I plan to start a new thread about setting up a basement workshop...
Blessing to you guys
Steve
steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 am

All the best for the move - I have way overspent on my life allotment of moves, so I feel for you.

Pack those planes carefully, and jump back in when settled.

Cheers - Peter
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down