Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2020
Kim's

"A Space Bug Goes for a Cruise"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Empty

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question

Go down

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Empty Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question

Post  hawkeyebill@earthlink.net on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:18 am

I have a good number of Cox Pee Wee .020 engines and they all seem to leak a slight amount of air trough the needle valve. In order to keep the engine running, I have to keep moving the needle valve. Even just touching the needle valve can make the RPM's change dramatically. These engines are extremely sensitive on needle valve settings. So, any thoughts on using teflon on the threads of the needle valve to make a better seal? Open to any suggestions or cures. Sure wish they had O rings.
hawkeyebill@earthlink.net
hawkeyebill@earthlink.net

Back to top Go down

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Empty Re: Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question

Post  Marleysky on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:01 am

Yea!   New member, WELCOME to the forum. Pee Wee 020 is the baby sister to the BabyBee 049. Start reading on page 7 to 10 of this important information:  RC Plane

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/newsletter4.pdf?token=AWw01BESBQ2r406cRHtW01WodwwvRE0tU9fv8t_SuBSOi9SLzKouBD5hllDZi3uYGFkijyBPxzxu2uPGBD7Aa0mFeuv4WlZt7oWlYb8YkRZ8FK_9lYXf-IhZAD6gwxGKRo-QH2c5wvKOOmldS1NtpR_r-B1oGCVzcT3CU1FKZSqYfQ

Try the short section of silicon tube with a small washer to seal the needle valve. RC Plane

You can read the whole newsletter, Rusty built a really cool cat airplane, too!! lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Empty Pee Wee needle valves

Post  706jim on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:58 am

Be REALLY careful when closing this needle. Too much pressure and the tip will break off and get stuck in the backplate. No fixing it when this happens.

As to the rpm variation I'd go with the silicon tubing if it were a problem.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question Empty Re: Cox .020 Pee Wee Needle valve question

Post  batjac on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 am

I third the fuel tube suggestion. I have several .020's that I've played with the last couple of years. The ones I like the most are off of the little helicopters, and they have the spray bar seals like the later .049 engines, but the other PeeWee engines didn't come with it. So the tube and washer solution is it. Just do a little measurement first. Open up the needle to where you had it running before, and measure the distance between the tank and the flat part of the needle where the washer is going. Then cut your tube just a tiny bit longer. You don't want an excess of tube.

The Wee Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum