Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Cox_ba12

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Today at 12:18 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Today at 11:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 10:22 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty
Live on Patrol

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport

Post  mitchg95 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:07 pm

hello all on cox engine forum, i wanto design an rc airplane that can be broken into multiple part fopr easier transport. i had this idea beacuse i often am riding my bike with my backpack on the bike trails by my house and there are some great places to fly my model airplanes along the bicylce trail. i want the airplane to break into at least 5 peices to the it can fit into my backpack so i can transport easier while riding my bike, i would like the fuselage to break ionto at least 3 peices, and the wing at least 4 peices.... can anyone help me figure out a design that would be perfect, the best thing for me right now would be something that is already designed. please help
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty close call

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:25 am

If I had a cad program it would be simple,but I do not.
I would start with a small, micro in fact size plane. Therefore would onle need 4 patrs: wing, elevator/stab,rudder/stab,and fuse.
the clancy aviation "little plane that could" is designed to fit this bill actually. elevator stab slides into a slot in the fuse from the rear,rubber bands onto dowels. Rudder stab slides downward into a stol in the top rear of fuse,use a through pin dowell in the fuse going through the slot tab in the rudder stab,rubber band as a retainer for the pin. and of course the wing bands on too.
Look up the plans,study them,and modify whatever plane you like to match this build method.
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty afterthought

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 am

I have a ladybug(clancy aviation design cox 020 size) short kit I got from lazerworks. Biggest problem,it only suplies 3 wing ribs,I have never seen one built with less than 5 ribs.

All I have seen of other builds on other forums were kits and plans scratch builds over the years.

I am not liking the clancy aviation stick build methods. I have been mulling it through over the years, and am thinking of another redesign to suit my building style,which may translate toward your design parameters.

Ruber banded tail surfaces,just like the wing,will pop off to minimalize crash damage,I like that feature,esp. as of late lol!

A few rubber bands and the snap links for control horns and it meets your idea more or less.

I will draw something up in a day or 2 and (try 2 )post a pic of the drawing as I am tech handicapped.
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty Re: rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport

Post  mitchg95 Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Jaspur_x wrote:If I had a cad program it would be simple,but I do not.
I would start with a small, micro in fact size plane. Therefore would onle need 4 patrs: wing, elevator/stab,rudder/stab,and fuse.
the clancy aviation "little plane that could" is designed to fit this bill actually. elevator stab slides into a slot in the fuse from the rear,rubber bands onto dowels. Rudder stab slides downward into a stol in the top rear of fuse,use a through pin dowell in the fuse going through the slot tab in the rudder stab,rubber band as a retainer for the pin. and of course the wing bands on too.
Look up the plans,study them,and modify whatever plane you like to match this build method.

hello, would you have the plans for the "little plane that could"?
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport Empty Re: rc airplane that breaks into peices for transport

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Yes we do let me see if I can find them.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm

cool thxs
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Will you build it?
Be great with a .010 but I wise man once told me increase the WS to nine inches with extra wing ribs make it 5 instead of 3
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm

i might make it but i am not sure
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Okay if you do build it remember the note on the plan.
"the pilot must be quick between the ears"
Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:28 pm

nitroairplane wrote:Okay if you do build it remember the note on the plan.
"the pilot must be quick between the ears"
Smile

ok will do, ive got 1 airplane that is almost done being built, then im starting a .020 size airplane i got for 10$ today, after that im building a flyline models stearman c3-b
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Wow you are busy!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:08 am

Ever considered a park zone cub or something similar? A removable wing would be an easy mod and it is already small enough to fit in a backpack.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:57 am

cribbs74 wrote:Ever considered a park zone cub or something similar? A removable wing would be an easy mod and it is already small enough to fit in a backpack.

That would be easiest. No fuel/tools to haul around, no mess, and quiet. (I know I am talking rubbish here) Very Happy

The wings on these planes are held on with some double sided tape. Gently pry it off with a knife and you fingers. Remove the tape from both sides, or just cover it with some paper. you can then use toothpicks or a skewer cut to size, to make the rubber band anchors. (you can use anything really, just not heavy material like metal) Just push these through the fuselage, and secure them with glue. Attach the wings with rubber bands.

Now you can find a small box it fits in, add some padding, and shove it in your pack. Very Happy Use the small RTF radio. I made a small, lightweight plane that flew quite well this way. It was a foam free-flight conversion. Used Parkzone micro radio gear. I can show you some pictures if you like.

That is cool that you mention that, I have a trail at the end of my neighborhood that leads to a large field. Only problem is, there is a small creek across the trail, and the school the field is at does not exactly like me.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:11 am

But the littlest plane that coul is smaller than a PZ cub by a lot and the wings are helis on with rubber bands so are removable.
And with a .010 you only need a glow start.small flathead screw drive maybe a wrench and a tiny a amount of fuel and you are set for the day.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 am

Every once in awhile I have a plane that breaks into pieces for easy transportation,,,but that's a whole 'nother story (sigh). Embarassed
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:05 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Every once in awhile I have a plane that breaks into pieces for easy transportation,,,but that's a whole 'nother story (sigh). Embarassed

Oh, never thought about it that way. Shocked Very Happy
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:56 pm

ya my newest plane that im building is a r&n models longster 111
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Every once in awhile I have a plane that breaks into pieces for easy transportation,,,but that's a whole 'nother story (sigh). Embarassed

Yep I have plane the wings just fold after a day of hard flying and it fits in the back pack Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 pm

nitroairplane wrote:

Yep I have plane the wings just fold after a day of hard flying and it fits in the back pack Smile

thats a great idea, so its kinda like a corsair?
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:13 pm

No it's kinda like a profile foamy that does that when you try to loop with too much throttle Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:17 pm

nitroairplane wrote:No it's kinda like a profile foamy that does that when you try to loop with too much throttle Smile

ok i get ya, sounds cool dude
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:33 pm

lol I will try to get a vid of a gold sometime Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:05 pm

lol.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Have you seen my Cub crash? It is an excellent example of folding wings.

Know your limits, and your model's.....
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next