Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

eBay and taxes Cox_ba12

eBay and taxes Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by balogh Today at 7:04 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

eBay and taxes Empty
Live on Patrol

eBay and taxes

Go down

eBay and taxes Empty eBay and taxes

Post  Cox International Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:08 pm

As many of you may be aware, eBay now automatically collects and remits taxes for deliveries to most US states (more states being added every month), as well as Australia. As sellers, we have no say in this and we do not benefit from the tax collected.

Of course, you are free to purchase your Cox merchandise where you want but we DO NOT charge any taxes for purchases made on our website Smile
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

eBay and taxes Empty Re: eBay and taxes

Post  balogh Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:16 am

That is fully understood and appreciated here Bernie..on top of 27% VAT and some import duties I pay I also need to wait weeks before the goods worth in excess of 22 € (if bought from a company ) or 45€  ( if from a private person) clear customs here..COX hobby is not that cheap and simple everywhere around the world as for you guys in North America.. Very Happy

Just found a NIB Lil Roughneck balsa airplane kit on ebay that was bought at 79.99 USD but ended up way above USD150 shipped and customs cleared on my end..ebay added all customs markups automatically.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:30 am

We now pay a 10% Goods & Services tax on everything we purchase from overseas, including postage, whether new or second hand.
Out here GST is automatically included in the purchase price of most new items we buy, whether from a store or on-line.  Second hand goods, up to a certain value, don't attract GST when purchased out here, but to buy from overseas, the same used item attracts tax.  This doesn't seem quite fair to me, but I guess the govenment could see that they were missing out on their slice of the pie with the increase of on-line imports.

Bernie, whether I buy from Canada or I buy from America, I still pay the same tax.  Just keep your postage costs low and you will keep me interested Laughing  

My big spend on such items was a few years ago when our dollar was higher than the USD.  Currently, I pay $1.45 for every $1 USD. Back then US postal charges were way less.  That means that I now generally need to pay $34 AUD for the most basic First Class postage from the US.  $2.50 engine, $34 postage.  I gotta get a real bargain nowadays to make the purchase worthwhile. Sad
Currently watching a McCoy at 99c US.  ($1.43).  Add another $34 and it ain't a cheap engine. Mad
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 pm

balogh wrote:That is fully understood and appreciated here Bernie..on top of 27% VAT and some import duties I pay I also need to wait weeks before the goods worth in excess of 22 € (if bought from a company ) or 45€  ( if from a private person) clear customs here..COX hobby is not that cheap and simple everywhere around the world as for you guys in North America.. Very Happy

Just found a NIB Lil Roughneck balsa airplane kit on ebay that was bought at 79.99 USD but ended up way above USD150 shipped and customs cleared on my end..ebay added all customs markups automatically.

As we only declare CA$15 (10 Euros) per package and the postage cost is hidden, customs seldom gets involved Cool
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:We now pay a 10% Goods & Services tax on everything we purchase from overseas, including postage, whether new or second hand.
Out here GST is automatically included in the purchase price of most new items we buy, whether from a store or on-line.  Second hand goods, up to a certain value, don't attract GST when purchased out here, but to buy from overseas, the same used item attracts tax.  This doesn't seem quite fair to me, but I guess the govenment could see that they were missing out on their slice of the pie with the increase of on-line imports.

Bernie, whether I buy from Canada or I buy from America, I still pay the same tax.  Just keep your postage costs low and you will keep me interested Laughing  

My big spend on such items was a few years ago when our dollar was higher than the USD.  Currently, I pay $1.45 for every $1 USD. Back then US postal charges were way less.  That means that I now generally need to pay $34 AUD for the most basic First Class postage from the US.  $2.50 engine, $34 postage.  I gotta get a real bargain nowadays to make the purchase worthwhile. Sad
Currently watching a McCoy at 99c US.  ($1.43).  Add another $34 and it ain't a cheap engine. Mad

To our knowledge, AU has a "de minimis" of AU$ 100 for personal imports (after which VAT is charged). As we only declare CA$ 15 (AU$ 12) per package, AU customs rarely gets involved. And, to reiterate, we do not charge or collect any taxes (except for Canadian customers) if you purchase directly on our website.

We likely have the lowest shipping costs in the industry with a cap of US$ 2.95 for under 5mm (basically gaskets) and $9.95 for over 5mm. The $9.95 cap is regardless of order size; meaning could purchase 100 engines and parts and not pay more in shipping (4-5 exceptions for our largest / heaviest items).

We do not make a profit on shipping and only charge what Canada Post charges us but only up to $9.95. On heavier packages, we subsidize shipping.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Here is a link to world-wide de minimis thresholds and it looks like AU was raised to $1,000  http://go.borderlinx.com/tax-and-duty-de-minimis/

Most countries will have a separate de minimis for duty and tax. They can be identical but don't have to be.

For many years, we have always attempted to draw new eBay customers to our webstore and have been largely successful but others have stayed with the eBay platform. As of this year, we have been including notes with our shipments (to buyers that were charged tax) to make them aware of this and that we don't charge taxes. Well, even solid eBay hangouts have been switching over, as buying on eBay now affects their wallets  lol!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Cox International wrote:
Oldenginerod wrote:We now pay a 10% Goods & Services tax on everything we purchase from overseas, including postage, whether new or second hand.

To our knowledge, AU has a "de minimis" of AU$ 100 for personal imports (after which VAT is charged). As we only declare CA$ 15 (AU$ 12) per package, AU customs rarely gets involved. And, to reiterate, we do not charge or collect any taxes (except for Canadian customers) if you purchase directly on our website.

We likely have the lowest shipping costs in the industry with a cap of US$ 2.95 for under 5mm (basically gaskets) and $9.95 for over 5mm. The $9.95 cap is regardless of order size; meaning could purchase 100 engines and parts and not pay more in shipping (4-5 exceptions for our largest / heaviest items).

We do not make a profit on shipping and only charge what Canada Post charges us but only up to $9.95. On heavier packages, we subsidize shipping.
And we Thank You !! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down