Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Cox_ba12

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Prayers for my Wife Please
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:59 am

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:42 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by DanMc Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 4:31 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Empty
Live on Patrol

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted

Go down

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Empty Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted

Post  layback209 Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:39 pm

sorry lost my thread on this build. Here is a flight video of my 1/2a Zero. I converted to beam mount and took about an 1" off the nose to get thr c.g. right for ghe norvel 0.061. Super fun and sporty to fly. Its a touch ritch in this video do to the heat coming up in the day but didn't phase performance. It turns on a dime and does what ever you want it to. I'm sure a better pilot could fly the stunt patterns.

Flown with a 6x3, 15% nitro, at 3600ft above sea level. This tames it down making it a fun sporty flyer for me. Using a 1oz clunk tank from cox international, it performs amazingly! Get about 6mins out of a flight that's tuned perfect.

Let me know what you think, cheers, derek. P.s. I owe you a flight video of my beam mount li'l satan. Still trying to get a motor sorted for it. I'm on motor number 3 so far, this one looks very promising. It was used but not broken in i gojnd by suprize will rip good once sorted.

Flight video.
https://youtu.be/XVnsYeqK_Ok

Build photosBrodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Fb_img12
Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Fb_img13
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Empty Re: Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted

Post  getback Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:26 am

Hey layback209 , Good looking plane and flight ! Looks like you were having some good Fun ! Look forward to the Lil Stain flight when you get it tuned in with the engine . Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted Empty Re: Brodak 1/2a zero flight video - beam mount converted

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:23 pm

While you did launch slightly rich, it was for the better. When your going inverted, your engine is leaning out due to the tank being slightly high. Unfortunately, your tank won't lower due to it sitting on the wing as is.  It's not off that far and if you don't see it affecting your flying, I wouldn't be concerned with it. I'm just making a observation of what I see. If the upright flying was the same as the inverted, it makes setting your needle adjustment slightly easier. As is, you want the needle just where you launched it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks, cant wait to get the lil satan sorted. Its an excited model based on the couple of flights I have made so far. Lazer on strings.

Thanks Ken, appreciate your keen look at the flight and explanation very helpful. I'll have to pay more attention to see how it responds inverted. Now that I'm comfortable flying these tuning details make so much more sense to me. On my next build I'm hoping to make the tank height adjustable. Im glad it does not impact engine consistency much on the Zero, lucked out.

I think im right around 70 flights on the zero.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down