Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Rough flying day Cox_ba12

Rough flying day Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» B-25 Mitchell
by roddie Today at 3:09 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 2:24 pm

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 2:23 pm

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Pinkbeachbomb Today at 2:23 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 10:54 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by getback Today at 7:00 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Today at 6:52 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 1:48 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by MauricioB Yesterday at 7:39 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Fri May 10, 2024 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Fri May 10, 2024 9:02 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Fri May 10, 2024 7:42 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Rough flying day Empty
Live on Patrol

Rough flying day

Go down

Rough flying day Empty Rough flying day

Post  TLAnderson Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:09 pm

We had a beautiful day here, so I took some time off work to do some flying. I took all three of my Cox powered models.
The PT 19, the Skyray and the Snip combat wing. I wanted to get the PT 19 in the air for "Fly it if you got it" day. Didn't happen. My runway was too short for the PT, so it just dived into the ground when it ran off the end of the runway. I tried some ROG launches also. Grass was too tall. PT didn't fly today. I managed to break the stabilitor though.

Rough flying day Sany0210

The engine on the Skyray was cranky and didn't want to run. Got one flight in with it. Pic is from last year. My photographer, (wife) is on strike right now.

Rough flying day Skyray66

The Snip got launched twice, and crashed twice. Broke the engine mount again on the second crash.

Rough flying day Sany0211

So, not a real productive day. After all that, I took the engine off of the PT 19 and put it on the Skyray. Got about four flights in with the Skyray then the wind came up, and I had to quit. Flying season is just about over for this year up here.
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Rough flying day Empty Re: Rough flying day

Post  oldguy Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:36 pm

TLAnderson wrote:We had a beautiful day here, so I took some time off work to do some flying. I took all three of my Cox powered models.
The PT 19, the Skyray and the Snip combat wing. I wanted to get the PT 19 in the air for "Fly it if you got it" day. Didn't happen. My runway was too short for the PT, so it just dived into the ground when it ran off the end of the runway. I tried some ROG launches also. Grass was too tall. PT didn't fly today. I managed to break the stabilitor though.

The engine on the Skyray was cranky and didn't want to run. Got one flight in with it. Pic is from last year. My photographer, (wife) is on strike right now.

Rough flying day Skyray66

The Snip got launched twice, and crashed twice. Broke the engine mount again on the second crash.

Rough flying day Sany0211

So, not a real productive day. After all that, I took the engine off of the PT 19 and put it on the Skyray. Got about four flights in with the Skyray then the wind came up, and I had to quit. Flying season is just about over for this year up here.

Flying is more fun than working. Get the civil engineers out to extend that runway. keep em flyen.
oldguy
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:47 pm

Sorry to hear of and see the damage you and your aircraft endured. At least the danages do not appear too severe, with the exception of the stabilator. But a bad day flying is better than a good day working!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Rough flying day Empty Easy fix

Post  happydad Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:29 am

TLAnderson wrote:We had a beautiful day here, so I took some time off work to do some flying. I took all three of my Cox powered models.

TLAnderson: you should be able to repair your PT-19 elevator easily by drilling holes where the “rod” part was on the 2 elevator pieces and adding a metal rod into one end of the elevator, then placing it thru the aircraft fuselage tail area and glueing the rod into the other half of the elevator. You could also use a approximately 1/8inch diameter round dowel. Advantage of the rod is it could be 1/16inch diameter steel.

I am getting my posterboard PT-19 ready and just put the elevator assembly together.

Happydad RC Plane Biplane                              Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 am

Well i hate r wife is on strike LOL but a least you got out there and gave it a whirl and got a few laps in .. That reminds me i need to do some preflight on some my planes and equipment . Greenie for a good try Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down