Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by DanMc Today at 7:25 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Today at 7:04 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by 944_Jim Today at 4:31 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by balogh Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Today at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Today at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 2:29 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by 944_Jim Today at 11:52 am

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!)

Post  davidll1984 Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Try Find Front bumper it wil renforce the broken Front section u have To dril one extra hole To Front Not using the hinges on the Front mutch bether help turn ad weight To Front excep nead To renforce spindle Front suspension fixation is wat have made m'y mutch bether now
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!)

Post  Lukemiester Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:06 pm

davidll1984 wrote:Try Find Front bumper it wil renforce the broken Front section u have To dril one extra hole To Front Not using the hinges on the Front mutch bether help turn ad weight To Front excep nead To renforce spindle Front suspension fixation is wat have made m'y mutch bether now

mine already has an aluminum plate in the front... ill send some pictures in just a second
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 F84eee10
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Good on you, Lukemiester!
Keep your eyes peeled for a cheap donor
car for any parts you may be lacking. You
can also go "mad scientist", and somehow
stuff a TeeDee into her. Keep us posted.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:31 pm

dckrsn wrote:Good on you, Lukemiester!
Keep your eyes peeled for a cheap donor
car for any parts you may be lacking. You
can also go "mad scientist", and somehow
stuff a TeeDee into her. Keep us posted.
Bob

haha yeah!
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:37 pm

Good looking car. The McClaren is a body I am hoping to acquire some day.

I didn’t see the front damage in the auction. It’s pretty extensive. It was mis-advertised if you ask me.

You could easily run a TD in that chassis, it’s not a pull start though. Keep us posted as you go forward.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:40 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Good looking car. The McClaren is a body I am hoping to acquire some day.

I didn’t see the front damage in the auction. It’s pretty extensive. It was mis-advertised if you ask me.

You could easily run a TD in that chassis, it’s not a pull start though. Keep us posted as you go forward.

Ron

yeah... i can rebuild it though
eh, im not too interested in a tee dee... yet. ill see how it drives first
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:36 am

Yes jerobee powered wit the tee dee engine worth the effort To build Good option if u can afort one or Find one y keap search m'y self for them just To advise... som of u if Not chip To Canada it's your except....if its chip To Canada u wil have hard time wit me if bid on them just To let no so we dont fight for over price them just for the fun as y pay lots Good $ for them y have pay 600 for complète one wit tee dee and it was in bad chape until y can build som of the component y nead for m'y cars prototype y wil buy al y can afort if chip To Canada m'y model wil sale lot more than jerobee bolink repro nitro powered like the top of the Line of 1\12 1\2A powered race cars if u Find one wit its norvel .061 its very rare but mutch bether wit rear suspension like the gtp mutch faster To Accelerate
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:42 am

davidll1984 wrote:Yes jerobee powered wit the tee dee engine worth the effort To build Good option if u can afort one or Find one y keap search m'y self for them just To advise... som of u if Not chip To Canada   it's your except....if its chip To Canada u wil have hard time wit me if bid on them just To let no so we dont fight for over price them just for the fun as y pay lots Good $ for them y have pay 600 for complète one wit tee dee and it was in bad chape until y can build som of the component y nead for m'y cars prototype y wil buy al y can afort if chip To Canada m'y model wil sale lot more than jerobee bolink repro nitro powered like the top of the Line of 1\12 1\2A powered race cars if u Find one wit its norvel .061 its very rare but mutch bether wit rear suspension like the gtp mutch faster To Accelerate

As of right now, I’m not too interested in spending too more money, but possibly in the future. I’ll keep an eye out for them on eBay for you!
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:20 am

Yeah Luke, It wasn't very clear on the pictures that the front was cracked or just dirty. If at this moment it is all well glued or kept together without movement, I would keep it as it is for the moment. I remember I advised you to mount a front bumper to protect the body but I didn't realise you had the hinged body.

You will need to replace both stub axles. I see one steering arm is broken and the other one is in a poor state. But you have some spare that came with the car. Keep the old ones, they're repairable; I did a repair on mine. Once you replaced the stubaxles and the starter cable you should be in business.

A good thing to have spares off are the front wheel little circlips for a 1/8" axle. They can get lost easily when they fall or jump away while removing a wheel. The circlip that holds the pinion/ clutch bell is the same size. They were made by several 1/12 makes or maybe you can get them in the DIY in the US.

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Retain10

Your car is geared a bit lower than other models. The Comando has 8T:58T gears which means 7,2:1, But there will be plenty of speed. You better search for a big parking lot!
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Good looking car. The McClaren is a body I am hoping to acquire some day.

Part nr 301J

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Body10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 am

OVERLORD wrote:Yeah Luke, It wasn't very clear on the pictures that the front was cracked or just dirty. If at this moment it is all well glued or kept together without movement, I would keep it as it is for the moment. I remember I advised you to mount a front bumper to protect the body but I didn't realise you had the hinged body.

You will need to replace both stub axles. I see one steering arm is broken and the other one is in a poor state. But you have some spare that came with the car. Keep the old ones, they're repairable; I did a repair on mine. Once you replaced the stubaxles and the starter cable you should be in business.

A good thing to have spares off are the front wheel little circlips for a 1/8" axle. They can get lost easily when they fall or jump away while removing a wheel. The circlip that holds the pinion/ clutch bell is the same size. They were made by several 1/12 makes or maybe you can get them in the DIY in the US.

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Retain10

Your car is geared a bit lower than other models. The Comando has 8T:58T gears which means 7,2:1, But there will be plenty of speed. You better search for a big parking lot!

Yeah it’s not too good up there, I’m thinking about completely deleting the old front end, and putting an aluminum plate in its place, and at the front of it bend the sides up and put a bolt there to act as a replacement hinge.
Also yeah extra e clips is a good idea.. and yes the extra parts are both spindles, 2 suspension springs, some wood screws, 2 rear axle bushings, some body pins, a few different e-clips, and a different bell housing- this one has 8 teeth whereas the one that was on it had 10 teeth... speaking of, where can I find gears or complete bell housings?
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:52 am

Hey Ron, if you want a McLaren body, I have an extra Very Happy
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:27 am

Lukemiester wrote:Hey Ron, if you want a McLaren body, I have an extra Very Happy

I’d be interested. I assume its the one without the windhield, stacks, rollbar etc.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:45 am

Cribbs74 wrote:
I’d be interested. I assume its the one without the windhield, stacks, rollbar etc.

Well, the one with all the good stuff has house paint or something all over it, whereas the other one has no extra paint but appears to have previously has decals on it. It also has been sanded on and the hinge clip isn’t much of a clip anymore, more like a slot. Also the one with all the parts on it has a big hole in the back for no reason. I can probably 3D print some new parts and spray paint them silver if I have to, so it’s your choice

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Image12Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Image10
Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Image11
Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Image13
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Well in that case, the one with the parts on it! I don’t have a 3D printer, but what a great idea! Shoot me a PM with your asking price.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Well in that case, the one with the parts on it! I don’t have a 3D printer, but what a great idea! Shoot me a PM with your asking price.
Sure thing!
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:07 pm

what kind of toe do you guys use on your jerobee cars?
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Lukemiester wrote:what kind of toe do you guys use on your jerobee cars?

I suppose you mean toe-in. According to the Associated RC12 instructions, the front wheels are set up parallel.

Is this car a good buy? (I won it!!) - Page 2 Toe_in10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 pm

OVERLORD wrote:
I suppose you mean toe-in. According to the Associated RC12 instructions, the front wheels are set up parallel.

alright thanks for the help, i was just wondering if there was supposed to be toe-in, toe-out or nothing at all
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:58 pm

It would probably benefit from a little toe in and some camber, these things came out long before that was thought of. If you devised an adjustable center link you could play around with it until it tracks better.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:It would probably benefit from a little toe in and some camber, these things came out long before that was thought of. If you devised an adjustable center link you could play around with it until it tracks better.

yeah i'm using an adjustable ball link setup so i can mess with the angle
maybe when my current spindles break i can 3d print new ones with some camber
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 pm

If they break let me know.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lukemiester Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:08 pm

will do cribbs
Lukemiester
Lukemiester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:24 pm

I really wish someone here would grab this...

It’s been recycled twice now, price hasn’t changed, but it’s also a best offer. Seller may be ready to let it go for a decent price, I would buy it myself if I didn’t already have one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70s-Jerobee-Radio-Controlled-049-RC-Car-With-additional-body-and-wheels-/254867207946?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next