Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

ee Dee Venturi loose Cox_ba12

ee Dee Venturi loose Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» B-25 Mitchell
by getback Today at 7:02 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:14 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 2:24 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:52 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

ee Dee Venturi loose Empty
Live on Patrol

ee Dee Venturi loose

Go down

ee Dee Venturi loose Empty ee Dee Venturi loose

Post  fargophil Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:48 am

As the title says, I have a Tee Dee with a loose venturi.What is the best way to secure it to the engine so it doesn't rotate and leak air?
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

ee Dee Venturi loose Empty Re: ee Dee Venturi loose

Post  layback209 Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:30 am

This is probably the best option. Cox international sells an aluminum body which allows you to tighten it up more to prevent stripping.

https://coxengines.ca/front-end/cox--049--051-carburetor-body-round-red.html

One other option, though I haven't tried myself is to make aluminum tape gaskets to mitigate air leaks.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:16 pm

I use Permatex Anaerobic gasket sealant. The Anearobic part is really important. It means it only sort of hardens/seals where there is NO air. So you can just wipe the rest off. I put it on the Venturi threads before putting it in and tightening it. just be careful not to get it in the 3 venturi sprinjler holes or the needle valve body spray hole that feeds the venturi. I also use the Aluminium Carby bodies that Matt and Bernie sell. I find I am able to tighten the venturi better in them than the plastic ones. I also use the same Permatex when I put the aluminium carb bodies on the crank case to make sure they seal  really well.

Once I have done this I have no trouble with leaks or anything moving and I can tighten the venturi such that the needle valve is pointing away from the propellor to suit my likes.

Others may know of better and or simpler ways, but the above works very well for me and my TDs are very reliable and easy to start and run with very constant revs whilst flying.

Note:The above mentioned sealant does not seal and set such that bizzare methods are required to remove the components at any time you need to. I use the same stuff on my Surestart crankcase gaskets even when new and I use it on my cylinder threads at the bottom and no trouble pulling things apart like with some gasket sealants.

Yabby

Last edited by Yabby on Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed bold formatting.)
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:07 am

Yes the permatex motoseal 29132 does well I like this very inexpensive product compare To the 51531 stuf I use it on several applications it's very useful Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Thumbs Up
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fargophil Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:14 am

As a follow on to the original question, what is the best source for fuel tubing that is reasonably tight on the fuel nipple
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Another solution option is to use plumbers' teflon tape-which is stretchy, conformable stuff (they use it to seal tap threads and similar joints)-available at any decent hardware store.....a wrap of that around the threaded stem of the venturi can work wonders-and poses no problems in later removal. There IS a fine line though-regardless of what system you use-in tightening the venturi in the OEM plastic housings-overtightening can split the boss the venturi threads into-the TD 020 and 049 are particularly prone to this. The current manufactured plastic items (out of Mecoa) have a web at the rear to minimise this happening-but the bulk of the Cox manufactured ones don't-with the possible exception of the R/C carb equipped TD 05 and TD 09 models.

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:39 pm

fargophil wrote:As a follow on to the original question, what is the best source for fuel  tubing that is reasonably tight on the fuel nipple

Use spring clips made for fuel tubing. Another way for .049 engines with barbed nipple is using 2.5 mm inner diameter silicone o-ring. Slide o-ring on fuel tubing before attaching it to nipple. Attach fuel tubing to nipple, then slide o-ring on barb.

Wrapping thin iron or copper wire on silicone fuel line is not a good idea, because thin wire cuts the silicone fuel tubing. But this works with vinyl fuel lines. Vinyl lines is more hard than silicone lines.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down