Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Cox_ba12

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 9:52 pm

» $25 Black Widow on RCG
by batjac Today at 9:37 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Today at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 7:19 pm

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Ken Cook Today at 6:42 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Today at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 6:14 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by roddie Today at 3:09 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 2:24 pm

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 2:23 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 10:54 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Today at 6:52 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Empty
Live on Patrol

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF

Go down

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Empty Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF

Post  balogh Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:01 am

I suggest that Admin/Jacob adds to the Patents on the Instruction Sheets page of CEF the link to the Proportional Exhaust Throttle invention patent by Roger Freiheit:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6748908B2/en

The patent can also be freely downloaded in pdf here, and I suggest the pdf be somehow stored on CEF because the link to the patent may disappear from the web:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/08/91/23/5b2780e28f5666/US6748908.pdf

The embodiment of this great invention is seen in the photo below:

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Pet14

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Pet211

This is definitely an interesting part of COX engine history, I believe it deserves archiving it here on CEF.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Empty Re: Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF

Post  Levent Suberk Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 pm

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF Empty Re: Patents on the Instruction sheets page of CEF

Post  andrew Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:33 pm

The PET throttle by Roger Freiheit caused more hoopla over in RCU than whacking a hornet's nest with a baseball bat.  Freiheit, operating and posting under the name Micro-Flite in RCU, proved himself to be more slippery than a catfish.  This throttle was introduced around 2004 with threads that ran until 2005.  Folks were obviously interested in the throttle, but other than self-aggrandizing, he was unwilling to post verified tach numbers, post a video of a takeoff, touch and go, and landing of a plane, or to send an engine to one of the well respected RCU members for evaluation, without conditions. Queries about when the throttle would be in production and shipped were also sidestepped.  In short, he was completely unable to answer simple, straight forward questions.

The postings became so acrimonious and frustrating that the administrator finally locked and closed out two threads.

Here is a link into two of the threads:
Thread 1
Thread 2

I had no contact with Freiheit other than his posting and never attempted to purchase any of his products. However, much of his behavior on the forum bordered on the bizarre and his reluctance to answer direct questions seemed almost mental. I'll leave the threads here so folks may form their own opinions, should they wish.

Last edited by andrew on Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:01 pm

I never met Mr Freiheit, maybe talked to him once on the telephone, but - contrary to the ambivalent sentiments I often observe in people talking about him -  I found him a very decent gentleman.

In his dealings with me - I bought a PET, several balloon tanks, electric starter etc from him - he was very fair and responsive...in my video on the PET I  could drop the idle to around 13k if I remember well, but conditions were far from ideal. I will repeat the bench test and let you know the lowest idle achieved.

As an invention, I liked PET's reliance on different thermal expansion coefficients of copper alloys and steel, and the PET itself is a very nicely fabricated throttle.

It is true the book he sold with the PET is a bit repetitive in its sections and overwhelming, but I attributed it to the enthusiasm of a creative engineer.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:57 am

Yeah, I can add those to the list. Thumbs Up

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:14 am

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down