Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Today at 8:05 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by MauricioB Today at 7:39 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:52 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Empty Re: Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get

Post  roddie Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:37 pm

rdw777 wrote:You bet, Will make a couple up  Thumbs Up …. The photo shows the front end of SBJ with the 5-40 nut on… I happen to have one Very Happy…. I tried to scheme out a flywheel but no bueno…. Maybe a local machine shop could make them…

I mentioned earlier; the Dumas model boat running-hardware kits for 1/2A glow power.. and asked about the SB/SBJ thread-pitch on the output-shaft. Bob confirmed the 5-40.. as is in all the later Cox .049/.051 engines. The Dumas kits came with the flywheel.. (#6 center-hole must be bushed for 5-40 to avoid eccentricity leading to imbalance) and includes a Universal-joint which is internally threaded 5-40 in the hex-end.. and includes a steel shaft; threaded to mate with the u-joint's opposite end. These kits were complete... and some were meant for installation in their then; "Atlas Van-Lines" Hydroplane kit for either "free" or "tether" running.

Some photos..

the Dumas U-joint/flywheel assy that came in my kit # 2306

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Dumas_17

an example photo from the web, showing installation on a Babe Bee.. to power a Dumas AVL Hydro (18" length)

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Dumas-10

Dumas still offers those kits..

https://www.dumasproducts.com/?product=running-hardware-kit-2314-for-1209-1410-1411-1422

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Dumas_18

I have 5-40 hex-nuts that I can send to Bob.. which might help to fit a flywheel/U-joint assy. from that Dumas running hdwe. kit.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Empty Re: Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get

Post  rsv1cox Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:25 am

Looks like I have those Dumas universals coming roddie.

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 Ebay_b11
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 am

I got the Franken Space Bug/Space Bug Jr. together this morning using Mudhen's crankshaft, Space Bug crankcase, and SB Jr.'s plastic tank and accessories.  Mud sent  a new prop drive washer too which I pulled on with a couple of toothpicks and nuts.  Not fun getting those little ground off 2/56 nuts back on the bolts.  

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 P1016780

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 P1016777

After I tightened the head I got a nice "it's going to run" pop flipping the yellow safety tipped prop.  

Yesterday I ordered a bunch of parts from both Bernie and Matt.  Got to wait on assembling the "authentic" SB Jr. until I get new case gaskets.  

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 P1016781
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:57 pm

I got Bernies SBJr. parts in today, Matt's on the way. Enough to keep the little gems running for years to come. Bernie included a little keychain thingy that will find it's way into my CEF coffee cup.

Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 P1016871
Space Bug Jr. - Trying to determine just how stupid I want to get - Page 2 P1016872
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:01 am

That rubber tipped key chain thingy, got the same from Bernie for an order I placed not long ago. It is a touch pointer clicker for a cellphone or tablet touch screen.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:32 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:That rubber tipped key chain thingy, got the same from Bernie for an order I placed not long ago. It is a touch pointer clicker for a cellphone or tablet touch screen.

Thanks George, just got back from an early morning shopping trip and picked it up........pressed the black rubber tip and .... "Well, it's not a flashlight or lazer pointer"......... Huh...
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2