Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Displaying Product Engines Cox_ba12

Displaying Product Engines Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Displaying Product Engines Empty
Live on Patrol

Displaying Product Engines

Go down

Displaying Product Engines Empty Displaying Product Engines

Post  anm2 Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:23 am

I am starting to put together some examples of older product engines. Does anyone have any ideas on a good way to display the cox engines that used Postage Stamp Backplates? The Goldberg mounts are good, I just don't have a lot of those lying around. Has anyone made custom mounts for these engines, or have any ideas that would look good and not too difficult to fabricate. Thanks for any ideas. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Displaying Product Engines Empty Re: Displaying Product Engines

Post  roddie Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 am

Why not make an "L" shaped stand out of thin wood, for mounting the engine by its prop-screw?... Make a hardwood base 2"W. x 3"L. x 1/2" thick and rout a 1/4" channel across the grain at one end, for gluing in a 1/4" x 2" hardwood upright (the size of lattice stock) about 2" high... Maybe "radius" the top, and drill a 1/8" hole in the center of the radius for the prop-screw. Stain it... varnish it... wood-burn the engine info into the base before assembly. Stick some felt on the bottom of the base... and you have a classic looking display stand which I think would compliment the engine nicely. As a plus.. the engine can be rotated on the stand.. to display it at different angles.

You could also make a long base "rail" to hold several engines with several routered cross-slots spaced about 4" apart... and have the uprights fit into the slots without gluing them.. so that you can remove each upright/engine for inspection.

An easy way to do either.. would be to alternately use some 1/8" thick material for the uprights..  (plywood or acrylic sheet etc.) and cross-cut the slots in the base, on a table saw to accept the uprights. An average blade's kerf (width of cut) is approx. 1/8". Mount the engine with a short prop-screw.. or add a "club" in the mounting.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:53 pm

roddie wrote:Why not make an "L" shaped stand out of thin wood, for mounting the engine by its prop-screw?... Make a hardwood base 2"W. x 3"L. x 1/2" thick and rout a 1/4" channel across the grain at one end, for gluing in a 1/4" x 2" hardwood upright (the size of lattice stock) about 2" high... Maybe "radius" the top, and drill a 1/8" hole in the center of the radius for the prop-screw. Stain it... varnish it... wood-burn the engine info into the base before assembly. Stick some felt on the bottom of the base... and you have a classic looking display stand which I think would compliment the engine nicely. As a plus.. the engine can be rotated on the stand.. to display it at different angles.

You could also make a long base "rail" to hold several engines with several routered cross-slots spaced about 4" apart... and have the uprights fit into the slots without gluing them.. so that you can remove each upright/engine for inspection.

An easy way to do either.. would be to alternately use some 1/8" thick material for the uprights..  (plywood or acrylic sheet etc.) and cross-cut the slots in the base, on a table saw to accept the uprights. An average blade's kerf (width of cut) is approx. 1/8". Mount the engine with a short prop-screw.. or add a "club" in the mounting.

Roddie, This is a great idea. I think it is relatively simple and would work nicely. I am not sure when I will get this together, but I will post pictures when I do. Thanks, Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 pm

If you need help thinking up a way to do something, just ask Roddie. lol! 

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Displaying Product Engines Empty RE: Displaying Product Engines

Post  rat9000 Fri May 02, 2014 12:50 am

Cant top roddies idea,but I do have some copper plates,they measure 5/16 ths thick-2-3/4 long-5/8ths wide,they are the same width as an .049 crankcase.I've got 6 I can spare.
rat9000
rat9000
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum