Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New guy checking in. :) - Page 2 Cox_ba12

New guy checking in. :) - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 5:50 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New guy checking in. :) - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

New guy checking in. :)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New guy checking in. :) - Page 2 Empty Re: New guy checking in. :)

Post  sdjjadk Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Here is a video of my Riviera.

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 am

I love those Comet plans roddie but agree, cutting out all of those parts would take a lot of Xacto skills and patience.  Looking at them I can see how much I missed the scale of the cockpit module.  Part of it was by necessity as the canopy was one I had on-hand and no where near scale for the P-38.

Last time I flew it was about 25 years ago.  I would guess I have about twenty flights on it without a significant negative event.  I would always top off the inside engine last hoping that the outside engine would quit first.  If it didn't it would surely spin in towards me.  

Wing loading is quite high and when the last engine quit it would fall like a rock, but by that time I had it near the ground anyway.  

I sold the original GB's long ago and as mentioned recently replaced them.  When I did I neglected to reshim the engines using small washers to get the thrust plane right, really noticable in the nose-on photo.  Took me awhile to get it right originally, so I will have to go through that all over again.  Sad

When I googled tether Rivieras I found that video Shawn.  I gather that you still have it as for a moment I thought it might be mine as the tires are well worn.  Smile

I haven't fired any of them up yet.  However the one on the left is complete and has not be ran, so I will probably never try that one.  The two blue Rivieras have been well used.  The first Riveria I bought came in a package with the Baja Bug and the F1 Wen-mac racer.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:25 am

sdjjadk wrote:Here is a video of my Riviera.

Shawn

Shawn, just noticed your Southern Maryland location. We lived in Great Mills for many years then moved to Leonardtown then to Florida. We now live in West Virginia.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

Shawn,  just noticed your Southern Maryland location.  We lived in Great Mills for many years then moved to Leonardtown then to Florida.  We now live in West Virginia.

Wow small world!
Great Mills is about 15 minutes from me. I'm originally from Waldorf but I moved to St. Mary's County in 85 until 96
when I moved down to Jacksonville with some friends for a few months then I moved down to Seminole County in 97 (which is near Orlando) when I met my wife and I lived there for over 10 years. My parents gave my family and I some property so we moved back to St. Mary's County about 4 years ago.  
As for W.V., I have family on my Mom's side from there and we have spent the last 3 Summer vacations at Babcock State Park in Clifftop.

Where in Florida did you live?
Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 am

First lived in Pensacola when I was in the Navy, then transferred to Jacksonville (lived in Orange Park) for five great years. When we retired we moved down to Spring Hill in Florida and spent about twenty years there before moving to a little no stop light town here in WV called Capon Bridge.

My daughter lived in Valley Lee for awhile and we always enjoyed a trip down to Evans restaurant near Piney Point. Nice country there in SM.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

rsv1cox wrote:First lived in Pensacola when I was in the Navy, then transferred to Jacksonville (lived in Orange Park) for five great years.  When we retired we moved down to Spring Hill in Florida and spent about twenty years there before moving to a little no stop light town here in WV called Capon Bridge.  

My daughter lived in Valley Lee for awhile and we always enjoyed a trip down to Evans restaurant near Piney Point.  Nice country there in SM.  

I grew up in Jacksonville. Actually Jacksonville Beach. You must have worked at NAS Cecil Field or NAS Jacksonville. I will guess Cecil Field. That's where all the real work was done:) Interestingly, I caught the C/L bug after my dad took me to a huge C/L and R/C event at Whitehouse Field back around 77/78. It was run by the owner of Art's Hobby Shop. If you were into the hobby back in those days, you would have remembered his hobby shop. It had everything. Welcome to the forum. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:18 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I love those Comet plans roddie but agree, cutting out all of those parts would take a lot of Xacto skills and patience.  Looking at them I can see how much I missed the scale of the cockpit module.  Part of it was by necessity as the canopy was one I had on-hand and no where near scale for the P-38.

Last time I flew it was about 25 years ago.  I would guess I have about twenty flights on it without a significant negative event.  I would always top off the inside engine last hoping that the outside engine would quit first.  If it didn't it would surely spin in towards me.  

Wing loading is quite high and when the last engine quit it would fall like a rock, but by that time I had it near the ground anyway.  

Hey RSV... I agree with Rusty's comment... your P38 was built from scratch and flies! It's unmistakable as the subject.. regardless of the cockpit module's shape. The fact that is has two "Golden-Bee's" tugs at my heartstrings. The two I "still have".. were some of my very first engines.

My Comet P38 kit may get started this Winter... I "do" have a lot of patience. What I have now.. that I didn't have when I bought the kit; is a scroll-saw. It will still require countless hours of sanding each little part.. but when it comes to sanding.. I spend a good amount of effort in making my own sanding tools from scrap hardwood dowels.. popsicle-sticks, emery-boards etc. and have a good assortment of riffler rasps/files too. A great sanding tool for "stick" construction is a "T" stick with the width/depth pre-set for cutting the spar/longeron slots in the ribs/bulkheads.. so that the square-stock fits snug and flush.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrGoodwreck Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello
MrGoodwreck
MrGoodwreck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:23 pm

rsv1cox wrote:First lived in Pensacola when I was in the Navy, then transferred to Jacksonville (lived in Orange Park) for five great years.  
 I know Orange Park. I lived across the bridge over in Mandarin.

rsv1cox wrote:My daughter lived in Valley Lee for awhile and we always enjoyed a trip down to Evans restaurant near Piney Point.  Nice country there in SM.  
Evans had the best crab cakes!
I live in Piney Point. And although it is pretty nice country, there has been quite a bit of development in the area due to all of the Military and Civilian contractors that come to Lexington Park from Crystal City Va. which also created a lot of Civilian jobs at the Pax Naval Air Station.

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next