Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Well great... - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Well great... - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Older ignition books
by lla Today at 4:17 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 3:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:33 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by getback Today at 10:23 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Today at 8:40 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:54 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Today at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Well great... - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Well great...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well great... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well great...

Post  sdjjadk Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Kim wrote:
sdjjadk wrote:One of these day's I'll try the bladder thing. I have a couple Postage Stamp .049's with fine thread NV's but they are car engines.
Hmmm I wonder how a bladder fed Stinger Funny Car would perform? Huh...

Shawn

You mean: "Hmmm I wonder how a bladder fed Fuel Injected Stinger Funny Car would perform?"
How about an .049 c.i.d. Hemi powered Stinger Funny Car?  Very Happy
Well great... - Page 2 Stinge10

Last edited by sdjjadk on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : How)
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:23 pm

That's bad to the bone.

Make it happen!!!

I don't think the run would be any different, would love to see it though!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 am

Shawn, I got my Stinger running a few weeks back. I put on a dual bypass older Black Widow cylinder. My thought was that this would use fuel at a higher rate. The tanks are quite small and I was looking for a shorter run. It sent the rpm's into oblivion. Not a good choice and I will be going back to the single ported cylinder. There just is no need for that high of rpm. It still ran too long. The main problem I had was keeping the line taught. The car went down the line sliding from left to right. Maybe a little lead in the body will prevent that. I seriously feel that the wheels were spinning on the ground rather than hooking up. You really need to keep a lot of sponges and such at the end of the line due to the car hitting the pin in which it just sits there doing a burnout. You need a lot of line length.

As for the bladder, not a good choice for a car. One it's not needed as the tank draws fuel just fine. When a bladder gets to the end of the run, the engine goes rich unlike a tank which goes lean. In order for the bladder to work properly it would need to be filled adequately to reap the benefit of pressure . That would be far too much fuel. However, running a 128TPI needle in the dragster gives you a much finer and leaner setting than the stock needle therefore extracting a bit more power. As for your Stinger, if you decide to run it, be very careful of the rear wheels. The wheels have hex's molded on the inside. This is what drives them and they split at the intersection of each flat. If you can find the rear wheel set from a Eliminator or Vega, these have a different plastic which is more durable almost like a reinforced plastic and last a long time. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 am

Ken Cook wrote:Shawn, I got my Stinger running a few weeks back.

The main problem I had was keeping the line taught. The car went down the line sliding from left to right. Maybe a little lead in the body will prevent that. I seriously feel that the wheels were spinning on the ground rather than hooking up. You really need to keep a lot of sponges and such at the end of the line due to the car hitting the pin in which it just sits there doing a burnout. You need a lot of line length.

Ken

Might be a good idea at the finish-line, (along with the sponge-bumpers) to use a thin sheet of smooth plastic about 2 feet square.. and drill a hole centered on the far edge for the pin to go through. When the car reaches the finish line, the drive tires will spin on smooth plastic.. rather than abrasive pavement or having excess dirt/debris thrown up into the chassis/engine. Having the pin go through the sheet, prevents it from being kicked-back by the spinning drive-tires when the car stops.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks Ken and Roddie for the suggestions. I think I'll use the stock fuel tank instead. Also, I have 2 Stingers, one is new with the  Eliminator style drive train and slicks. The other one is used and may have been a prototype or test car as the right rear wheel is driven and the left rear wheel has no hex molded into it and just spins free. Also the body hold down on the rear of the chassis looks to have been molded differently as well. Since it has already been used and I got it dirt cheap, I plan on running it instead of the new one.

Oh hey Ken, do you have any video of the Stinger?

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 am

This is from the manual of an old Corvette, shows a way to slow the car at the end of the run.

Well great... - Page 2 Scan_210
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Shawn, I still have no video. Our club Facebook designer Rich Martinez has mentioned many of times for us to drag out all of our Cox related items. Our club has one heck of a collection when put together. Rich is responsible for all video on our Facebook page so without him were all lost. This could happen within the next month or so. I will talk to the club into taking part of this as this could really be quite cool. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm

crankbndr wrote:This is from the manual of an old Corvette, shows a way to slow the car at the end of the run.

Well great... - Page 2 Scan_210
When I was a kid, my friends and I used a setup almost identical to that for our funny cars except we used a longer and wider V lines. We also had a couple people at the end to grab the car(s) and shut the engine(s) off in case a parachute didn't deploy or if they didn't run out of fuel in time.

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Ken Cook wrote:            Shawn, I still have no video. Our club Facebook designer Rich Martinez has mentioned many of times for us to drag out all of our Cox related items. Our club has one heck of a collection when put together. Rich is responsible for all video on our Facebook page so without him were all lost. This could happen within the next month or so. I will talk to the club into taking part of this as this could really be quite cool. Ken

That would be neat to see.

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next