Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Ebay Trauma  !!!!!!!! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Ebay Trauma  !!!!!!!! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Today at 3:45 am

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by latole Today at 3:20 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:59 am

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:42 am

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Ebay Trauma  !!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Ebay Trauma !!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ebay Trauma  !!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebay Trauma !!!!!!!!

Post  Kim Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

nitroairplane wrote:The cub is such a nice plane as is the pietenpol.
They just look how planes should.
Made from real materials and powered by real engines.

Yeah, Hose of Balsa used to market two kits...I believe one in .40 size and another that was 1/2A.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm

You mean a pietenpol right?
They look so nice ad your colours look good.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm

fit90 wrote:When talking about all the "fun oddities" in general aviation do not forget insurance. Several years ago a few of my friends and I were going to buy a Citabria together. I was the only one in the group with a tail wheel endorsement. Since the insurance company required everyone, regardless of time and experience to get 25 hours of dual in the plane and I was an instructor I would be allowed to give my partners the dual they needed but I would still need to get 25 hours of dual myself before I could be PIC. Before all of this, though, I would be covered for maintenance flights, demonstration flights and delivery flights. I thought that this was so incredibly stupid that only the FAA could have thought it up. I was wrong.

Bob

Yeah, insurance was the final nail in the coffin for my involvement with the Young Eagle Program. I'd raised my liabilty cover enough to meet their requirements for them to provide a million dollar coverage when I flew Young Eagles. During a discussion with an official coordinator of the program, he commented that they'd "probably drop me like a hot potato if anything happened".

About a week later, we were having a Young Eagle Rally (had mixed feelings about that too). One of the ladies that was helping us with paperwork came running out to my plane after I'd already started the engine (dangerous), and handed me one of the wavers parents must sign to allow their kids to take the ride. Across the bottom where the form releases EAA from liability in case of an accident was written, "Unless due to pilot negligence."

It takes a lot to tick me off, but this went right through me. The rides were free to everyone. I'd gotten up before dawn on a Saturday, dragged the plane out at sunrise, and flew it cross-country to the Rally. I was spending my own money, burning my own fuel, putting wear and tear on my plane, getting in and out and prop starting it for each flight. Suddenly the whole deal just made me want to vomit. I decided I just didn't NEED this kind of hassle....trying inspire a kid, while his parents saw the whole thing as buying a lottery ticket.

I shut down Piet's engine, told the lady to tear up the waver, got the kid out, restarted and flew away. I heard she didn't destroy it immediately, using it to explain my sudden exit.

That was some 18 years ago, and as bad as it sucked, that was actually a better time than now. Have to wonder if the kid is part of the occupy losers, squatting in his crap outside some building somewhere....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Kim wrote:
fit90 wrote:When talking about all the "fun oddities" in general aviation do not forget insurance. Several years ago a few of my friends and I were going to buy a Citabria together. I was the only one in the group with a tail wheel endorsement. Since the insurance company required everyone, regardless of time and experience to get 25 hours of dual in the plane and I was an instructor I would be allowed to give my partners the dual they needed but I would still need to get 25 hours of dual myself before I could be PIC. Before all of this, though, I would be covered for maintenance flights, demonstration flights and delivery flights. I thought that this was so incredibly stupid that only the FAA could have thought it up. I was wrong.

Bob

Yeah, insurance was the final nail in the coffin for my involvement with the Young Eagle Program. I'd raised my liability coverage enough to meet the EAA's requirements for them to provide a million dollar coverage when I flew Young Eagles. During a discussion with an official coordinator of the program, he commented that they'd "probably drop me like a hot potato if anything happened".

About a week later, we were having a Young Eagle Rally (had mixed feelings about that too). One of the ladies that was helping us with paperwork came running out to my plane after I'd already started the engine (dangerous), and handed me one of the wavers parents must sign to allow their kids to take the ride. Across the bottom where the form releases EAA from liability in case of an accident was written, "Unless due to pilot negligence."

It takes a lot to tick me off, but this went right through me. The rides were free to everyone. I'd gotten up before dawn on a Saturday, dragged the plane out at sunrise, and flew it cross-country to the Rally. I was spending my own money, burning my own fuel, putting wear and tear on my plane, getting in and out and prop starting it for each flight. Suddenly the whole deal just made me want to vomit. I decided I just didn't NEED this kind of hassle....trying inspire a kid, while his parents saw the whole thing as buying a lottery ticket.

I shut down Piet's engine, told the lady to tear up the waver, got the kid out, restarted and flew away. I heard she didn't destroy it immediately, using it to explain my sudden exit.

That was some 18 years ago, and as bad as it sucked, that was actually a better time than now. Have to wonder if the kid is part of the occupy losers, squatting in his crap outside some building somewhere....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm

I would have thrown application into the prop. Despite dangers of it.
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah, and looking back, I now feel like I over-reacted, but I was already wound up with having all those kids around running airplanes. The original intent was to take a couple of kids out to an airplane, show them why things move and what they do, THEN take them for a flight to show them how it is.

My pals slowly wandered away from that thinking and toward wanting to log big numbers of kids.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2