Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Those darn Google bums!!!!! Cox_ba12

Those darn Google bums!!!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:43 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» Post your Older books
by lla Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Those darn Google bums!!!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Those darn Google bums!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Those darn Google bums!!!!! Empty Those darn Google bums!!!!!

Post  batjac Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 am

I read a couple of weeks ago about how Google is going to penalize any sites that aren't optimized for mobile devices.  But, I didn't expect it to hit the fan so soon.  I just logged onto Outerzone, and he's already switched over.  After logging onto OZ, I was extremely irritated and decided to change gears.  So, I logged into the Polk Audio Forum.  Guess what....   That's about the fifth site I like to frequent that's just become a major pain to log onto with a PC.

NOT ALL OF US LIVE OUR LIVES ON OUR CELL PHONES!!!!!    DAMMIT!

The Outraged Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Those darn Google bums!!!!! Empty Re: Those darn Google bums!!!!!

Post  Admin Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 am

This forum has a mobile version, fortunately it can be switched to the desktop version when looking at it on a cellphone.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 am

I have a flip cell phone that I use only when I'm away from home. I don't own a "smart phone", never want a smart phone, never will own a smart phone. The rest of the family is smart phone crazy. I spend to much time on this PC as it is to get anything else done, I can't imagine carrying it with me 24/7.

The old and cranky Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:48 am

I too only have a "flip phone" for away from the house communication.My wife has the smart phone in our family.I choose not to become a victim of the overpriced,handheld attention distractor! Rolling Eyes
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 am

70sChild wrote:I too only have a "flip phone" for away from the house communication.My wife has the smart phone in our family.I choose not to become a victim of the overpriced,handheld attention distractor! Rolling Eyes

Good!!!

Two of us against the world. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

We have to stick together ,Bob Hand Shake

My wife calls me an "old man" because of some of my old school thinking.If I had one of those things in my pocket 24/7,either that device or myself would find it's way out the window of a very fast moving vehicle!   Affraid or WOW!
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:20 pm

I am not a smartphone fan but cannot do without it as I need to check my work-related emails so often..when it freezes or just misbehaves I call it fartphone...sorry for the redneck lingo
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Yea,my wife also uses her smartphone for work.Her job depends on it.

Me being a true redneck from south Texas,I also use the term "fartphone" on a regular basis.

They definitely have their purpose,just not in a movie theatre,crowded subway,driving, or walking down a crowded sidewalk!Mad
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:42 pm

My wife and I got Track phones many years ago. I spend 20 bucks every three months, and its all we use, and all we can afford. It makes calls just fine. Both my sons have smart phones. The way they use them bugs the crap out of me. They cant even relax wile having a visit with us. Every few minutes the phone is sounding off with another text or call. Its rude and annoying. Its like an addiction, they cant turn them off! We could be in the middle of Thanksgiving and "DROID" Then they will talk right in the middle of everything without excusing them selves. This behaviour seems normal to them and others, but not me!
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:18 pm

When cell phones first came out I hated them. But right now I'm relaxing out on in back yard typing this on my S-5, listening to Pandora (Alice Cooper, Schools Out) couple minutes ago I was on face book messinger, discussing up coming disc golf tourney. I'll make a couple notes for work, check weather, huskerpedia...all on my phone, no computer needed.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:When cell phones first came out I hated them. But right now I'm relaxing out on in back yard typing this on my S-5, listening to Pandora (Alice Cooper, Schools Out) couple minutes ago I was on face book messinger, discussing up coming disc golf tourney. I'll make a couple notes for work, check weather, huskerpedia...all on my phone, no computer needed.
That's about how I use mine too. I love Pandora through the bluetooth in my car or plugged into a pair of speakers in the shop. I set it to a shuffle that contains many eras and genre of Blues, 60s through modern Rock, a tad of Bluegrass, and classical. It uses very little bandwidth. Holley and I share 2GB/month and only use 10% of it at most.

I unfortunately got Windows phones for our smart phone entry. On August 28 the 2 yr contract will end, and I'm getting a Droid. Any suggestions are welcome. I love having weather, e-mail and music at my fingertips, as well as a quick Google now and then. I do minimal texting, but it's very handy when you want to pass a message without bothering the receiving party. Like telling my wife or son I made it to my destination, or am hitting the road for home. We all let each other know we've made it safely on road trips.

But I don't care to converse at length via text or e-mail with the phone. Nor do I like using websites like forums. It's too hard for me to manipulate text editors. I compare it with looking at the internet through a keyhole. Maybe a bigger screen is in order. But then it may not fit the media pocket in my cargo pants.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Hey buddy,
I was gonna fly some micro r/c tonite in the backyard, but it was a little windy.
I like my S-5, this is my third Samsung phone, but the camera is not as nice as I thought it would be, I phones now have a larger screen as well.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 pm

I have had a cell phone since 95. Back in those days it was carried around in a bag. Have an iphone 5 now.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 am

batjac wrote:I read a couple of weeks ago about how Google is going to penalize any sites that aren't optimized for mobile devices.  But, I didn't expect it to hit the fan so soon.  I just logged onto Outerzone, and he's already switched over.  After logging onto OZ, I was extremely irritated and decided to change gears.  So, I logged into the Polk Audio Forum.  Guess what....   That's about the fifth site I like to frequent that's just become a major pain to log onto with a PC. NOT ALL OF US LIVE OUR LIVES ON OUR CELL PHONES!!!!!    DAMMIT! The Outraged Mark
Google did something interesting recently. I no longer can connect to my E-mail through IMAP to their server from Mozilla Thunderbird. They blocked my connection, which worked previously under the guise that T-bird is a security risk, because it does not use Google based browser authentication (i.e., Chrome). I can downgrade connectivity through an option to enable "inferior" connections to T-bird,  which makes no sense at all as it uses industry standard password security for connection. Beats me why. Popcorn This was at a time when I wanted to get away from Yahoo, because of their ad spamming in mail. Tired w/ Coffee Read
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:49 am

My 1st cellular phone was a gift from my Mother. She wanted communicate with "Us Kids" whenever she wanted too. She was respectful about the times to call, or text, soon she became more enthralled with their capabilities, and wanted more than 1.21 gigawatts on her phone. Mine was basic: it could _talk, text, and take pictures...AND SEND THEM! Cool! Sadly, she passed away with the full-screen phones not in her repertoire. Then, my girlfriend's family were upgrading their phones, so I was handed-down a flip-phone with a miniature keyboard. Still...no internet, facebook, twitter, for me. I can contact all the flying buddies I need, though. That seems fine to me; I can still take pictures and send them, just not to a computer, though. Whoopee.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:05 am

rsv1cox wrote:
70sChild wrote:I too only have a "flip phone" for away from the house communication.My wife has the smart phone in our family.I choose not to become a victim of the overpriced,handheld attention distractor! Rolling Eyes

Good!!!

Two of us against the world.  Smile

Bob

There's a few more of us dinosaurs stomping around...I even went so far as to try texting, and was immediately personally offended that everyone else seemed personally offended when I wasn't instantly at their beckon call! --

"Guess you missed my text.."
"No...I haven't checked them lately"
"Well what's the point of texting if you're gonna treat it like voice mail?"
"Excellent point!"

...and so, my texting career died an early death...

T-Rex Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:23 am

Had some cheap flip thing , then went to a LG slid with a mini key board ,I have had the smart phone / had to have a inside antannie to be inside the house / got off that then window 7 or 8 ? now that I really liked the texting key board but cant afford the service and a land line for the house ( my DAD ) SO I have O Mama Assurance phone now ( reminds me of something Mattel would make for a baby ) All the texting you can choke to do 250 mins. a month for FREE. Very Happy The cheap Eric ... O yea I had a antdroid for a short time I didn't like the way it worked ? maybe better now though Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

Kim wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:

Good!!!

Two of us against the world.  Smile

Bob

There's a few more of us dinosaurs stomping around...I even went so far as to try texting, and was immediately personally offended that everyone else seemed personally offended when I wasn't instantly at their beckon call! --

"Guess you missed my text.."
"No...I haven't checked them lately"
"Well what's the point of texting if you're gonna treat it like voice mail?"
"Excellent point!"

...and so, my texting career died an early death...

T-Rex Kim

Amen to that,Kim!

When you mention "personal device" these days,that is what the mainstream expect.....to be reached at all times  Reading
Been down that road.....didn't care for it! I need my disconnect time.
My pay by the month cheapo,Cricket flip phone works great!It is what it is....a phone!

I too had the "bag phone" when it first came out.It was used in case I broke down.The plans were expensive back then.

The satisfied old fart. Smoking
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:51 am

70sChild wrote:
Kim wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
70sChild wrote:I too only have a "flip phone" for away from the house communication. [....]
Good!!! Two of us against the world.  Smile Bob
...I even went so far as to try texting, and was immediately personally offended that everyone else seemed personally offended when I wasn't instantly at their beckon call! -- [....] and so, my texting career died an early death... T-Rex Kim
Amen to that,Kim! When you mention "personal device" these days,that is what the mainstream expect.....
to be reached at all times  Reading Been down that road.....didn't care for it! I need my disconnect time. My pay by the month cheapo, Cricket flip phone works great! It is what it is....a phone!
I tried texting on a 9 digit keypad flip phone. It was like Ham radio amateurs banging out Morse Code in the 1960's. That's it! Texting existed long before cell phones did as Morse Code! Very Happy They even had chat abbreviations: XYL = Ex-Young Lady (wife), CUL = See yoU Later, R = aRe, TKS = ThanKS, U = yoU, etc. Smile
May be that is why I never became an Amateur. lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 am

Yea,I have text capability on my flip as well.It is exactly like you said Smile
Needless to say I do not use it at all,but it came with the cheapest plan i could get.
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 am

70sChild wrote:Yea,I have text capability on my flip as well.It is exactly like you said Smile
Needless to say I do not use it at all,but it came with the cheapest plan i could get.

Yeah, that's definitely my future direction.

I can even get in trouble with my attitude toward simple cell-phone technology:

Took a bike trip out around Colorado a few years ago, and announced that I needed some "punch-out time", and that my phone would probably be off for most of the run (makes the deal with keeping it charged a little easier), but I'd try to check my messages once I was settled in camp each day.
Whew! You'd have thought that I was boiling puppies into candle wax !!
The lady I was seeing at the time couldn't believe my "indifference", friends were sure I was gonna die, and everybody, incredibly, seemed to take it as a snub.

I've since culled the herd of my acquaintances a bit, and have a lot fewer friends who feel that everyone should tagged and tracked like geese !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 am

Kim wrote:
70sChild wrote:Yea,I have text capability on my flip as well.It is exactly like you said Smile

Yeah, that's definitely my future direction.  

I can even get in trouble with my attitude toward simple cell-phone technology:

Took a bike trip out around Colorado a few years ago, and announced that I needed some "punch-out time", and that my phone would probably be off for most of the run (makes the deal with keeping it charged a little easier), but I'd try to check my messages once I was settled in camp each day.
Whew!  You'd have thought that I was boiling puppies into candle wax !!
The lady I was seeing at the time couldn't believe my "indifference", friends were sure I was gonna die, and everybody, incredibly, seemed to take it as a snub.

I've since culled the herd of my acquaintances a bit, and have a lot fewer friends who feel that everyone should tagged and tracked like geese !!!

I have also noticed a change in the attitude of my friends and younger family members toward my simple ways. lol!

That is the way a trip,or vacation should be....."punch-out time" My wife understands my feelings on the subject because she uses her smartphone for work.There is nothing more annoying than worrying right then,if you got an e-mail or text in the woods!

KIS,S=Keep It Simple,Steve
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:04 am

I must confess I really like my iPhone. It is a company phone, I would never have spent so much my own money on a phone, but that's the company standard phone for my level of worker bees.

I hated trying to text on the number pad, once I had a Nokia with a real qwerty keypad, that was great but I had to give it up after our IT systems were upgraded. My ideal phone would be the said Nokia hardware with iPhone performance and operating system.

It took me a while to get used to the "no keypad" system and the screen on the iPhone is too small for surfing but I use the phone mostly for talking (not a lot) and photos. I do check my e-mails and Facebook on it too but hardly ever type anything.

And I don't fidget with it when I have company Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  70sChild Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 am

I must admit, my wife's I-phone does take some really good pictures.My fingers are too large (think sausage) to use the virtual keypad on the I-phone.

It is definitely the rude factor about the things.The way that the young people walk around with it in their hands all the time reminds me of kids that sucked their thumbs Thumbs Up
70sChild
70sChild
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

GUS THE I.A. wrote:That seems fine to me; I can still take pictures and send them, just not to a computer, though. Whoopee.
May want to check you phone setup. I was able to change settings so that cellphone pictures on my Samsung cell would be stored onto the removable mini-flash card. After turning phone off, I remove the card, pop it into a card reader to my PC. Now I can transfer the photos to my PC.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next