Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Cox_ba12

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Empty
Live on Patrol

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Empty The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th !

Post  Kim Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:32 am

Don't think there's been a post about this here, though I might have missed it.

The Annual Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon is coming up on the first weekend of October-- 3rd, & 4th ! Once again, I almost missed it, but somehow it emerged from my murky cloud of thoughts this morning, so I checked the Brotherhood of the Ring site.

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Ring10

Gonna have my Super Ringmaster up and going this time, along with the little sheet-wing Ringmaster Bipe that just BARELY squeaked in an evening flight last year, allowing me to post one flight.

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 0_00110

Anyway...that's what's happening!

Slow-to-the-Gate Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Empty Re: The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th !

Post  fredvon4 Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 am

This will be my first year adding to the numbers of flights. Just finishing up the Rodger Harris RM bipe 1/2a and planning to have my son launch AND catch it as my yard this time of year is mostly hard pan colichi with only browned out grass. I don't want to nose over and test the top wing mount strength.

I don't do video or You Tube, but he might get a few still shots
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Empty Re: The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th !

Post  getback Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 am

Cool I have still to Maiden my Baby Ring this will be a good time to do so   The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Wp_20115  at least get it off the wall Lol.  Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:31 am

i'm pretty bummed.... was going to make sure i got out for this but, we have a tropical storm/hurricane coming in this weekend and stormy weather from today on. have not been able to make the time to fly since late july... Mad
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:43 am

Trying my best to get my S1 finished for the fly a thon but with work and the weather it's looking kinda bleak bummers
The weather has just been too bad for my micro ring or I would fly it
Oh well there is always next year Smile (the bandit is bummed out)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 am

Kim, it's been mentioned within other threads, but we've neglected to post it as a topic. Many others have probably missed it too, so thanks for the heads up.

The Carolina Gang is holding a Ring fun-fly Sunday at Watt Moore's field in Chester, SC. Ringmasters will be supplied or run whatcha brung! PM me if you can come and need directions.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:47 am

TDbandit wrote:Trying my best to get my S1 finished for the fly a thon but with work and the weather it's looking kinda bleak bummers
Bandit, open the windows and fly it in the livingroom!
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:27 pm

RknRusty wrote:
TDbandit wrote:Trying my best to get my S1 finished for the fly a thon but with work and the weather it's looking kinda bleak bummers
Bandit, open the windows and fly it in the livingroom!
Rusty
Laughing
Yup I probably could might have to dig me out after I bore a hole through the floor though lol!
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:40 pm

rogermharris wrote:i'm pretty bummed.... was going to make sure i got out for this but, we have a tropical storm/hurricane coming in this weekend and stormy weather from today on. have not been able to make the time to fly since late july... Mad
I hear that! yeah it's been pretty wet here. They are saying that it might rain this weekend for me too O_o
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 pm

I just checked weather.com and Sunday looks like a wash here too. But like last weekend, we'll probably give it a try anyway. Somehow each of us might get one flight in. I said I'd never flown a Ring before, but I forgot, I have flown Microflitedude Matt's a couple of times.

I've been trying to get the Oriental ready for a trim flight on Sunday too. I should have a good shop day tomorrow. I'm tired of working on this project.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:56 am

Clear skies, sunshine and 28°-29° C over the weekend, with a little wind forecast. But alas, I have no Ringmaster. Well, I have two but nothing built Embarassed
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:55 am

Rod, you can put the kit boxes in a sack on a rope and swing them around until you get dizzy. lol!

Don't forget to report your flights to:
2015flyathon@ringmasterflyathon.com

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! just blew milk through my nose , Well the weather here has changed and its looking like RAIN for another week DAMMIT! Its going to bee tricky to get in some flying winds 10-15 20mph gust Geesh . Ole hurricane whats its name is going to bring it to some our friends up around the coast Sad Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:26 am

well they have pushed the hurricane to Monday Tuesday for us and no rain for Sunday but, 25 to 35 mph winds....
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Just about have my S-1 flight ready!
Weather is looking very bad for its maiden though. weather man says rain starting early tomorrow morning and through Sunday with possible severe weather. Keeping my finger crossed that I can get at least one flight in.Wish others a lot of fun with their Rings's!
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 pm

I am going to head out tomorrow and fly after many stagnant months. It's going to be a fun day!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Well looks like I have a ringmaster after all lol
Aside running out of wheel collars (Wheels are just slipped on the axles for the pic)
she's ready to go! (Bandit)
The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! Ringma10
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:04 am

Cribbs74 wrote:I am going to head out tomorrow and fly after many stagnant months. It's going to be a fun day!

Good to hear ! Here's to your getting in some great flights!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:08 am

Son is coming over this afternoon to help me maiden the Rodger Harris beginners RingMaster Bipe. Some day I will actually build a full sized RM S1 or similar variant. This is my first attempt at adding to the Fly A Thon numbers
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Using one of the extra days allowed for the Ringmaster Fly-a-Thon, I headed over to our old, beloved ramp at Cairo's airport, packing my Swap Meet Super Ringmaster and it's sibling, a 1/2A Bipe.

The winds were still fairly brisk late in the day, but seemed to be calming, and had gotten really reasonable by the time everything was hauled out and set up.

I got in four flights with the Super Ringmaster, named "Two-Timer" since it's on it's second rebuild, and was packing a little key-fob camera out on it's right wingtip. It survived the four gentle flights with just a few loops and wingovers, with only a bit of inverted stuff.

The 1/2A Bipe got in three flights....closing out the day, and going home still one piece.

Got some video made up, but can't get to my You Tube account right now...so it's photos for now...

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 1_22

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 4_15

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 6_17

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 10_17

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 11_15

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 12_14

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 13_15

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 20_11

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 18_110

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 15_13

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 16_13

Think I may have to name the 1/2A Bipe "Night Rider" since, like last year's Fly-a-Thon, it seems only to fly at dusk and later!

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 22_10

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 24_12

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 25_10

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 26_11

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 27_12

Anyway, that's it for this year...gonna log these on the Brothers of the Ring site here shortly !

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Nice pics man thanks for sharing!
I myself have yet to get my ring maidened (this time work) so I'm going to try this weekend, hopefully i'll get more than one flight in. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:22 am

Great Pictures Kim , Thanks !! Enjoy seeing them from the plane to the center pics. I Love This Forum! Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:05 am

Kim, great pictures (again!).  I got vertigo looking at the wing over/ inverted flight pic!
It's kinda nice to know that these places will still fly with "large bumps" on their wings and still fly. Do you notice any difference in flight performance with the camera mounted on the custom camera holder?   Congrats on getting some flights in for the fly a thon!! RC Plane
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am

Ya .. those onboard flight shots are really cool!!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:20 am

Thanks a bunch guys !  

I've been amazed at the tolerance model airplanes have for things being bolted or rubberbanded to their carcasses. They DO demand (of course) that their balance is maintained and with that done, seem not to mind the interference of a little added aerodynamic drag.

I measure out some fine lead shot in small zip-lock bags on a postal scale, and just scotch-tape it in a place opposite the camera.

The 8th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon...October 3rd, & 4th ! 30_11

I could tell that the Super Ringmaster was just a bit nose-heavy, but was able to get inverted and back upright OK.

Now, if I could just load the video I crunched from this flight....

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next