Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Cox_ba12

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Empty
Live on Patrol

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in...

Go down

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Empty Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in...

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 pm

72 degrees and 5-10mph variable winds. We put up 20 flights between the 4 of us. Mixed in with flights on other planes .

From left to right: Me, Larry Oakley, Mike Finnagen, Daryl McComb.

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... 4rLtb7c

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Empty Re: Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in...

Post  RknRusty Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Good going, that's a lot of flying. I'm glad y'all could get out today.
I don't expect it to stop raining here tomorrow. About 17 of us are planning to meet in Chester, SC in the morning, but I think we'll hang around in the shop and talk about airplanes and eat some stew. Maybe we can crank a Ringmaster and throw it out the door, Lol... Freeflight!
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Empty Re: Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in...

Post  TDbandit Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 am

Same here bad weather kept me from getting my new S1 airborne. going to try again tomorrow...hopefully. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:02 am

Same with me too...looks like it's gonna be a rerun of last year where, if I get a flight in, it'll be toward the last light of day.

Got it all ready to rock though, so we'll see.

Great job out there in OK land, Ron !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:09 am

Here in the ridges of West Virginia we haven't seen the sun in over a week, not even a shadow. Constant rain and drizzle. I yearn for the Sunshine State of Florida although they have had their share too.

The Carolina's are getting the worst of it over the next couple of days, then it's outa here!!!!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:17 am

Same here Nasty weather !! the winds is pumping out 20-30 gust now 9.09 AM Sunday ,, Yesterday had a few hrs. to do what we (son and I) needed to do ... Go cut a tree down for we have NO fire wood and elect heat will Kill me next month, Got the tree cut down with one saw and that's all it thought it was supost to do so cut it up with the other well some of it then to the splitter it was getting late hit something in the wood and the damn rear tire started blowing out air / water DAMMIT!  got some split and to the house ! Flat ass tire awaiting now it just never ends (maybe I shouldn't have thrown that saw in the woods lol!  ... Been 7 mins. now calm as a cucumber out side real strange weather don't know if can get in the air but we will see .Eric Tired w/ Coffee Read O yeah forgot to put in there we got soaked at the end poured rain !!

Last edited by getback on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got rain?!?!?)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hope you got some Ringmaster flights in... Empty First flights in 22 years!

Post  Forgetful John Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Greetings,

The building was furious!  I had only just completed the Ringmaster on Friday, the 2nd.  Brodak S-1 and B-25 engine, silkspan and dope.  One piece of silkspan wraparound on each wing including the wing tips.  So, off to the Fly-A-Thon we were having at Scobie Field in Houston.  

Since it is poor form to enter a PA contest with a never-flown plane I got up at the crack of dawn, being the second person on the field and I got in two flights prior to the contest.  Unfortunately my 60 foot lines (too long) did not lend towards adequate tension and confidence so I only dared to perform one loop per flight.  

But that was enough to enter the contest on a Beginner's level.  I informed the judges that I would only be doing take-off, one inside loop and landing.  I ended up in third place with a Grand Total of 62 points but I got to take my "trophy" -- my undamaged plane -- home with me at the end of the day!

Did I mention that I had not flown in 22 years?  I was amazed that my left knee did not "blow out", no adverse effects from dizziness and the Brodak 25 ran flawlessly with just a few finger flips to start it.

So now be warned -- I'M BACK Airplane  -- and drinking a beer in my Fly-A-Thon mug that I was awarded.

John Mechura
Forgetful John
Forgetful John
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum