Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION Cox_ba12

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by Admin Today at 10:02 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by akjgardner Today at 5:37 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:45 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by GallopingGhostler Today at 2:34 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 12:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:24 pm

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Today at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION Empty
Live on Patrol

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION

Go down

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION Empty SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION

Post  oldguy Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Anyone here know softwater unit's?It's a GE.It quit putting out softwater so I have done all the obvious cleaned the tank all out checked and cleaned the venturi, checked for blocked or plugged hoses, did a cleaning with suoer iron out.Have checked the recharge system, it goes thru all its process, the unit is using salt but not putting out any softwater.Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks JIm
oldguy
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION Empty Re: SOFTWATER UNIT QUESTION

Post  Marleysky Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Didn't want leave you hanging without soft water, I don't have any experience with them other than watching my friend dump salt into his tank. Without having the model number of your GE. System to look up, my first big guess is that the that the two way or three way valve is not switching from salt/recharge/water back to water delivery mode. If you have the modle number we/ you can look up the mfgr specs or operational manual to see what it is not doing !

Look for info on your modle here:
http://www.geappliances.com/ge/service-and-support/literature.htm?icid=GEARsupportflyout-manuals
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:13 am

We had soft water systems when we lived in Florida, and I had one installed here in our West Virginia house. All were really trouble free. But a couple of months ago it stopped using salt.

I usually dropped 40 pounds in the hopper ever 2-3 weeks. I called the plummer that installed the system and he showed me the "nozzle" that had an obstruction. He cleaned it out, but it took several days for soft water to return to normal.

Maybe you fixed it and it needs a little more time to clear the hard water out of the hot water tank etc. Or you can check that nozzle.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Marleysky wrote:Didn't want leave you hanging without soft water, I don't have any experience with them other than watching my friend dump salt into his tank. Without having the model number of your GE. System to look up, my first big guess is that the that the two way or three way valve is not switching from salt/recharge/water back to water delivery mode. If you have the modle number we/ you can look up the mfgr specs or operational manual to see what it is not doing !

Look for info on your modle here:
http://www.geappliances.com/ge/service-and-support/literature.htm?icid=GEARsupportflyout-manuals

Thanks for that info, but have been all thru that thread and have performed the checks and cleanings.
Thanks again Jim
oldguy
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:05 pm

rsv1cox wrote:We had soft water systems when we lived in Florida, and I had one installed here in our West Virginia house.  All were really trouble free.  But a couple of months ago it stopped using salt.  

I usually dropped 40 pounds in the hopper ever 2-3 weeks.  I called the plummer that installed the system and he showed me the "nozzle" that had an obstruction.  He cleaned it out, but it took several days for soft water to return to normal.

Maybe you fixed it and it needs a little more time to clear the hard water out of the hot water tank etc.  Or you can check that nozzle.

I have checked the nozzle venturi unit and it was clean and clear.I'm thinking you might be right that i just need to give it a few days and see waht happens.The wife said this morning the water felt somewhat better.
Thanks guy's.
Jim
oldguy
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Do you have a way to start a "softening cycle" without resetting the timer. I have an eco water system and it has a button that allows me to "recharge " the system without resetting the timers. I do this several times after giving my system a cleaning/servicing. Good luck with this. My water system has been a constant pain in the ass and the biggest constant expense since I have owned my house.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:52 am

fit90 wrote:Do you have a way to start a "softening cycle" without resetting the timer.  I have an eco water system and it has a button that allows me to "recharge " the system without resetting the timers.  I do this several times after giving my system a cleaning/servicing.  Good luck with this.  My water system has been a constant pain in the ass and the biggest constant expense since I have owned my house.

Yes, most if not all systems have a "regen" regenerate cycle that will recycle the system on demand.

In Florida we had a service that added salt (water softner) and potassium (removes minerals) on a routine basis. The service was very inexpensive and saves the trouble of going to the store, buying salt and doing it yourself. Plus they serviced the system at no charge. There is lots of competition for your business so check out several.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:58 pm

fit90 wrote:Do you have a way to start a "softening cycle" without resetting the timer.  I have an eco water system and it has a button that allows me to "recharge " the system without resetting the timers.  I do this several times after giving my system a cleaning/servicing.  Good luck with this.  My water system has been a constant pain in the ass and the biggest constant expense since I have owned my house.

Yes you can regenerate it anytine you want to.
oldguy
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down