Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree - Page 2 Cox_ba12

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Today at 12:18 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Today at 11:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 10:22 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree - Page 2 Empty Re: I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree

Post  fit90 Sun May 15, 2016 1:53 pm

This is gonna get really expensive for you when you have to add a large room onto your house for all your trophies.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree - Page 2 Empty Re: I finally pulled it off at Triple Tree

Post  RknRusty Sun May 15, 2016 4:55 pm

fit90 wrote:This is gonna get really expensive for you when you have to add a large room onto your house for all your trophies.
I wouldn't mind a room built out of those glass trophies. Then I could hang my Stunt Warriors in it.

I went out this morning and unloaded the car. When I cleaned up the cardinal, I took a sharpie and scrawled "Warrior!" across the wing.

I'm having trouble getting the files off my LG G4 Android phone through the USB cable. I can't get it to shake hands with the PC.
Rusty

EDIT: Got the phone data now with all the Mustang and a couple of good stunt flights.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun May 15, 2016 11:15 pm

...i just read the thread!!! Nice Job! Congrats, you've earned it! lol, now you get to move up to ADAVANCE!!!!!!!!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon May 16, 2016 2:31 am

Way to GET-R-DONE and come home one happy man , very good show ,  cheers  Beer Cheers  cheers  Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 am

Mark Boesen wrote:...i just read the thread!!! Nice Job! Congrats, you've earned it! lol, now you get to move up to ADAVANCE!!!!!!!!
Thanks Mark.
I thought I might be hearing that. Bob Z said it too, but he wasn't there. There are a lot of Intermediates that are better, but they just weren't there to challenge me Saturday. However I have all Summer to work on it, and when October comes, I'll know better and make that decision. The flight in that video looks Intermediate. I've seen some Advanced guys I'm better than, but I just think they jumped too soon. I'll be seeking Derek's thoughts on it too, as well as some of my Advanced friends. I'll be posting a flight video by one of those guys, and it looks pretty impressive.

Hey Eric, you snuck in while I was writing. Thanks man.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Mon May 16, 2016 7:43 am

Nice trophy Rusty. Congrats!
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon May 16, 2016 7:48 am

Congratulations Rusty! Nice trophy, you've come a long way from bashing 1/2 A around in the churchyard by your house.
Thanks for taking us along for the ride! cheers

Last edited by crankbndr on Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

When i was flying i used to wished the was a another class between beginner and Intermediates (maybe call it 'Novice') because the jump from Intermediates to Advance is a really big one and most never move up from there. You right, enjoy the summer and look at going up this fall or next year.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Mon May 16, 2016 9:13 am

Congrats Rusty! Smile Smile Are there any pictures of the scoreboards?
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 am

londke3 wrote:Congrats Rusty!  Smile  Smile  Are there any pictures of the scoreboards?
No, Howard had them on the table in front of him and he was continuously shuffling them the whole time and I never got a shot at it. Last year they were posted like we do at H'ville, but not this time. I didn't get a look at my scoresheets either, but the Barrys were giving way lower numbers than I've ever seen at Huntersville. Some judges bracket skill classes. I don't know if that's what they were doing, but subtract about a hundred points from a Wenzel/Zambelli score sheet, and that's about what we got. The Advanced guys on our same circle were getting scores in the low to mid 400s. It doesn't matter as long as it's consistent, and I think they were. I didn't see any 500s out of the 10 or so Advanced guys. These guys moved with the slightest change in the wind, so we could do stunts anywhere we wanted to from one to the next. I like that a lot. I thanked them for it too.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbo Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Congratulations Rusty. You need to give "Better door than a window" credits to that fellow that parked himself in front of the camera!
kevbo
kevbo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 16, 2016 2:55 pm

kevbo wrote:Congratulations Rusty.   You need to give "Better door than a window" credits to that fellow that parked himself in front of the camera!
lol! That's funny. He's actually the guy I had to beat. He was a nice guy, a recent Polish immigrant, his name is Josef from Florida. I was sweating it watching his second round flight, thinking he was shaving the gap pretty quick. Until the wind blew him out of his clover leaf.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 pm

cheers Clapping Airplane
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 16, 2016 11:18 pm

crankbndr wrote:Congratulations Rusty! Nice trophy, you've come a long way from bashing 1/2 A around in the churchyard by your house.
Thanks Crank, I have sure enjoyed the ride and it's taken me to do things I never knew existed. I still look over at the empty churchyard and think about taking one of the BFS for a spin. I probably will this Summer. The last time was PT-19 Day.

In August 2012 I was flying my bright shiny new BFS at the church when I hit an oak branch. I was outgrowing my airfield. https://youtu.be/NiAl56Z3bb4
And that evening I googled local modeling clubs. The next morning the president of Jackson Flyers invited me out to the Fort, where I put on a 1/2A exhibition for the RC guys. I was the only CL flyer in the club. One of the members insisted I needed to forget silly little 1/2A and try flying a big plane, referring to his old hangar queen Shoestring. I never got to fly it that day because he dropped the handle and bashed it and gave me the remains. That might be the day I maidened the Refried Bean. https://youtu.be/RobymeDXZkc

So the following April, I maidened the repaired SS with a TT .25 from Mark Boesen. That huge .25 was the biggest engine I'd ever seen. A couple of months later I met Wayne, a JFA member who'd flown some competitive CL and he told me about CLPA. I started learning it, and in June I decided to go to some place called Huntersville that coming Fall and try Beginner stunt. Y'all know the rest about how it snowballed and turned my idea of fun flying into a whole 'nother concept.

What a rush. Sorry, I'm just in a story telling mood tonight... my other hobby, writing.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 pm

RknRusty wrote:
crankbndr wrote:Congratulations Rusty! Nice trophy, you've come a long way from bashing 1/2 A around in the churchyard by your house.
I started learning it, and in June I decided to go to some place called Huntersville that coming Fall and try Beginner stunt. Y'all know the rest about how it snowballed and turned my idea of fun flying into a whole 'nother concept.

What a rush. Sorry, I'm just in a story telling mood tonight... my other hobby, writing.
Rusty

...what makes this forum what it is....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue May 17, 2016 8:03 am

Man Rusty.  I went back and looked at that clip of you flying the BFS in the Church yard.  That thing sure had you doing a merry dance.  I guess that since then you've learned not to lean out your engine so much in stunt and give yourself a little extra time.  If you were keeping an eye on your centre marker the tree hit would never have happened.  You had to be 6'-10' off centre.  Lucky it wasn't the other way or the BFS may not have survived a strike of the church- a little less flexible than an oak branch. Laughing
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 17, 2016 8:55 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Man Rusty.  I went back and looked at that clip of you flying the BFS in the Church yard.  That thing sure had you doing a merry dance.  I guess that since then you've learned not to lean out your engine so much in stunt and give yourself a little extra time....
Yeah when I first started reading Stunthangar, I couldn't understand why those guys all wanted to fly slow engines, where's the fun in that. De-tune one to scale back the horsepower, what a herecy! LOl, I had a lot of bad habits to break.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2