Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Cox_ba12

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» B-25 Mitchell
by getback Today at 7:02 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:14 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 2:24 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:52 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Empty
Live on Patrol

Repairs Bits and Pieces

Go down

Thinking Repairs Bits and Pieces

Post  getback Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 am

Well after tring to repair the p51D and knocked the nose right off with a hammer tring to set one of the inserts for the engine Huh... Yes I was supporting it with my hand and was amazed when the rest of the plane hit the floor !?! So the bearers need to go all the way back to the wing (I get it NOW) Epoxied back on with some Glassing to help out , also working on the Ringmaster 1/2A Bipe , got the PT19 down for a new push rod ,Cause I lost the other that I forgot to put on after the first repairs ... Heres my progress (see I am doing something)...  Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bits_a13  Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bits_a10  Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bits_a10  Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bits_a14  https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/18/06/36/59/bits_a11.jpg[/img][/url]  Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bits_a15  getback Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: Repairs Bits and Pieces

Post  NEW222 Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Looking good there. Sucks to have happen what happened, but I know the feeling.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 pm

I like that fire plane.

If you'd build your planes with that inboard tripler extended all the way to the nose, it would and a huge amount of strength and vibration resistance. Does the fire plane have front end doublers?
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Not my plane, nor do I know the design, but after looking at it, I would say no doublers.

The Guesing NEW.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:43 am

RknRusty wrote:I like that fire plane.

If you'd build your planes with that inboard tripler extended all the way to the nose, it would and a huge amount of strength and vibration resistance. Does the fire plane have front end doublers?
Rusty
Eric mentioned Ringmaster Bipe.  I'd say it's one of the laser cut kits Roger Harris did for us.  I grabbed two.  Strange that he has the flames painted on.  Roger actually laser-cut the flames into a ply doubler, which Eric doesn't seem to have used.
Remember this?
Repairs Bits and Pieces  Bipe10
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:04 am

Crap !! No Eric didn't use them for some stupid reason, was liking them as templates for the flames !! I am pretty sure my elevator doesn't go to the top any more Laughing . Maybe I should change my post to DO YOU SEE ANY THING WRONG WITH THIS PLANE, Huh... I got to take a look at the landing gear mount also . I had some trouble deciding witch engine mount to use , decisions are NOT my virtue. I still have the doublers will have to take a look at that and see what I can do I am sure it needs them for the balance C.G. Jumping from one plane to another I guess is not a good idea not to mention I haven't read the directions? Shocked getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:36 am

OK, since you asked. I would like to point out that it is on a bench and not in the air. Shocked
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:49 am

NEW222 wrote:OK, since you asked. I would like to point out that it is on a bench and not in the air. Shocked
lol! lol! lol! I Love This Forum!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:51 am

Eric, the plane you picture is the Beginner's Ringmaster Bipe. It was never intended to be balanced. In stock form the plane is very nose heavy. It's designed around a beginner . Most manufactured designed planes which were built around a integral tanked bee are going to come out nose heavy due to them protruding so far out. If your still in the crashing mode, I would highly recommend to bolt an engine on it and fly it as is. The wing areas are small and the wingspans narrow. Speed is your best friend here. So while the plane will fly with a single ported bee, it will do even better with a dual ported cylinder and no landing gear.

These planes fall like a brick when the engine runs out of fuel. The cart wheel tumble usually breaks the top wing off and breaks the struts off of the fuse and lower wing. The landing gear is partially responsible for the cart wheel. Flying in tall grass and belly flopping can keep the plane intact. Most of the Sterling beginner kits had very poor flying characteristics. The examples that I have built and seen of those kits that did fairly well as far as maneuverability were the Zero, Mustang, Spitfire, P-47. The Ringmaster Bipe is capable of insides outsides even inverted with some greasing . Allow a lot of arm movement and give it a lot of breathing room to recover. The Thunderjet was a turd, the Shoestring has the flying characteristics of a shoebox. The p-47 minus the gear was actually in my opinion the best flying of the series. It taught me inverted flying.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:11 am

getback wrote:Crap !! No Eric didn't use them for some stupid reason, was liking them as templates for the flames !! I am pretty sure my elevator doesn't go to the top any more Laughing . Maybe I should change my post to DO YOU SEE ANY THING WRONG WITH THIS PLANE, Huh... I got to take a look at the landing gear mount also . I had some trouble deciding witch engine mount to use , decisions are NOT my virtue. I still have the doublers will have to take a look at that and see what I can do I am sure it needs them for the balance C.G. Jumping from one plane to another I guess is not a good idea not to mention I haven't read the directions? Shocked getback

Hey man.. Looking good there! Don't beat yourself up.. Like you said; "You are doing something".. which is a lot more than I'm doing. I love color-scheme on the bipe (love the painted flames!) and am envious of your stitched-hinges! Very nice!

Omitting those nose-doublers might prove to help balance the model better. As for landing gear.. Like Ken mentioned.. don't use any. OTOH.. if you want to have R.O.G. take-offs, and/or the plane finishes-out tail-heavy.. you can always go with a simple inverted-V m/w gear between the firewall and your reed-engine's back-plate. That arrangement places the gear as far forward as possible.. with the least chance of "cart-wheeling" on landing.

I used this type of gear on my little self-designed bipe. I used to tow streamers and mylar "Happy Birthday" banners with this little model. Talk about fun times! I think it actually helped to slow it down a little.. with even less a tendency to nose-over on landing.

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Rog_cu12

The metal spoke wheels are 2" dia. and came with a 1/2" long axle-tube. I found them at a craft store. They're very lightweight and thin. I made the cone-shaped hubcaps from card-stock.

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Dsc03321
Repairs Bits and Pieces  Dsc03322

Old craft stores (if you can find them..) are great places to find wheels for small models.

I picked these wooden wheels up locally a few years ago.. for pennies..

Repairs Bits and Pieces  Dsc02511

Keep up the good work Eric!

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down