Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Cox_ba12

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by robot797 Today at 10:36 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:29 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by rdw777 Today at 9:55 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Today at 9:49 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by rsv1cox Today at 9:39 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty
Live on Patrol

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon..

Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon..

Post  roddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Advent model 400 table radio (mono-circa 1970's) connected to a laptop via 1/8" stereo male cable (into the laptop's headphone jack) terminating to L/R RCA males.. into a mono-splitter cable.. back into the Advent's single RCA Aux. input.

Speaker is a single small 8ohm bookshelf unit.. matching the output resistance of the Advent's amplifier. Simple! Connect/match a single speaker cabinet's polarity - to - and + to + ... and enjoy some simple monaural tunes!

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Deck-p10
Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Deck-p11

I was the DJ this afternoon.. and played an eclectic mix for Lynne while she floated around in the pool! Some "Janis Joplin" (Big Brother and the Holding Co.).. some Linda Ronstadt.. some Fleetwood Mac.. and some "Burton Cummings"... who she'll be seeing "in concert" with my mom.. for my mom's b-day.. (I have a gig that day.. Mad ) at the Stadium theater in Woonsocket, RI. If you're a "Guess Who" fan.. Burton Cummings is simply AMAZING!!!

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Lynne-10

Lynne sings quite well... (that's how we met.. Karaoke..) and we will be gearing-up to perform.. hopefully soon. She's a "Blues singer".. and can sing the $#it out of anything that she feels! We'll be a force to be reckoned with.. once we get our $#it together...
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty Re: Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon..

Post  getback Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:47 am

Nice looking set up for an afternoon of relaxing ! we use to have a pool and last time I got it out after a missed yr or two the rodents had gotten to it and used it for nesting LOL . That's sounds like a great line up of Oldie Goldie's , I seen the Guess Who in the 70s and they were Fantastic that was there last tour together , didn't know Burton was still out there doing it ? Hope you and Lynne can get your stuff together and make it happen Ya'll make a good team . This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty Pool closing today

Post  roddie Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Here's a Roddie-tip for help installing a pool-cover to a round above-ground pool at closing.

#1. Find a pool-girl. This is my wife Lynne.. She's my pool-girl!

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03610

survey area.. and clear obstructions such as fire-pit bowls..  

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03523

Lay the cover out flat, top-side up and thread the cable through the covers' eyelet-grommets if not already done..

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03611
Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03612

Now comes the ingenious Roddie part of the operation. Laughing Obtain 3 weights.. that can be hooked to the covers' grommets.. spaced equidistant half-way around. I use three 5-gal pails with coat-hanger wire hooks around the handles.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03524
Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03613

:lol!:This may look stupid.. but it works great!

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03614

Pretty-much self-explanatory. The cover won't fall in when it's being pulled-across the top of the pool.. and it's self-centering too. Carabiners for attachment would be nice if I had them. Maybe next year!

The pump's electrical-ground/bonding-post repair that I made last Spring, held-up well.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03615

Lynne bought a "Pentair" Kreepy Krawly E-Z VAC (tm) this year. Guess who had to set it up... What? It's water-powered.. and its hose connects to a fitting that you install in the skimmer-bowl. It traverses the entire pool liner.. including climbing the walls.. in 6-8 hours. This is providing that certain stars line-up.. and the moon is in Saturn. Otherwise it misses areas.. even if it's left to run all day..  Laughing

Seriously though.. it's quite a sophisticated POS. The pools' water return hose is directed through a fitting in the pool-wall with an adjustable "eyeball-diverter" on the inside that swivels. It's a standard means of controlling the rate of circulation. This can alter the vac's cleaning-path if/when it's connecting-hose passes near the water-stream, causing the vac to miss some areas. So... Mad  I had to install a "special" eyeball-diverter; included in the kit.. which diverts the flow 90 degrees minimum.. and more if swiveled. Aiming it "down" proved to be the least invasive to this marvel of engineering's automatic-operation. This is after hours of F*&#ing with different eyeball-diverter angles.. Oh and one more thing.. the ladder impeded its operation too, and needed to be removed. Something you don't want to do every time you vac the pool.

I'm glad it's over for this year. It was a high-maint. season with the Gypsy/Winter-moth caterpillar infestation that this area saw this Summer. It was terrible. You could hear them eating the leaves at night when it was quiet. Many deciduous tree varieties as well as conifers were attacked. Strange to see that happen to conifers.. but it looked like Winter seeing the Oaks and many other leaf-bearing trees eaten bare. The streets were covered with caterpillar dung.. where tree branches overhung. The moths were so bad for a few days.. you literally had to cover your mouth when outdoors.. to avoid breathing them in.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty Re: Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon..

Post  Marleysky Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Roddie, I didn't hear any music or singing during in installation of the winter cover on the pool? Ya got dem oh it's gonna get cold again, blues? Brrr, not looking forward to winter.
Nice job with the 5gal buckets., that was my job with my brother in laws pool, till their kids got old enough to help out. It was a small price to pay for pool privileges during the heat of summer.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 am

Marleysky wrote:Roddie, I didn't hear any music or singing during in installation of the winter cover on the pool? Ya got dem oh it's gonna get cold again, blues?  Brrr, not looking forward to winter.
Nice job with the 5gal buckets., that was my job with my brother in laws pool, till their kids got old enough to help out. It was a small price to pay for pool privileges during the heat of summer.

lol! I got dem' "oh.. it's gonna get cold again.." blues Man! lol! That's what we get here in New England! It's silly.. A few night's ago.. it got down to 34F.. Today was 78F. Forecast is for mid-80's peak-daytime over the next 48 hrs. Being New England.. there will be rain.. and it usually occurs when temps drop and the pressure rises. Can mess with the inner-ear.. and suddenly feel freakin' COLD! I think it's the barometric-pressure variations that mess with us. This region sees it all; four distinct "New England-style" seasons..

Shocked Shocked I need to run the snow-thrower.. and make sure it runs right.. Laughing

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty A little update..

Post  roddie Mon May 29, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm bumping this thread rather than starting another. I don't think I told this story.. We closed the pool last October.. and all was good. We've used a pool-cover pump in the off-season.. since having this pool. It's automatic.. and sits atop the cover in the center. Its purpose is to pump rainwater off the cover. It's freeze-protected.. has a sensor/float.. a power-cord and a garden-hose connection. Simple to install. Well.. it started to malfunction during the 2015/2016 season of use.. so we bought a new one last year. We bought a different brand.. a "Wayne" cover-pump, rated at "up to" 3000gal./hr... Wow! I installed it and washed my hands of "pool-boy" duty until Spring of 2017.. or so I thought...  Shocked

We got a lot of snow here in Rhode Island last Winter. February 9th saw a blizzard of over a foot of snow.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. 2-9-1710
Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. 16649510

On the morning of Feb. 11th.. I woke up before my wife Lynne.. and sauntered into the kitchen where the swimming-pool is clearly visible through the sliding doors leading out to the deck.. and notice that the pool-cover has fallen into the pool..  Shocked  and I don't see any water..  Shocked  Shocked

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03811

Now.. I'm really reluctant to tell Lynne.. because this swimming-pool is her sanctuary.. her paradise.. her "everything". (seriously..) so I already know that as "pool-boy"..  I'm screwed. She freaks when I show her what happened. There's 18+ inches of snow.. and I go outside to further-assess the situation.

The grommets had torn-out of the cover.. and were dangling from the cable which did not break.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03812

The cover-pump had emptied the pool in probably less than two hours after the cover fell in.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03813

So.. I was faced with refilling the pool with "some" water.. after much discussion. This sucked.. because I hadn't drained the garden-hoses that Fall. They were coiled/frozen outside..  and stiff. Mad Mad Mad

So.. I bring them inside and run the bathroom shower to thaw them out..

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03814

You know what comes next.. turn-on the outside water in the basement.. bring the thawed garden-hoses back outside in the freezing weather.. and put water back in the pool.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03815
Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc03816

You simply can't make this stuff up..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Empty fast-forward from February's antics..

Post  roddie Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Lynne's pool has been looking good.. despite the caterpillar infestation that we saw last May/June..

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Dsc04337

She's currently vacuuming it.. and listening to Pandora (John Meyer genre/mix) through an iHome Bluetooth-capable unit that I got as a Christmas-gift from work.

Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon.. Pool-m10

The red bowl is my "redneck excursion-cone" and is aimed toward the pool. You can do the same thing by placing just your mobile-phone in a small bowl on a low table or on the floor. The speaker should face "into" the bowl.. but not be blocked. You'd be surprised at how much better you can hear it.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down