Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Cox_ba12

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Empty
Live on Patrol

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler

Go down

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Empty A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler

Post  Kim Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 am

Sorry for the duplicate post....maybe on of the admins can delete one...

So, 'my other cousin Bob' (the namesake of the 'Bob Tree') and his son, Steve, traveled down for a Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, precisely coordinating their arrival with that of some sustained, gusty winds.

Steve is a serious R/C pattern competitor (and not to be confused with the 'Steve Strickers' of golfing and fishing fame), but also enjoys backing off, and just playing some of his electric fleet around the sky.

Bob has been flying R/C since the 1960's, also competing back then, but now sport flying and running a small R/C business, buying and selling equipment and kits.

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 2_14

We braved the gusty winds, though they were a lot 'braver' than me with their quick-reacting pattern and 3-D planes.  I got Big Red around the field several times in spite of some wing-tapping, crossways takeoffs as the winds blasted over our vehicles and the big hangar, cranking out some impressive rotors.

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 9_011

Steve also brought along his electric ducted-fan 'Stinger 90', which easily handled the winds.

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 8_010

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 8_0110

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 8_2210

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 8_112

Bob seemed to fly only when I put the camera down, so I don't have much coverage of his adventures...though I REALLY should have snapped a few of him searching the bean fields for the canopy of his 3-D, flung from his plane at altitude.  Amazing he found it AND the failed piece of ply that turned it loose....

Bob brought me this Charlie Bauer-built Nobler, and really wanted to see it fly, so we ran some fuel through it to clear out the goop (which was deposited down the underside of the fuse).  It's Super Tigre .40 drove the big stunter through the wind like a rocket, making me wish I'd Cowboy'd Up and hung it on 70 footers rather than playing it safe with my Ringmaster's 60 foot cables.

The engine was still a relative unknown, so the two flights were pretty tame, with just a couple big loops on the second run, and me feeling my heartbeat in my wimpy arm by the time it ran out of fuel.  Next time out, it'll be on 70's, and I'll better get to know the big dog.

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 00_211

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 00_010

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 00_110

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 00_511

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 1_14

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 3_13

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 4_12

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 5_12

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 6_13

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 6_2a10

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler 6_1a10

Can't wait to spring the Nobler on my new-found control line buds up on Breezy Hill!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Empty Re: A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler

Post  fredvon4 Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:47 am

I am starting to think I really like "down the lines" POV vids and photos

great report and what a fun time ....it looks and sound like!

WX here has had me abort flying all last week.....grrrr..... and today was the same... I will not fly over 15MPH winds or gusty crap...too much carnage at my skill level

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler Empty Re: A Stricker Model Airplane Weekend, Gusty Winds, and an 'Out of the Blue' Nobler

Post  Kim Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:56 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I am starting to think I really like "down the lines" POV vids and photos

great report and what a fun time ....it looks and sound like!

WX here has had me abort flying all last week.....grrrr..... and today was the same... I will not fly over 15MPH winds or gusty crap...too much carnage at my skill level

Thanks Fred, we did have good time, though my Uncle Wayne wasn't feeling up to it and chose to stay home.

Yeah, I simply don't enjoy flying in much wind, though a lot of guys seem to have no problem with it.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down