Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Help with a web search please Cox_ba12

Help with a web search please Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Help with a web search please Empty
Live on Patrol

Help with a web search please

Go down

Help! Help with a web search please

Post  fredvon4 Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:05 am

I am trying to find a wired (USB) OR wireless (BlueTooth) camera.... maybe tripod...maybe with built in lights... or all inclusive system

Intended to focus on something like the small print on a bottle ...or close up of a small engine part----and send the image to my Large computer screen like we have seen in several movies like the Bone Collector or Shooter

Basically a camera based magnifying glass....in real time

I know how to take a photo..transfer, then view...not the solution I seek

I have tried half a dozen searches and don't find what I am after

My Shop computer is mid range 16" Toshiba Win 10 laptop with nice 30" secondary monitor set up in two screen view

I am usually very successful with Google searches but this one, for a product I know must exist, eludes me
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: Help with a web search please

Post  roddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:36 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I am trying to find a wired (USB) OR wireless (BlueTooth) camera.... maybe tripod...maybe with built in lights... or all inclusive system

Intended to focus on something like the small print on a bottle ...or close up of a small engine part----and send the image to my Large computer screen like we have seen in several movies like the Bone Collector or Shooter

Basically a camera based magnifying glass....in real time

I know how to take a photo..transfer, then view...not the solution I seek

I have tried half a dozen searches and don't find what I am after

My Shop computer is mid range 16" Toshiba Win 10 laptop with nice 30" secondary monitor set up in two screen view

I am usually very successful with Google searches but this one, for a product I know must exist, eludes me

Phred, your phone-cam (assuming you have one..) should have a "macro" setting.

Look for this symbol in the cam-settings menu.

Help with a web search please Macro_10

This should do the "wireless" job.. without having to buy anything. As far as "wired" goes.. most purpose-cams have a standardized USB connection.. and come with a cable for connecting to your USB port.

When you say "real-time", I don't understand what you mean; where you're capturing stills.. (images.. as opposed to vids). To me; real-time means transferring/streaming of audio/video files to a receiving-source. Our guitar-players wife uses her phone to broadcast gigs "live" to Facebook.

It took me a while to find out that my old Sony "Mavica CD-250" has a Macro-setting. It's a dinosaur 2.0mp camera.. but shoots nice close-up images. More modern cams in general; phone or purpose, employ image-stabilization technology too. Probably standard now.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:47 pm

I think I know what you're after. You need a cam with an HDMI interface.. cable and HDMI receiving/decoding source. I'll bet that your laptop has an HDMI interface.. same as your television. My old camera has a vid-out jack and a cable with "yellow" RCA male plug for connecting to older TV's RCA audio/video "in" connections.

I'm sure that you'll find what you need. I'd do a search.. but I'm short on time (gig tonight..) I'll check-back to see if have any luck.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Do you mean something like this?
https://www.simplywholesale.com.au/products/usb-digital-microscope?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=16357346561&gclid=COzDlIGj788CFYWivQode9YBJA
Search "USB Digital Microscope".  That should find you what you're looking for. Thumbs Up
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:23 pm

crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am

I found and ordered this: Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus High-Definition USB Document Camera

https://www.ipevo.com/prods/Ziggi-HD_Plus_USB_Document_Camera

All my searches kept leading me to the microscope type solutions

With a document Cam, I can place instructions on the big screen zoom in a bit and read from across the room

Or video capture smaller detail work and grab still shots for a "How I do It" photo posting

My cell cam sux for this

I do not have the bandwidth o play in the video You-Tube world

Thanks for the suggestions
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am

That looks and sounds Cool , i was wondering what the reasoning was for what you where after, you have skills that we would all enjoy learning , i would like to know how people are getting pics (stop frame) to post from there youtube videos Pumpkin
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 am

Initially for the shop I was/am still using hand held magnifying glass or loupe to see close detail or read side of tube/can instructions... but I need real good lighting to see the print

Wife got me one of the better large illuminated articulating magnifiers and it works OK but fixed to a bench edge (clamp on)

Recently watched Mark Wahlberg version of SHOOTER and saw the old guy read from a book on a BIG screen and remembered the Denzel movie The Bone Collector with same method to look at crime scene photos

and I totally forgot my days as a podium instructor for the Army, where we used the old "OverHead Projector" a bottom illuminated bed with overhead 90 degree lens that would project, onto a wall/ screen, the clear acetate page with grease pencil writing or drawings

I know for school room teaching the bottom lit ones changed to top lit, so no more need for the clear acetate sheets and now can place a BOOK/printed sheet, or any solid object and project...I never used one

I was certain (my experience was a full 25 years ago) the we now use the cheap web cams to do this presentation and video conferencing work (when not using the built in Laptop cam)

And Yes Virginia, later in the Army, with computers and MS Powerpoint, I did create and Present hundreds of hours of briefings using a computer and Overhead (ceiling mount) or rear (behind screen) projector

"Death By PowerPoint" was a frequent mantra heading to the conference room

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:11 am

That looks and sounds Cool , i was wondering what the reasoning was for what you where after, you have skills that we would all enjoy learning , i would like to know how people are getting pics (stop frame) to post from there youtube videos Pumpkin
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:36 am

getback wrote:That looks and sounds Cool , i was wondering what the reasoning was for what you where after, you have skills that we would all enjoy learning , i would like to know how people are getting pics (stop frame) to post from there youtube videos Pumpkin

Yes, and congrats Phred, on finding what you needed! Eric, Regarding frame-captures from video; this can be done on a computer.. even if it has basic video-editing software. I've never tried it though. I have "Movie Maker" which came with Windows 8 on my laptop. It has a snapshot feature.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down