Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! Cox_ba12

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

To The Future !!!!!!!!!!

Go down

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! Empty To The Future !!!!!!!!!!

Post  Kim Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 am

So, our local carrier has just run a fiber optic past my house here on the hill, and I may be getting a bit closer to the 20th Century with faster internet service than my phone's hot spot. The only reason for this post is to tell Rusty that I MIGHT eventually be able to attend his forum with more than typed comments!!!

To The Future!!!!

Dragged Kicking and Screaming Kim

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! The_ro11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

To The Future !!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: To The Future !!!!!!!!!!

Post  Marleysky Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:34 pm

YIPPEE!  That would be fantastic!  

I certainly hope they don’t play the old At&t “node” game on you.  Yes, the cable is on your street, but you have to be near a “node” to be hooked up to the Internet, and your too far from the “node” to get service.
Computer Issues
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Man, I hope I can avoid that!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Kim wrote:...The only reason for this post is to tell Rusty that I MIGHT eventually be able to attend his forum with more than typed comments!!!

To The Future!!!!

Maybe even the 21st century! I hope you do get wired, Kim, we'll leave a light on for you.
Thanks for letting me know. We need some new blood in the mix, we're beginning to repeat too many of our stories, Lol.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 pm

RknRusty wrote:
Kim wrote:...The only reason for this post is to tell Rusty that I MIGHT eventually be able to attend his forum with more than typed comments!!!

To The Future!!!!

Maybe even the 21st century! I hope you do get wired, Kim, we'll leave a light on for you.
Thanks for letting me know. We need some new blood in the mix, we're beginning to repeat too many of our stories, Lol.
Rusty

Thanks Man! I'll start making up some new ones !!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 am

Ha!! The node thing hey?? Local provider (or contractor) dig up our nature strip, laid fibre optic lines, stuck an ugly tin box (the node) right outside our place, turned off our copper wire connection and then messed us around for weeks trying to get the phone to work properly. Turns out they damaged a cable which allowed water to get into the line. First guy came along and said "Don't know. Not my problem". After call after call they finally sent out someone who cared. Put all new cables through the street, "just to be safe". Helpful and friendly for once.
Plus, my "Lightning Fast" (promised) broadband fibre-to-the-node connection is now heaps slower than my previous ADSL2 connection through the copper wires, which was only marginally faster than my old dial-up connection.

For your sake Kim, I hope your techs know what they're doing better than out local guys.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:04 am

Well, we shall see.

They're having a meeting the end of this month to explain everything. Since I'm a long-time renter and don't own this house, it'll mostly be a call for my landlady, but if I can get a locked-down number I may got for it. I'm pretty sure that she will go for having an outlet installed for the purpose of the property's rental value, and in case she has to search for a new tenant should I be hit by a cement truck or if one of my various pursuits does me in.

I had a similar experience (service-wise) with AT&T on trying to fix the severe static in my land line. Each rep I called told me that I needed a new phone in the house. Bought one, with NO improvement, and FINALLY got an honest tech who told me that water was getting into a low-laying line down the road that will need some excavating to fix.

I'm on the verge of ditching the land line altogether, but haven't decided ...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:57 am

that sounds Great i hope they can get it right the first time for you old tin man Football Play
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 am

This reminded me of the early dial up service, beep,donk, sheezz,boink,boink,tweet,ooonnnkkk and bingo I was in AOL. I forget what the local bell charged for service but it was a lot.
DSL from the bell was an improvement but not much and still no wifi. When I went to cable internet the speed was astounding, pages load instantly. WOW You will enjoy the speed, it
makes browsing far better. I don't need the top tier speed cause I don't stream or download much video. Dealing with ATT or cable is a royal PITA, I would rather get a root canal!!!
But they are quick to tell you how great they are. Computer Issues
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am

crankbndr wrote:This reminded me of the early dial up service, beep,donk, sheezz,boink,boink,tweet,ooonnnkkk and bingo I was in AOL. I forget what the local bell charged for service but it was a lot.
DSL from the bell was an improvement but not much and still no wifi. When I went to cable internet the speed was astounding, pages load instantly. WOW You will enjoy the speed, it
makes browsing far better. I don't need the top tier speed cause I don't stream or download much video. Dealing with ATT or cable is a royal PITA, I would rather get a root canal!!!
But they are quick to tell you how great they are. Computer Issues

Yeah, I rode our local dial-up service right into the ground...to the point that they finally notified me that they were terminating service and sent me a pro-rated refund!

I caught lots of crap for still being on dial-up...even to the point that a girl at the airport asked me to record it's start-up tones so she could reminisce about her childhood! But it worked for me at the time because it was cheap ($100/year), and I could still E-Mail and browse my forums, though it sometimes took a bit of patience. For videos and other faster stuff, the local restaurant had given me their password, and the airport has public wifi.

Also, the harassment didn't bother me too much because these same techno-wizards constantly griped about their debt and lack of money, while I can pretty much do whatever comes to mind. At one time, I attempted to suggest ways they might stop hemorrhaging money, but these days, I keep to myself, and politely sympathize with their whining...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 am

Part of what we put up with Kim, living out in the sticks.

Back when I lived in the world, community living in Florida with actual neighbors we enjoyed all the perks. Now, everything is day to day. Internet, electricity, phone. I'll take it for the peace and quiet.

Don't give up your land line. I couldn't live without mine. There is something to holding an actual telephone in your hand, rather than a dinky little flat or semi flat thing that people follow while stumbling into holes and various objects.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:49 am

rsv1cox wrote:Part of what we put up with Kim, living out in the sticks.  

Back when I lived in the world, community living in Florida with actual neighbors we enjoyed all the perks.  Now, everything is day to day. Internet, electricity, phone.  I'll take it for the peace and quiet.  

Don't give up your land line.  I couldn't live without mine.  There is something to holding an actual telephone in your hand, rather than a dinky little flat or semi flat thing that people follow while stumbling into holes and various objects.  

Bob

Totally agree on the phone Bob!  Maybe once they get the quality fixed, I'll have a change of heart.  Right now though, it's mostly serving as a scratchy conduit for NRA's "preaching to the choir" pleas for more money or sign-ups for life-time memberships, along with strangers who are urgently concerned for me, and wanting to help me make Medicare decisions!

They are apparently getting tired of my answering machine since the numbers of messages have gradually decreased over the past months.

On the subject of liking to hold a "Real" phone, I REALLY got laughed at when I wondered aloud at having my 1990's "Bag Phone" activated for use in my van or camper.  It's got a full-size handset with lighted numbers, and I truly miss using it!

Last edited by Kim on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am

Yeah i get a lot of people ? calling wanting to help me spend my hard earned cash , and speaking of cell phns, just got a Moto E5 play and its got crap on it that you cant or me and my Tech friend cant get rid of he was working on it last night and it started its regular stuff with Pop ups Adds !! You can be typing a mail to someone and then have to delete PoPem Ups ... Very annoying Mad Heck i got a free Dell optiplex 990 That i purchased and after just enough time for me to get some stuff on it and Passwords changed It puked he wanted me to send it back and he would fix NO NO i have stuff on here and dont trust No one anyway got a refund and still had it , after i went to goodwill and bought another unit all the bells for 170 ,, My friend fix the other for 20$ so i gave the other to my son . Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down