Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Cox_ba12

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by akjgardner Today at 5:37 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:45 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by GallopingGhostler Today at 2:34 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 12:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:24 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by duaneh Today at 11:48 am

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Today at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Happy Here is my Krylon Fusion paint

Post  happydad Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:37 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Now I'm confused.

I look up Coroplast and I get this:

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Coropl10

Which is why I was concerned about how you were going to treat the open edges.  What you show looks more like the White Board that I got from Hobby Lobby and used on my Jim Walker Firebaby reproduction which has a tight foam core that is not affected by the Krylon paints that I use.

Maybe Coroplast is a generic term?

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 P1010455

rsv1cox:  here is a picture of my Krylon Fusion paint. Now I see the missing words, "FOR PLASTICS".

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_1719
My Krylon Fusion paint, minus FOR PLASTICS

nice color though. They didn't even know that Krylon Fusion existed at LOWES. NEVER heard of it. But here is my can. Great paint department.

Maybe I should try the other guys or maybe W like I suggested in the first place. But oh it is not in store, you must order online and have it delivered. Thanks COVID.

unhappydad RC Plane    Jeep    Old BuggerUnited States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Even if you get the one for plastics, it will eat the foam. The design of the plane is made for using Coloplast, which is as mentioned the same material that election signs are made of, not foamboard as you have used. To paint foamboard, you can use craft paints sprayed or brushed on while mixed with water.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanks for the info

Post  happydad Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:52 pm

NEW222 wrote:Even if you get the one for plastics, it will eat the foam. The design of the plane is made for using Coloplast, which is as mentioned the same material that election signs are made of, not foamboard as you have used. To paint foamboard, you can use craft paints sprayed or brushed on while mixed with water.

NEW222:   Thanks for the info. I have plenty of spare board to experiment on. I will update as I try different techniques.

Happydad  RC Plane Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Or another thing you can do is cover the plane with packing tape, scuff it up with a scuff pad and paint as well. Just another option.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: PT-19 coroplast build

Post  happydad Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 am

Well, again it has been a while since I have made any progress on the PT-19 made with posterboard. I have been experimenting with different things on the edges of the posterboard when I try to paint. I tried 5 minute epoxy and it worked pretty well, but added weight. Then someone, short term memory loss again, suggested thinned white glue. So here are some results.

Back soon on the MacBook.

>>>>>edited 9-15-2020 at 10:55p.m. PST
 RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_2110
light diluted white glue on edges

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_2111
diluted white glue on edges,  slight distortion ?? may be due to saw

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_2114
diluted white glue 2X white paint

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_2113
diluted white glue 2X white paint edges look good

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE - Page 3 Img_2112
diluted white glue 2X. white paint edges look great.

i like the look of the paint and the edges using the diluted white glue. the fuselage is next. The wing was painted tonight, but the spray tip leaked leaked over my hand and spit paint blobs on the wig, so i can't wait to see how the white wing looks.

>>>>>>>. edit complete

Happydad.   RC Plane Jeep               Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3