Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Cox_ba12

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Empty
Live on Patrol

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Happy RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Post  happydad Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Levent and I have decided to start a new thread-post as we venture to build a coroplast PT-19. Lavent has done most of the hard work as I have been tied up with different items like a wireless printer that keeps going to sleep. That makes it hard to print.

So here are the plans for the start of a maybe dual coroplast build of the PT-19. maybe a Canadian Red and a traditional Blue and Yellow. I think Lavent was favoring the Red Canadian version, but I will let him speak to that.

tada.
 RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Pt19-f10
PT-19 full size plan with decals.

THANK YOU.   cheers  Clapping  Clapping  Clapping   Lavent.

happydad  RC Plane Old Bugger      United States  Hand Shake Turkey
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 pm

While searching Cox PT 19 I found that thread:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t6227-the-infamous-cox-pt-19-control-line-trainer

I didn't know that PT 19 made by Cox in all red with Canadian insignia. It is interesting one and very rare. I also didn't know other variants other than blue fuselage with yellow wings. Still learning the Cox models. Smile

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Kgrhqz10
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE

Post  944_Jim Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Good for you two! I'm subscribed. I always thought it would be neat to use the patterns and outlines to build from balsa vs coroplast. But only because balsa glues better than the coroplast does.

I look forward towards a "twosies" build log, and managed to do a build thread parallel to RSV Bob's BHM Mosquito. His is still alive...mine isn't. He and I have talked off forum regarding doing our BHM Electras at the same time,.but life separates our schedules as much as distance does.

Good luck with the builds!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Feel free to use balsa

Post  happydad Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm

944_Jim wrote:Good for you two! I'm subscribed. I always thought it would be neat to use the patterns and outlines to build from balsa vs coroplast. But only because balsa glues better than the coroplast does.

I look forward towards a "twosies" build log, and managed to do a build thread parallel to RSV Bob's BHM Mosquito. His is still alive...mine isn't. He and I have talked off forum regarding doing our BHM Electras at the same time,.but life separates our schedules as much as distance does.

Good luck with the builds!

944_Jim:  feel free to use balsa or whatever you choose. Remember in my picture of the 3 sheets of “Coroplast” there were 2 sheets of 4inches wide 3/32inch x 3foot balsa next to the Coroplast.  The LHS was out of 4inches wide 1/8inch thick balsa and I didn’t think 3inch wide would meet my needs if I chose to use balsa. Besides I always like to make templates and plywood is extremely expensive now and my supply is short. I may have to McGyver some ply to finish my .020 All Star BiPlane.

Happydad RC Plane Old Bugger    United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:21 pm

I like this idea and will follow it closely.  However, I'm kind of built out at the moment and have just got several model locomotives in that need attention.  But if allowed  I will probably join in at a later date.  I used Hobby Lobby's "White Board" for one of my Jim Walters that was easy to work with too.  I believe that it's quite similar to coroplast.

PS..........My mosquito is only alive because I'm to chicken to fly it or even let my son try it even though it is a poor cousin to Jim's nicely rendered example.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:37 pm

HD,
Balsa is in such short supply here that I buy whatever Hobby Lobby has at a reduced cost due to cracks, splits, and critter damage! So this will limit my scratch building for a while. No crying on my behalf, please...the hanger is full of unbuilt kits, and a couple of partials. It is one of the reasons I was so fast to give one away. Speaking of which, I have to go finish that BRM!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm

944_Jim wrote:HD,
Balsa is in such short supply here that I buy whatever Hobby Lobby has at a reduced cost due to cracks, splits, and critter damage! So this will limit my scratch building for a while. No crying on my behalf, please...the hanger is full of unbuilt kits, and a couple of partials. It is one of the reasons I was so fast to give one away. Speaking of which, I have to go finish that BRM!

Jim: try the $ store or 99c store and look for the drawing isle. I found what looked like poster board, but has a thin colored paper over one side. underneath was the white shiny stuff that looks like Coroplast, a dense closed cell plastic. I still have to cut it. I am using an iMac now and hope to print Levent's fullsize plan soon. Another computer and another printer.

I think I can, I think I can.

happydad  RC Plane Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Funny this came up, as I have a coroplast PT-19 that I had built a couple years ago, but has yet to be flown... My bad, I know, but have just not done much, if any flying control line. Just running engines. Anyways, here is mine.
 RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Pt-19_10

And my Cox PT-19 Arctic Trainer...
 RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE 59868811
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Mine was also built with the same plans that I had gotten from Keith Morgan himself back a few years ago...
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: PT-19 coroplast build

Post  happydad Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:20 am

So after much help from Lavent, thanks Turkey , and a little paper cutting to make my 11 x 17inch paper into A4  8 1/4 x 11 3/4inch paper I was able to print the 6 pages he sent to me to make a FULL SIZE drawing of the Coroplast PT-19. And below see the results of one piece of 20 x 30inch poster board, plastic, Coroplast or whatever it is called, but it only cost $1.29 for each sheet.
  I got 2 of each plastic parts from 1 sheet of the Coroplast. see below:

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Img_1629
PT-19 parts outlined on 1 sheet of Coroplast?  2 of each plastic part.

Thanks to the original creator, Keith R. Morgan, 2014.

PROGRESS finally..

happydad   RC Plane Old Bugger    Turkey  Hand Shake  United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceberg Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:29 am

NEW222 wrote:Funny this came up, as I have a coroplast PT-19 that I had built a couple years ago, but has yet to be flown... My bad, I know, but have just not done much, if any flying control line. Just running engines. Anyways, here is mine.
 RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Pt-19_10

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE 59868811

My first plane ever was the Arctic Trainer in 1974. Flew about 50 times until it was a pile of broken parts. Awesome!! The Coroplast plane will fly tremendous because so light. Do you have the complete plans with measurements? I'd like to make that plane.
Thanks
Iceberg
Iceberg
Iceberg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Happy PM me

Post  happydad Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:09 am

Iceberg wrote:
NEW222 wrote:Funny this came up, as I have a coroplast PT-19 that I had built a couple years ago, but has yet to be flown... My bad, I know, but have just not done much, if any flying control line. Just running engines. Anyways, here is mine.

My first plane ever was the Arctic Trainer in 1974. Flew about 50 times until it was a pile of broken parts. Awesome!! The Coroplast plane will fly tremendous because so light. Do you have the complete plans with measurements? I'd like to make that plane.
Thanks
Iceberg

Iceberg: PM me for details. I am sure it is o.k with Lavent. Unless he emails me, he wont, and if you are interested in a set of plastic, PM me. easy to carry.

I know back in 2012 or 2014 or 2014 we , the forum, agreed to making multiple copies of a plan, or a pile of plastic at cost and mailing it to forum only members was o.k. then, but i will contact Admin to see if it is still o.k. now. I am going to cut the parts with my scroll saw and last time I cut 4 sets of balsa at once, same effort, i will try 2 sets the first time I can cut the material. The plastic may melt and gum up the blade, but ya gotta try to fail. Maybe Monday after my trip to the doc for Migraine shots. They are first.
I have 4 sheets of this plastic, I am told CA glue works, but sets slowly, so some sort of clamps will be needed, I have some. HFT to the rescue. Both for the clamps and the scroll saw. 22inch jaws. 1 day at a time.

p.s. I am also told if you want to paint the plastic you need to use a min wax product to seal the plastic before painting. Someone here recommended another product I will have to look up again.

happydad. RC Plane RC Plane Old Bugger  Canada  Hand Shake  United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:02 am

I can send complete full size plan sheet if any member want. Send your e-mail with pm. I also can send A4 tiled plans in zip file including decals.

Thanks Keith Morgan for PT19 plan. Very Happy United States Turkey
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:08 am

Hi Iceberg, the wingspan is 22.25 ins.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:46 am

Gentlemen,

Please go to the below site where you can find the original PDF decal sheet, instructions, and a link to a YouTube video.
Find the plans section 3/4 down the page:
http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/information.php/

Instructions only:
http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/plans/pt_19_instructions.pdf

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanks Jim for the Instructions

Post  happydad Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 am

944_Jim wrote:Gentlemen,

Please go to the below site where you can find the original PDF decal sheet, instructions, and a link to a YouTube video.
Find the plans section 3/4 down the page:
http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/information.php/

Instructions only:
http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/plans/pt_19_instructions.pdf

944_Jim: thanks for the instructions, Lavent has already included the decals in his package. I will let him Brag about them.

Happydad  RC Plane  Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Happy All in 2 hours worki

Post  happydad Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Iceberg wrote:

Thanks
Iceberg

Iceberg: Hope all is well in Iceberg land. lol! lol!   I spent 2 hours in the blazing hot garage, Hot Hot , and came out with these:

RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "PT-19 COROPLAST BUILD" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE Img_0823
4 of everything.  4 wings and 4 stabilators on top, 2 - RC rudders and 2 - CL rudders and 4 fuselages on bottom.

happydad. RC Plane Old Bugger       United States    Hand Shake    Canada
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Just a heads up with your build.... When drilling the hole for the elevator joiner through teh fuselage, try your best to make it straight. I may or may not be speaking from experience. Mine is slightly not level...... Very Happy
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Happy If ya really wanna...

Post  happydad Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:55 pm

944_Jim wrote:HD,

944_ Jim: if you really want to build one of the Coroplast PT-19 planes, I will give you the 4 parts, each $1.29 sheet made 2 of each of the 4 plastic parts. All you need is the wood block for engine mount and the landing gear, and of course the control horn, etc. I don’t know what shipping would cost, but the 4 parts only weigh about 3 or 4 ounces by them selves.

Happydad RC Plane Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:01 pm

I appreciate the offer, HD!

But I really need to build the kits piling up around me. I have a baby Mosquito with a pair of .020s that has been calling me out for over 18 months. And then there is the P-40 Red Tiger that is built, but unpainted for about two years.

Then it is off to deal with three larger kits...another P-40 based on the Sig Akromaster (my exit from 1/2A), a Black Hawk Models Challenger, and another pass at a bigger Mossie (reproduction Frog short kit).

Those last two will be my over-the-top, full care and detail builds.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 am

Green and yellow? Need special decals for these colors? Very Happy. Drop a pm Very Happy Small Cox Logo
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Happy No, No that is just the paper cover. the 1st oen will be blue and yellow.

Post  happydad Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:07 am

Levent Suberk wrote:Green and yellow? Need special decals for these colors? Very Happy. Drop a pm Very Happy Small Cox Logo

Lavent: that is just the paper cover. I will paint blue and Yellow. Green and Yellow are my college colors.

Still looking for the name of the Coroplast sealer???

happydad. RC Plane Old Bugger   Turkey  Hand Shake United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:37 am

Is the paint you are thinking of Krylon Fusion? If I remember when I get up for work in 4 hours, I can verify what I just typed.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 am

Well, i just got into work, but I did remember to look. The one i have is Krylon Fusion for plastics. So this may be what you are looking for.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 am

happydad wrote:
Levent Suberk wrote:Green and yellow? Need special decals for these colors? Very Happy. Drop a pm Very Happy Small Cox Logo

Lavent: that is just the paper cover. I will paint blue and Yellow. Green and Yellow are my college colors.

Still looking for the name of the Coroplast sealer???

happydad. RC Plane Old Bugger   Turkey  Hand Shake United States
 Hey Happydad take a lookie here https://www.google.com/search?ei=lJc6X6rdC4jz5gL0m4HgAw&q=Coroplast+spray+sealer&oq=Coroplast+spray+sealer&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoFCAAQzQJQ6o0DWKOcA2CDowNoAXAAeACAAWqIAYoEkgEDNS4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiq96PbvKLrAhWIuVkKHfRNADwQ4dUDCAw&uact=5 Q: Is it possible to paint on Coroplast®? Krylon Fusion® Spray Paint for Plastics will provide a thin durable layer. ... Brushes and rollers are not recommended for direct application of paints to Coroplast® because the paint layer is too thick and can easily peel and delaminate. The reg. Krylon is fuel proof to an extent like 35% N Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next