Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Cox_ba12

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sherline lathe wont run
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by 706jim Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Empty
Live on Patrol

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off

Go down

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Empty Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off

Post  layback209 Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Thought I would share what my awesome neighbor dropped off for my kids to play with. I think they need a few more years yet before I pull it out for them. Gotta get past the smash stage lol.

I like it, its a figure 8, HO scale and has a neat cargo loader. I had a similar one by Bachman I think. Was steamer though. Ran the wheels off it.

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off 20201210
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Empty Re: Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Well we know it’s newer than 1974 based on the bilingual packaging. I bought the exact same engine depicted on the box in 1985. The engine is a screamer, not scale speed at all, but very fun.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Empty Re: Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off

Post  layback209 Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Cool, the box indicates that "Leisure Dynamics" owned the COX brand at that time. I may just have to pick through everything in there tonight to learn more. From my cursory look it seems decent. For a laugh I might makes some 0.049 cox engine cargo.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Is Nice kit y have bachman giant track wit lot of litle figur one day y want paint al of them build Nice diorama wit couple hot wheel litle garage house bridge m'y sons is 2years old Not the time for it is cox fit bachman ??
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:07 am

Very Cool , ur kids must bee 2 the terrible years lol! Hope you can have some fun with it soon !! Lighting The Tree
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 am

layback209 wrote:Cool, the box indicates that "Leisure Dynamics" owned the COX brand at that time.  I may just have to pick through everything in there tonight to learn more.  From my cursory look it seems decent. For a laugh I might makes some 0.049 cox engine cargo.  

You have a neighbor with the Christmas Spirit. Boxed sets are quite valuable to a collector. Cox farmed that stuff out to China/Hong Kong etc. and is not up to their usual quality. I would have liked Cox to pursue that model railroad hobby in house, I bet they would have turned out some pretty nice locomotives.

No laugh, your kids (and you) would enjoy it.

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off The_co10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:26 am

Oh yes, we live in a awesome neighborhood. We dressed the kids up and when door to door dropping a little something off around the block, folks could use a little uplift this covid19 (no social gatherings permitted in my area). It was a cute site, and they were right into it pulling the Xmas waggon. A day later the Train appeared on our door step.

I did dig it out yesterday, for my oldest (4.5yrs) to play with he loved it! The locomotive needs maintenance (im sure i can fix it), and the power source doesn't work, fortunately i kept an engine from my childhood and the power source so was able to get something running gor him. He impressed me showed him once how to get the cars on the track and he was on his way. Had to scramble pack it up when baby bro (2yr old) woke up from nap time lol. The little guy liked it too but we wanted it in one piece for next time. Lol Spot on getback Santa .

Thats an awesome setup rsv1cox super cool. Im totally going to do something like that next year maybe. I was wondering how to get some 0.049s on there lol.

I did have my oldest making CL laps last summer with my help. He should be good to fly solo next summer.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:36 am

I have seen a number of Cox train sets or pieces for sale over the years. I don’t have the space or desire to expand my Cox collection in this tangent!  I found the attached craiglist post not to long ago, it’s still up if you’re interested. Note that the seller indicates they are not sure it works! Probably cost more to ship it than it’s worth.

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off 8a5d3510
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off Empty kid at heart

Post  sharpy01 Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Love any of the old toys. Guess I'll never grow up.
sharpy01
sharpy01
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:26 pm

My only Cox model railroad product. (I think.) "Made and assembled at Cox International. Hong Kong."

Neighbor Dropped this Cool Train set off P1012204

It runs.

It is that time of year again, isn't it. Time to warm up the old transformers.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum