Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My How we have grown Cox_ba12

My How we have grown Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sherline lathe wont run
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by 706jim Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My How we have grown Empty
Live on Patrol

My How we have grown

Go down

My How we have grown Empty My How we have grown

Post  nitroairplane Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Since posting 2 links to this site we have almost doubled in members so are more active than the 1/2a section of any website.
This is great for cox engine fans what do we think?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

My How we have grown Empty Re: My How we have grown

Post  microflitedude Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 am

As it's been said before, we don't have to argue with EL flyers who wander into the 1/2a forum. lol!
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 am

Yes and we don't have to deal with them posting there little e powered foamies here.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 am

Growth is important but so is PARTCIPATION. I'm sure we have a fair share of "lurkers" who "take" from this forum but do not contribute. In a way we are providing a service to them whick is OK with me but it would be very benefiical if they would "jump in" with their reactions, knowledge and questions.

Thus enlarged this forum would become even a "richer" and more useful to all of us.

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 am

Yes and I believe that there are a lot of people using guest accounts that haven't joined.

Last edited by nitroairplane on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:29 am

Cyberspace presents an interesting paradox: open to all but lacking inter-connection with the people that use it. It is somewhat like playing a game of solo tennis with on one to return your serve.

What the fun in that?

Super Dave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 am

I was a very early computer geek (Timex sinclair, vic 20, Commodor 64, trash 80 etc etc)

Early days I ran a BBS with 300 baud dial up all on a 20Mb hard drive and 12Mhz computer (subject was DOS programming and support)

No click through, no paid advertising, did get an occasional snail mail donation when something crashed and I was in danger of shutting it all down due to personal expense

Hang on, there is a point:

Over the years I have moderated or just participated on many forums, and on some, had very high post counts... Motor cycles, trucks, smart car, ham radio, ammo reloading, model rocketry, team associated race cars...etc ( too many hobbies)

The most fun of all these forums has been the occasional face 2 face gathering

Large meetings of a lot of folks never seems to work out well...but in these hobby type forums we all tend to be older (not all, I have met some really interesting young folks) and we travel frequently to see family

I always try to send a note of upcoming travel plans and see if any in the group near where I will be wants to grab a beer and BS or invite me to a local event, swap party ...etc

Several of the members here sound like folks I would like to meet some day

Just a thought, to couple to SuperDave "interesting Paradoxa" comment ( that I agree with)

Yes I know I am a tad bit long winded... working on it... Friends/Meeting
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am

fredvon4 wrote:I was a very early computer geek (Timex sinclair, vic 20, Commodor 64, trash 80 etc etc)

Early days I ran a BBS with 300 baud dial up all on a 20Mb hard drive and 12Mhz computer (subject was DOS programming and support)

No click through, no paid advertising, did get an occasional snail mail donation when something crashed and I was in danger of shutting it all down due to personal expense

Hang on, there is a point:

Over the years I have moderated or just participated on many forums, and on some, had very high post counts... Motor cycles, trucks, smart car, ham radio, ammo reloading, model rocketry, team associated race cars...etc ( too many hobbies)

The most fun of all these forums has been the occasional face 2 face gathering

Large meetings of a lot of folks never seems to work out well...but in these hobby type forums we all tend to be older (not all, I have met some really interesting young folks) and we travel frequently to see family

I always try to send a note of upcoming travel plans and see if any in the group near where I will be wants to grab a beer and BS or invite me to a local event, swap party ...etc

Several of the members here sound like folks I would like to meet some day

Just a thought, to couple to SuperDave "interesting Paradoxa" comment ( that I agree with)

Yes I know I am a tad bit long winded... working on it... Friends/Meeting

long winded is good it gives us lots of info to keep our eyes and minds occupied with.
its good to have you here especially good to have another person that like their rc cars too. lol!

one thing what is ammo reloading? putting powder and the other back into used shells?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

Ammunition reloading is (for me) part hobby, part good skill to have, and part thumbing my nose at an over bearing government

I own and shoot rifles, shot guns, pistols, and revolvers of various calibers for sport, hunting, and competition

In some cases, factory ammunition is good or even preferred. There are other times when re-manufacturing your own ammunition is better because you can control the load to perform perfectly in YOUR firearm.

Factory ammunition has safety and general middle of the road performance criteria as well as profit margin to consider

In the recent past many components for ammunition have become very expensive driving the cost of factory ammunition to cost around a dollar per shot or more

I can manufacture many different calibers for 9 to 37 cents each

On a weekend where I shoot Colt 45 in a "six shooter" revolver, or 45 APC in a 1911 Pistol, I may expend 2oo to 4oo rounds of ammunition during the competition. I can reload spent (used) brass cartridge cases with inexpensive powder, lead cast bullets, and new primers for around 11 cents a cartridge

All American Citizens are allowed to manufacture our own ammunition (for now)
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Ammunition reloading is (for me) part hobby, part good skill to have, and part thumbing my nose at an over bearing government

I own and shoot rifles, shot guns, pistols, and revolvers of various calibers for sport, hunting, and competition

In some cases, factory ammunition is good or even preferred. There are other times when re-manufacturing your own ammunition is better because you can control the load to perform perfectly in YOUR firearm.

Factory ammunition has safety and general middle of the road performance criteria as well as profit margin to consider

In the recent past many components for ammunition have become very expensive driving the cost of factory ammunition to cost around a dollar per shot or more

I can manufacture many different calibers for 9 to 37 cents each

On a weekend where I shoot Colt 45 in a "six shooter" revolver, or 45 APC in a 1911 Pistol, I may expend 2oo to 4oo rounds of ammunition during the competition. I can reload spent (used) brass cartridge cases with inexpensive powder, lead cast bullets, and new primers for around 11 cents a cartridge

All American Citizens are allowed to manufacture our own ammunition (for now)
ok thanks for clearing that up now know that sounds like the kind of thing i would do just for fun if it were legal here lol! lol!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down