Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Cox_ba12

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 13:32

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 12:52

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 11:12

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by rdw777 Today at 9:06

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 20:00

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 18:51

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:50

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 5:02

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 0:41

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed 8 May 2024 - 19:55

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed 8 May 2024 - 14:30

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed 8 May 2024 - 9:21

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty
Live on Patrol

Please help FAA laws and RC flying.

Go down

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty Please help FAA laws and RC flying.

Post  Smithdoor Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 1:46

Please write to help the RC modeling and change the latest laws.
Just copy and past below to email Washington  DC and the Senators. Please post this request any where to help us.

Dave

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
https://www.senate.gov/general/contacting.htm
http://chng.it/SpKy6sjC

Asking to increase the weight limit to 2.2 pounds/1kg for Designers and Hobbyist instead current of 0.55/250 grams Using soft materials as in balsa wood and foam. This type of material crustes down witch absorbs the energy.

This to help to new generation of Aviators and engineers and older generations to still design there own models.

The RID has nothing to do with safety.
As FAA has said it is a license plate. Use for compliments not safety.  The RC hobby had been very safe for over 100 yeas. Starting with Nickels TESLA in 1898.

A) If the FAA use a transponder that would low the altitude clearing air space for full size aircraft and helicopter.
This also can be a simple radio frequency transmitter by a public event to bring down or take over the drones violations.
B) The licensing and RID would not be need unless it was for commercial/paid work and or camera on the drone
C) A weight limit of 2.2 pounds/1kg for Hobbyist instead of 0.55 pound limit. The first .55 pounds is for all hard materials. The balance of materials must be balsa, foam and or flexible covering materials.
D) Using the correct for calculations taking in materials use in the hobby.

Formula used by FAA does not take in hardest of materials and how built.
The formula is use for braking,  roller coaster even shipping in containers not soft materials like balsa wood that crushes down as the energy dissipate.

This formula does not take soft materials like balsa and form or the crushing of materials.
KE = kinetic energy
m = mass of a body
v = velocity of a body
Ek = ½mv²

From the FAA website
FAA has taken a phased, incremental approach that fosters industry innovation while meeting the corresponding safety and security needs .

Below is the change in law requested.

A simple certification at cost of 1 hour of federal minimum wage ever 10 years, no cost over 65 both needs update with email addresse, cell phone and current address must have charged cell phone any time you fly. All information must be updated with 20 days. Using the driver license/ID card supply by the state and over 16 years of age. Under 250 grams classified as a toy.
Quick list what you can and can not do with the certification.

1) Only for Hobbies/Recreation uses and aircrafts and or drones label with certification number.
2) No real time cameras
3) Only fly daylight hours in good weather for location.
4) Building/construction materials for model aircraft design and using balsa wood and foam over 250 grams and under 1KG.
Propeller nose cone made of metal , fiberglass and or plastic must have at least 0.12" R. 3.2 mm R.
No metal propeller only wood or plastic with a minimum of .031" R .8mm R. All other leading edge must made of balsa wood or foam and or flexible coverings.
All hard materials including radio gear, metal,  plasic and or  power motor must be under 0.55 pounds 250 grams.
5) Fly line of sight only up to maximum of 1.1 miles 1.77 KM
6) Per fly check as listed by manufacturer and FAA check list.
7) Do not fly above 400 feet in uncontrolled (Class G) airspace. Check on B4UFLY to find the airspace Class and follow the instructions.
8 ) Respect Privacy including stadium's, public locations may include parks. Never fly over and or near humans.
9) Never fly near othe aircraft/Drons (200 feet 61 meters apart)
10) All way have cell phone with FAA emergencies app and Local emergencies app installed and running with GPS for location. If the alerts goes off you must land.
11) Never fly under influence of alcohol and or drugs as stated by state law.
12) All ways follow orders by Law enforcement, emergency services and or fire department (it may include use your drone and or flying by or for emergency services).

• Read FAA regulations for great detail as listed by number from above.

• Definition of Model Aircraft
Built from tradition building materials (wood and or foam with covering)
Does not need a gyro to fly
Fix wing design .
Typically made at home
Does not have camera to fly.
Flies line of sight only.

This would simple for average model flyer and builder.
I) Using internet for regulations using the state driver license/ID card.
II) The online certification would have 12 to 16 boxes.
III) Each time a box the next box and statement appears with a 12 second delay be for you check the box.
IV) The certification number would have State postal 2 letter code then a 12 digital indicator the owner.
V) Lawenforsment can excess certification number owners.
VI) The certification number would place both inside on battery and outside in 14 to 20 pt on Arial, Helvetica or Times Roman print Black and White water prof sticker (no ink jet printer).
Smithdoor
Smithdoor
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty T

Post  Coxfledgling Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 11:26

So drone fliers are upsetting the apple cart over there as well, just like in the UK and euro ?

See Bmfa website and article 16 for Bmfa members, for example.

The situation is "fluid" but calm in the UK, for now at least, but can well imaging a "licence" to fly any model, freeflight, RC slope soarer ( my favourite as the fuel is free etc. ), fixed wing powered ( my second favourite,, fuel is getting expensive now,, glow and diesel ) , electric powered ( lipo, a bomb waiting to go off and expensive, but quiet ),:helo and rotor( multi rotor being needed which will force the less well off amongst us being "grounded" I fear.
Control line under 1 kg for s less limited but rules still apply.

Much tighter CAA control of airspace due to morons with drones came into force 1stJan this year, and will get tighter.

A "professional" university group drone incident in 2019, with the "drone racing car" designed for racing around Goodwood race track, and "vetted" by the CAA, went AWOL, climbed to 8000ft entering London Gatwick stacking airspace then crashed very near a large town, luckily only hurting some grass and earth worms.

Aero modelling has a very good safety record in the UK, same as in USA and elsewhere I imaging, cos getting it wrong at our level hurts money wise.

It is now illegal in UK to fly anything other than a "toy" without proper quals, insurance and CAA I'd etc..
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty Re: Please help FAA laws and RC flying.

Post  Cribbs74 Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 13:03

I don’t see anything in there concerning Control Line Aircraft. Are we all being lumped together concerning model aircraft?

Big difference for CL and RC concerning airspace.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty Re: Please help FAA laws and RC flying.

Post  Marleysky Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 13:37

Well yeah! I’d love to try to fly my ringmaster to a max 400ft altitude in a 400 ft circle?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Please help FAA laws and RC flying. Empty T

Post  Coxfledgling Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 14:36

I'm in Wales UK so makes no difference to me but....

Maybe control line pilots will be next.

In UK c/l must be under 1kg else rules with a real "bite" kick in....
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 14:51

Marleysky wrote:Well yeah! I’d love to try to fly my ringmaster to a max 400ft altitude in a 400 ft circle?

You would need a V8 engine and about 5lbs of tip weight
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithdoor Wed 10 Mar 2021 - 16:21

I would try like am doing here in America.
There is nothing permanent just what takes to make a change.

I have read both the UK and Canada rules too.
It looks close to America.

Dave

Coxfledgling wrote:So drone fliers are upsetting the apple cart over there as well, just like in the UK and euro ?

See Bmfa  website and article 16 for Bmfa members, for example.

The situation is "fluid" but calm in the UK, for now at least, but can well imaging a "licence" to fly any model, freeflight, RC slope soarer ( my favourite as the fuel is free  etc. ), fixed wing powered ( my second favourite,, fuel is getting expensive now,, glow and diesel ) , electric powered ( lipo, a bomb waiting to go off and expensive, but quiet ),:helo and rotor( multi rotor being needed which will force the less well off amongst us being "grounded" I fear.
Control line under 1 kg for s less limited but rules still apply.

Much tighter CAA control of airspace due to morons with drones came into force 1stJan this year, and will get tighter.

A "professional" university group drone incident in 2019, with the "drone racing car" designed for racing around Goodwood race track, and "vetted" by the CAA, went AWOL, climbed to 8000ft entering London Gatwick stacking airspace then crashed very near a large town, luckily only hurting some grass and earth worms.

Aero modelling has a very good safety record in the UK, same as in USA and elsewhere I imaging, cos getting it wrong at our level hurts money wise.

It is now illegal in UK to fly anything other than a "toy" without proper quals, insurance and CAA I'd etc..
Smithdoor
Smithdoor
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 22:25

I Will never stop flight m'y models i wil just Find place that police wil Not se me fly or just build cars wit m'y little engines y hate restriction for now y dont have trouble wit police tink its over for go fly in bal or football, soccer playground wit kids
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithdoor Thu 18 Mar 2021 - 22:07

Here email address everyone can send too.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg
Email: pressoffice@dot.gov
Phone: 1 (202) 366-4570

Write what think will help RC model Aviation.
In my past post shows what sent

Dave
Smithdoor
Smithdoor
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Fri 19 Mar 2021 - 1:37

Just renewed my FAA Drone sUAS yearly registration. I don't even own a drone. The government has control of the radio frequencies. They can jam selected frequencies at will. Being a licensed sUAS operator may help make positive changes.
RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down