Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Cox_ba12

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by rsv1cox Today at 7:41 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Empty
Live on Patrol

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS

Go down

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Empty The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Wow, gotta vent.

Started last year with a phone call from a neighbor.  Bob, I have a UPS package for you left on my doorstep.  Ok,  I'll be right over and pick it up.  

A couple of months later and another UPS delivery checking the tracking number which shows delivered front porch.  Nope no package.  Got on the ATV going up and down my street until I noticed a large package on a neighbors porch.  Yup, my pressure washer which I humped onto the ATV and dragged home.  

Couple of months later, mid winter UPS tracking number shows delivered front porch.  Nope no package.  ATV won't start.  Walked the length on my street (unpaved) in the mud and snow can't see a package anywhere.  Just a note - there is a sign post in my front yard with my house number on it and another sign on my driveway with my name on it.

After an internet fight to find a UPS phone number I called and explained.  About two hours later my package showed up on my front doorstep.  

Enough of this, so I made this sign.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010792

Expecting a signature required UPS delivery today I put it out by the road where the driver wouldn't miss it.  Left the garage door open and all the four car garage doors open as well as the door to the breezeway.  I'm 15 feet away in a chair with both me and the TV visible from the breezeway when I noticed a "Sorry we missed you" sign sticking to the doors window.  

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010793

Not a check or a written note on it.

Called UPS again and explained the situation.  A very angry dispatcher said that I should not expect the driver to wait until I answered the door and that I should wait by the door when a signature delivery was expected.  He said that in the time it took the driver to fill out the notice that I could have answered the door. "But there is nothing written on the notice" I responded and why should I wait by the door all day when he could have just gone around front and ring the door bell?  I never heard the guy knock and he could very plainly see me and that the TV was on.  

Me in the chair through the pass-through on the left, the TV on the right and the notice stuck in the middle of the window.  

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010794

Discussion got very heated after that, so I won't elaborate other than to say UPS will never darken my door again after this exercise is complete.  .  

But, I can't wait to see this fellow or fellowette tomorrow.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Empty Re: The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS

Post  crankbndr Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:39 pm

What round for UPS dipstick?
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Empty Re: The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:42 pm

crankbndr wrote:What round for UPS dipstick?

At the time......I would say 12 gage 00 Buck
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:48 pm

Bob, I go through this constantly and it goes right up my rear end. My mailman of 20 years who I knew by name retired. He was one man who did it all and carried a mailsack. Now we have close to 4-5 to do the same route. Everyday it's someone new and my mail gets delivered on the wrong block or to my neighbor. I went to the post office to complain which didn't help. I then personally went to every mail carrier in the past month to show them that my house has 2 very large house numbers on it. Each one insists it wasn't them. I received a box full of engines from a friend, I've been waiting for them for 3 weeks. The box arrived the other day when it was raining and the jerk left it on my concrete step. I stopped him the other day and asked why he didn't open the storm door as always and place it there. He didn't have a answer.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Ready for him or her tomorrow in the oft chance that I'm not sitting in the chair cradling my trusty Remington.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010796
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010795
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:47 pm

This is what they do to UPS in Miami

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Cops210
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Sorry you’re having problems with “Unlimited Poor Services”.  Hurry, hurry, rush rush and deliver packages mushed.  My son works there, long enough to have 250% turnovers in managers. Newest Manager, breaks union rules,  stops him while he’s working to tell him he has to verify that the package is  correctly scanned by the computer in the automated sorting machine, and do it faster that he did before having to inspect EACH and EVERY package.   So he repeated her instructions on how  to re-inspect each parcel that the auto-sort machine has scanned is “correct” and do it faster than when he had to just load the bundled packages. Smiles at her and says Yes, no problem! I certainly can work as fast or faster than the auto-sort computer, while double checking to  be sure the computer has not made any errors. Meanwhile the auto sorting shut down during her discussion due to packages backing upon the conveyor. Big boss came running down....WHAT? Why is the Auto-Sort shut down what’s going on??  This  manager is giving me instructions on how to run the sort, I cannot sort and listen to her instructions at the same time! The look of exasperation on the Boss’s face was priceless....as he turned the machine back on and started to give his “new”  manager a “why-in-heck are you stopping the lines from running, you just wait till we get back in the office” look!
My son goes back to work thinking She’s made her mark in management, she’ll be gone in six weeks....just like the others. Things would work much smoother if they would just let us do our jobs. And every now and then tell us we’re doing a good job, but no we’re always doing something wrong and always not fast enough! Uggh!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:55 pm

I wouldn't ship an anvil with UPS!. IN FACT they broke cast iron trans and diff case cores that were shipped to us when I worked for a truck shop in Mt.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:09 pm

OhBee wrote:I wouldn't ship an anvil with UPS!.  IN FACT they broke cast iron trans and diff case cores that were shipped to us  when I worked for a truck shop in Mt.  

Oh yeah, that’s a whole nother story. Work harder/work faster. Safety meetings, lift using your knees, don’t twist. 2 person lift over 50lbs. Truck rear ends ARE over 50 Lbs. axle slips off side of conveyor, waiting for 2nd teammember to safe lift back on belt. Manager yells: get that thing back on belt!! Single person lifts truck axle up and drops back over onto face of FlatScreen TV. There done! Poor guy who ordered a Flat screen TV has a truck axle imprint on it now.....now whys my balsa plane look like pizza? lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:48 am

My new instructions to shippers: Pony Express, Donkey Cart, anything but UPS. Smile

Waiting for him/her today in driveway washing cars. Just might hose the guy down. I will be wearing my Remington hat and my "Death before Dishonor" Tee shirt. Well, I don't have one of those, but maybe my Cox Engine Forum Tee, that will put the fear into him. Smile

My conversation with his dispatcher turned really ugly when he told me I should wait by the door all day. Ya never heard of door bells fella? I finally hung up. Last time this happened - when the driver delivered my package to another house I got a "How did we do" email from UPS. Waiting for that one to arrive. Devil
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:51 am

lol! DAMMIT! Bob your getting some springtime excitement up there in WV No Really i feel U and sorry your having to go through such an ordeal ,, down here WE just hate stupid people in general No!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:14 am

I think I read somewhere the drivers are independent contractors and not "employees" of UPS. This must lead to much friction between the two.
Down here Fed Ex is good, USPS is OK also but UPS is to be avoided. They will damage an anvil. And the worst of all is when UPS hands off to USPS, I avoid venders that ship UPS.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  bakergw Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:23 pm

lol! I Love This Forum! This has been very instructive for me and probably others purchasing internationally as to why it seems to take so long to get parts out of the states and on the way to the international destination. lol! Luckily once they get to Oz it usually goes ok. I probably have just put the Mocker on it for me. lol! In truth it actually has gone well for me with all of the parts I have purchased from all of the Cox Vendors and they have all been great with my introduction to and learning about buying over the net and things getting shipped. Very Happy

Cheers,
Gary
bakergw
Account Deactivated by Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Well, about two PM a UPS truck came chugging up my driveway after me spending about two hours waiting for him washing two cars in the process. In the interim, my USPS lady arrived with the F-8 Bearcat I had won a few days before. We have had a great relationship for a long time. She's the lady that talked me into going down by the mailboxes and retrieving a pair of kittens that someone had abandoned there. I related about it here a couple of years ago, some might remember "Nick and Nora". There are three she said, I will take one if you take two. Sucker that I am, I agreed.

We got to talking UPS. She follows essentially the same route as they do in her mail deliveries. Packages left in the rain and snow by the mailbox instead of taken up the driveway and left on a porch or in a garage. Packages left hanging on mailboxes, which I believe is a Federal offence. She calls the ones she knows. One thanked her, there is three thousand dollar's of packages out there she exclaimed.

But I digress.

What made you think I wasn't home yesterday I asked!!!!!!!!!!! "Well I thought you were, but they are running the snot out of us" he said. Why didn't you take ten seconds and go around to the front door and ring the bell????????? DUH!

All is well that ends well. Got the package and worth the wait, a like new 70 to 80 year old engine in magnificent condition. My dream locomotive you might say wrapped like Fort Knox and deservedly so.

As usual USPS free boxes are used inside UPS/FedEx mailings and the Post Office and ultimately the tax payer takes it while they reap the rewards. No matter, I love the thing. Err, the locomotive.......but the Bearcat ain't bad either. Smile

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010800
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010801
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010802
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010804
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010803

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:35 pm

I like the Bearcat, Bob. Grumman Iron Works.
OK, I'm a little partial. Embarassed
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:58 pm

dckrsn wrote:I like the Bearcat, Bob. Grumman Iron Works.
OK, I'm a little partial. Embarassed
Bob

Me too Bob.  I will have fun putting it back together.  Also have a bid on this one.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS F-8_be10
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS F-8_be11

Gotta have that handle.

But this thing is maybe a one of a kind survivor.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Varney25

With a rare of the rare motor.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Varney26
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:59 am

Well i am Glad everything came together and the merch. got there in good shape !! I like the Bearcat ,But the Train loco /tender is over the top !! Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:28 pm

Found a clear canopy that should work, also a pilot guy but will have to cut him off at the shoulders.

Hitched it up to a power supply, motor runs if somewhat unbalanced. Smile Looks like a standard Cox 5.5D/4P prop. I don't have one so will have to substitute.

The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS P1010808
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:06 am

I know you don’t Facebook, but you’re missing a guy who’s converting a electric to babe bee power.
Here’s some pictures:The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS Bdad4110
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS F8126d10
The shipping wars or my personal battle with UPS 339f2910
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down