Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Cox_ba12

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 10:39 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Empty
Live on Patrol

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value?

Go down

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Empty Flea Market Prop Rod........Value?

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:54 am

Mark is contemplating this Cox Prop Rod at his local flea market.

Desirable model with metal pan but the mounting holes on the engines mount are broken and it has a product engine not the original. Otherwise it's in nice condition with a box. Missing engine is not a problem I have many proper replacements.

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Damage10

??
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? Empty Re: Flea Market Prop Rod........Value?

Post  getback Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:19 am

The prices are all over the place but i would say $100.00 with the mount broken / witch they come up on the bay for 35- as repos , Mine has the same problem but i filled the holes with wood and glued the screws in LOL Heck somebody glued the whole thing on the model sooo didn't matter much 4th of July Flag
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:36 am

Bob, the problem with placing a value is that the first mention of dollar value is someone who's going to look on EBAY. EBAY is not the place to find the value of these items. It's for the desperate who has no other place to find these items. Then on the other side you have the predators who seek estates and sell off these items at high dollar value for personal gain. I've seen these items at local swap meets. I haven't seen them with the box but the difference is that most going to sell flea markets or swap meets aren't seeing collectors and certainly aren't getting collector prices for their goods. When one presents a harder to find piece or part at a flea market he/she has to be aware that most individuals there are not willing to pay high dollar for one item. They're in search of several items only to further barter down the pricing so they can go home with a good feeling of achievement.

The car has a broken engine mount, the incorrect engine and possibly other minor issues. This renders that item a parts item. Yes, it carries merit with us the hobbyist and modeler because anyone on here could make that work again. The majority of us aren't overwhelmed with the box. Yes, it has value and it certainly makes the car complete but in my opinion it would suit another car with lesser issues better if you could find another.

Bill Steklinski who is a CEF member had a very extensive collection of Cox cars, dragster, tethers, jeeps, etc. He had a very worthy collection which he finally had to let go most of them. He essentially sold all but the new in the box items. While we see many of these items going for hundreds of dollars on EBAY, he didn't come out a millionaire in any way and felt slighted to some degree but in the end made money and it's no longer clutter.

I've come across these items at swap meets in similar condition to what I see yours in, they're just not the high dollar money makers. Many of the times, the seller is going home with the item. I came across a lot of these last year which the seller was offering 3 prop rods, parts, and bodies for $100. Yes, I thought it was cool and all 3 certainly could've been put back together but it just didn't give me that I gotta have it appeal. Many of these cars have tire issues where the tires become deformed and wobble. The rear tires are not easily sourced. Axles were missing on some of them which also is slightly difficult to locate and all of them had the same broken engine mount. All of us live in different areas and you can ask value of what most would pay and you will get 10 different answers.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:17 am

The nacelle is replaceable but not easy, the older ones are glued in. Original nacelle come up on eBay and there are repros. Original screws are important or will damage the nacelle. The box and canopy look pretty good. It needs a Space Bug Jr. I would give $40 for box and canopy.

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? E8d0b710
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks all.

An early Prop Rod would be about the only thing that would temp me to break my "No more Stuff" promise to myself.  "Out-going" is my thing now, not "In-coming."  It would help me to complete my modest collection of the type.

Flea Market Prop Rod........Value? P1011141

But, it's after the fact now.  It's sold to a fellow that Mark knows for $90.00.  Mark looked at it yesterday and sent me that picture.  Told him if the seller would take $75 I would be a buyer so he went back this morning only to find the fellow that bought it completing the deal.  He's a seller on ebay so it may turn up there.  Mark said the box was no trophy with the end flaps broken off and stuffed inside.  

But it was pretty much excellent except for the nacelle.  I figure it was dropped on the engine breaking off those ears.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down