Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone

Post  duaneh Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:10 am

Hi, Juan
I'm glad you liked the TF Junior Aces Mustang. Yes, on the green one, I changed the wing LE and a few other construction details.
The red one is built from all kit parts. The only addition is a dorsal fin, because Mantz's plane had it.

You did an amazing job on the Little Bipe. From the initial research to the “cafeteria paper” checkerboards, just an outstanding effort.
duaneh
duaneh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone

Post  F4D Phantom II Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello Duaneh
Thanks,you are too kind. Doing a search for information on a subject that we want to build is part of the fun. I lucked out that Gordon Von Tighem saw my post as his photos and selling me the box with the information needed was key to finally do the model.
You mention mods besides the leading edge change on your 1/2a TF P-51 can you let me know what else you did? Is incredible how well the Red P-51 Bendix racer looks. I`m a P-51 Mustang fan and have built a few.
Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:31 pm

944_Jim wrote:Welcome back, Juan,

It's been a while since we've seen anything from you here. I love your Lil Bipe! Have you had a chance to fly it yet? I'm sure the guys here would love to see pictures. I'm not sure if SH non-members can see pictures over there as guests. Sparky (the Admin on SH) had it locked down pretty tight for a while.

Thanks for "re-appearing" here.

Hello Jim
                   I`m a wanderer because I like so many things and now I have a grandson that I hope will like model airplane building and flying. I will never give up model airplanes or Cox .049 engines.here are a couple of pics of the Scientific little Bipe. The cowling came about on the urging of Larry Renger telling me that it needed one. I have not flown it yet because I haven`t found a suitable place to fly it and don`t want to fly it on grass ending with a cartwheel landing.
                                                                                 juan

Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Hpim2319
Top Flite Junior Aces Mustang Clone - Page 2 Hpim2320

Last edited by F4D Phantom II on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duaneh Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:23 pm

F4D Phantom II wrote:You mention mods besides the leading edge change on your 1/2a TF P-51 can you let me know what else you did?

The fuselage and vertical tail Are scaled from a 3-view of the full size Mustang, and are different from the kit parts.
The kit uses a ply wing joiner/LG mount/bellcrank mount. This is a large and heavy piece. Since I wasn't using landing gear, I left it out. I used a smaller balsa wing joiner and ply bellcrank mount.
I used a built up trailing edge instead of a shaped TE like the kit.
Also framed the flaps out of 1/8" square sticks instead of a single piece of balsa.

Again, these changes are only for the green P-51. The red P-51, Hurricane, and Cosmic Wind are built strictly to the kit.
duaneh
duaneh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:58 pm

Hello duaneh
                       I studied the pictue of bare bones P-51 that you built for the cox.049 medallion and I can see the mods. I liked the beam mounted engine where you faired the fuselage to the spinner,plywood doublers,built up flaps and scale shape. It always nice to see how models are built to pick up ideas, great job. I still like red P-51 more.Thanks for the info.
                                                                                    Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2