Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Covid booster Cox_ba12

Covid booster Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by sosam117 Today at 4:25 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:26 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by robot797 Today at 12:12 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Covid booster Empty
Live on Patrol

Covid booster

Go down

Covid booster Empty Covid booster

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:48 am

While I'm certainly not that, I am a believer in getting the shots.  

Got my third monday, never felt it.  Next day a little whoozy but nothing that would have kept me from normal activitues.  

Went out this morning and dumped a balky Wen Mac motor in the parts cleaner and while it soaked went down to the pond and topped the downed pine tree and dragged it up to the burn pile.  

I'm not a fan of spring starters but this enclosed Wen Mac/Testors starter is nicely done with machined parts that fit together like a glove.  It must have been expensive to produce but prices were competitive with Cox engines of similar displacements.  

This engine was so locked up nothing would loosen it. I thought it mechanical so I took everything apart, head, starter, case and soaked it in parts cleaner for an hour then heated it to smoking with a heat gun.  Finally loosened and I flooded it with Remoil until it turned smooth.  

Still have detail work to do with full strength Simple Green and a pick and cut a new gasket.  

Covid booster P1012306

Last edited by rsv1cox on Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : multiple errors in punctuation)
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Covid booster Empty Re: Covid booster

Post  fredvon4 Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:35 pm

I know this is a hot topic but I fear the trend to Hate and admonish "anti Vaxers" is wearing very thin on my wife and I

BOTH card carrying Veterans that have read and studied our constitution, including all 16 years of debate and argument before the first 10 Amendments were RATIFIED.

In Our Opinion if you simply read the (IMO) most clearly written American document, without studying all the deliberation transcripts, and all the Federalist Papers: then you do NOT posses enough information and knowledge about FREEDOM ERNDOWED BY OUR CREATOR.

Consider this. Wife and I fully accept any humans right to DECIDE to GET or NOT get, any medical procedure.

So here is WHY, for my CEF dear friends, I will not get these MANDATED series of inoculations, given the current vapid disinformation, deliberate false information, and what I know about MY PRESONAL Medical history and current state of my immune system.

1955 born US Army Hospital where I has surgery to correct birth defect; Pyloric Stenosis...(un opened lower stomach valve into little intestin.)
1956~1961 all required at the time Vaccinations for children and follow on boosters to attend school

1963 Father assigned to Taiwan/Formosa. Family additionally inoculated and vaccinated against common dieses for Asia
1965 Family to R&R Macau, and Philippines and all needed more inoculations to travel space A to Hong Kong
1970 Father assigned to Santiago Chile, Family got MORE inoculations and Vaccines. I got the doses but did not go to complete HS in CA Bay Area.

FOR the unaware. MOST inoculations (Example Tetanus) and Vaccinations are good for 5 10 to 20 years many needing boosters at 10 year intervals

By age 15 I had 2 to 4 full doses of the typical vaccines

1973 drafted. Dumb Army would not accept my established Army Shot record mom gave me...Got in line and got ALL the series of shots.
This started the 24 year Shot record I have in front of me, along with the first 15 years of my life record of vaccines and
inoculations.
In my career I went to. Not in sequence--Iran, Panama, Falklin Ils, Grenada, Bosnia, Egypt, Saudi Aribia, Afghanistan, Germany, Korea, and the Sudan....EVERY deployment had me "processing" through a pre deployment center where they inoculated or Vaccinated my body

Up until I retired in 1996 I have almost EVERY INNOCULATION OR VACCEINE that existed many more than 5 times

In the 80s the Army involuntarily took MY DNA for stated CASUALITY IDENTIFICATIION...but they gave it to the FBI...ponder this.
At My retirement Jan 1996 I formally ask for, and was denied MY DNA Sample(s) and redaction from any and all Government data bases...not worth the lawyers fees to sue for my rights

In 1990~91 Desert Storm we got a lot of experimental drugs as the threat of chemical warfare was credible. 5200 of us are in a VA registry as confirmand SARIN gas ( an deadly Nerve Agent) exposure from the destruction of Kamasiea Ammo Dump near Basra on the Iraq border where we were marshalling to leave the combat zone. I get urine and blood tests twice a year since 96 for this and my DNA has been damaged.

Before I retired I got several of the Anthrax shots.....still a big problem for VA as it confuses their efforts to define Gulf War syndrome

I have what is called the Gulf War Syndrome and also in that registry.
Presumptively the Pyridostigmine bromide (PB) is a drug used during the Gulf War as a pretreatment to protect troops from the harmful effects of nerve agents. Has several adverse side effects.
Also EVERY encampment of soldiers burned their poop every day with diesel fuel and the plume of burnt poop rained down on all soldiers...with adverse health effects. I am also in the "Burn Pit" registry

All in all I am in 4 VA and other Major University "STUDIES" to help find (for future soldiers) what exactly are the adverse (or positive ) effects of mass distribution of drugs to all soldiers past, present, and future.

If YOU are any kind of critical thinker...this means....THEY DO NOT KNOW, despite 30 years of study to date from the GULF war, How exactly all these medications effect populations (BTW presumably military are younger and healthier) of humans.

While I am totally responsible for some of my deterioration health...smoking for 50 years and very heavy alcohol use...

The drugs I take for COPD, and Crohns are in the MAB category...immunosuppressants. You know the adds on TV

Since Wife and I have already had some variant of Covid in 2019 and 2021 we believe we have the natural resistance (since we both did not need medical help for what can be described as a very bad flu) we have made what we think is wise choice to not take any vaccines until enough time has passed for the med community to fully understand all the adverse side effects for folks with OUR medical histories.

WOW this took my deteriorated from 2 strokes butt almost 3 hours to type and try to correct
Sorry I do not have time to go back and make the various paragraphs make logical and chronological sense...

BOTTOM LINE IS---WE 100% respect ANY persons choice to GET the Vax. WE very deeply resent the notion, proffered in this country, and globally---- that anti vaxers are selfish a holes harming humanity

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Wow, an almost complete Fred history!

I sympathize. I had to correct top above a couple of times to make it more understandable as my spell/grammar check has decided to go belly-up.

Your body, your choice. While I think everyone should get the shots, I hate the mandates and they are being struck down by the courts. It should be non-political but it has devolved into that.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Out here vaccines are mandated (which they deny) if you want to actually do anything in your life. No vax, no job, can visit supermarket and gas station only. Everything else is out of bounds.
They show absolutely no compassion and consider everyone not vaccinated as an "anti-vaxxer". Here's our story.
Out 26 year old son wants to work, but gets knocked back every time because he's not vaccinated. People judge and assume he's an anti-vaxxer. While he doesn't want to get the jab, he accepts that it's necessary to have anything like a normal live. So far he has had four attempts at the jab. High anxiety levels mean that he hasn't been able to go through with it. While we don't see it as reasonable, he can't cope with needles. Just one of those things. They've tried sedation, but that still doesn't work. He's worried that he'll uncontrollably react and punch someone.
So, how about exemptions? The health officer's office list one reason for exemption only, that is anaphylactic reaction to the first jab. If prone to anaphylaxis, you still need to get the first jab before they can exempt you from the second due to a reaction. So, you need to put your life intentionally in danger to prove your life's in danger. Figure that out.
With all the focus on mental health these days, there is absolutely no scope for any concessions on mental health grounds, hence our son's dilemma. He may as well have leprosy because that's how he's being treated. I figure the requirement to be vaxed to enter any business is not much better than those in the past hanging up a "Whites Only" sign above the door. It's just legalised discrimination.

And just to bring the conversation back on topic, the Testors engines are nice little units, but you really need to be careful of those spring starters- very fragile and prone to spring breakage.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:36 pm

My grandson is about the same age Rod and has anxieties, not easy to deal with.  When I went to boot camp they lined us all up for shots.  Tall guy, white as a sheet fainted dead away.  We just stepped over him while they shot him while laying on the floor.  

I have several Wen Mac and Testors engines with the spring starter, a couple with a broken spring.  But two on the P-26's would wind and spring back but they would not release to power the engine.  Locked solid in the counter-clockwise position looking from the front.  

Took one apart (two screwdrivers 180 out and pry) and found the pawls in the outer piece locked.  Replaced with one from parts, fine now.  

Pawls shown north/south

Covid booster P1012307
Covid booster P1012308

Covid booster P1012309

Last edited by rsv1cox on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:25 pm

I personally don’t care if anyone gets it or not. Your bod, your choice. It doesn’t affect me whatsoever.

I know all about anxiety, although mine doesn’t manifest itself when getting shots. Seems to me though you can get a prescription for one Xanax to curb the anxiety long enough to get the shot. 2-3 shots of Whiskey will do the same if you don’t feel like getting a prescription. I don’t recommend the latter if you are prone to alcohol dependence as it gets real easy to start using it as a crutch.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:31 pm

There's no way the lad will get the shot while conscious. Not sure about Xanax Ron but I suspect the drug they gave him was something similar. Still no good. When you see a 26 year old guy blubbering like a baby, you know there's a genuine problem.
Bob, I'f he'd only pass out that would be great, except that laws don't allow it. He said to me "punch me in the head and knock me out dad". Nurse didn't agree. Said if he's unconscious she couldn't go ahead.

Bob, be careful prying the drive plat off the Testors crank. The two pawls need to be able to flop around freely, so any dent in the back surface (from a screwdriver etc) of the plate will jam the pawls. (I know!)
Best to knock the crankshaft out of the case to force the drive plate off.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Rod,

I hope it didn’t come across as me downplaying it. I know full well how bad full blown panic attacks are. I was just trying to think of an option. There are many ways medically they can curb panic attacks. I just threw out Xanax off the top of my head. Maybe he can sign a consent form to be put to sleep and have the shots administered? If the docs are aware he has a problem they should be willing to help.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:20 pm

It's 10:17 at night and i'm getting ready for bed, and I'm thinking paul........? what! Better get to that thread before someone reads it. Too late. Yeah PAWL not Paul, Paul is a guy, Pawl is not.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:09 am

rsv1cox wrote:It's 10:17 at night and i'm getting ready for bed, and I'm thinking paul........?  what! Better get to that thread before someone reads it.  Too late.  Yeah PAWL not Paul, Paul is a guy, Pawl is not.  
Wait A min. now https://timpawl.wordpress.com/ lol! lol! Your so funny , I still havent got the shots , Fred that's a terrifying story in my eyes . I have worked on a bunch of rewind starters in my life beeing a small engine mechanic for years, pretty simple setup there sounds like the backplate is on the weak side ! Bob you knocked those Peashooters out in a hurry . Looking Good ! This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:

Bob, be careful prying the drive plat off the Testors crank.  The two pawls need to be able to flop around freely, so any dent in the back surface (from a screwdriver etc) of the plate will jam the pawls.  (I know!)
Best to knock the crankshaft out of the case to force the drive plate off.

I used two equally beveled screwdrivers 180 out and came straight in tapping each alternately with a tap hammer,  my using "pry" not being the best word.  

Just to see if i could get it to work, I soaked it in Simple Green, blew it dry and lubed it with Remoil.  Then put it on an old parts Testors PB and using (gasp) pliers broke it free.  Works fine now both in wind start and run positions.  Actually ran it in with an electric drill.  (no piston in the Testors.)

Covid booster P1012317
Covid booster P1012318
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Covid booster Empty Shingles

Post  roddie Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:09 pm

My wife "Lynne" made appointments for us two, to get Covid "booster-shots" PLUS the Shingles-vaccine (same visit/alternate-arm injections) recommended by the CDC for persons 50 years+

I had shingles in my late 30's. Let me tell you; you don't want to experience it. The vaccine isn't cheap.. so check your health ins. provider.. to see if/what they cover.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:11 am

I had shingles about eight years ago, covered about 30% of my back. I didn't know what it was so I went to the doctor's. "You have a classic case of the shingles." "But Doc, I haven't been up on the roof in years." Bad, joke, but I thought it funny at the time. It lasted perhaps a couple of weeks.

My son got the shingles shot, I haven't and won't although reoccurance is possible. I'm not a pro-shot guy. I avoid them if I can, but this covid thing...............

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:19 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I had shingles about eight years ago, covered about 30% of my back.  I didn't know what it was so I went to the doctor's.  "You have a classic case of the shingles."  "But Doc, I haven't been up on the roof in years."  Bad, joke, but I thought it funny at the time.  It lasted perhaps a couple of weeks.

My son got the shingles shot, I haven't and won't although reoccurance is possible.  I'm not a pro-shot guy.  I avoid them if I can, but this covid thing...............

Yea Robert......................... I just don't know any more. I too; respect anyone's personal decision regarding inoculation against anything. I guess I'm rolling the dice. (I've done that more than once in this life)

I don't think that a germ-o-phobic attitude is particularly healthy. aamof; the human immune system is capable of being the mightiest of army's against disease. I believe that shrouding the system, stunts it's growth.. and opens the doors wide-open to diseases. Inoculations have been proven to protect us.. so I opt-in for them.

Oh.. and the Wenmac engine cleaned-up nice.. Yours always do! Thumbs Up

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:42 am

Wow! A little of everything in this post!
Fred, interesting story. How were you drafted in 73? The draft was winding down by then? I was born in 53 and was in the draft lottery in 72 I think. I share your point of view on everything said.

Shingles I got shingles in my head a few years ago. Right side. My Dr misdiagnosed it and delayed treatment for weeks. It attacked the nerve in my right ear and lost my hearing in that ear. Lucky it did not get my right eye. Wished I would have had that shot!!

Covid I have had two shots, Im done. Our oldest Son had Covid and got the shots forced by his employer and gov mandates. He is having heart issues now. Otherwise healthy 40 yr old.

You can't believe anything coming from the government at this point. They are going to tell you what they think you need to know.
FDA needs 50 years to release data that lead to emergency approval for vaccine? WHAT!!!
Fauci should have been fired already. He has the most punchable nose in America!!
Now I did it, the NSA is going to send someone to check on me.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaseBanner Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am

im not trying to muddy the waters or stir up the horse poo on this touchy subject. DISCLAIMER: i will respect anyones right to choose (as long as their choice is of a good moral nature) even if i dont get the same respect back, but anyway, i know that its getting harder to find truth in media, gov, etc these days but has anyone looked at the reports coming out of israel concerning this vax? these days the truth is all over the place we just gotta look at the info for ourselves and base our decision on what we feel is the right choice that suits ones individual well being. i do wish everyone good health and happiness throughout this holiday season and every day that comes after. happy landings all
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am

Thank you Fred for your service, read your information above with interest. I too served this great country in the U.S. Navy, from 1965 to 1971. Going through boot camp, we had all the mandatory shots at the time, along with updated shots as we sailed to foreign countries on the other side of the world. That said, I would never force my beliefs on someone who thought different than I. Discussion is one thing, debate and arguments are a different animal. We were all born with a great immune system, that if any studies are made of this, it is absolutely amazing how the body isolates and then attacks said invasion, there is a real reason why we have red and white blood cells. Our diets play an important part in keeping our immune system healthy so to fight another day. Today, some people suffer with Gluten issues in wheat, that are real to them. Just 80 years ago, the average farmer harvested around 35 bushels of wheat per acre. The wheat at that time, had many antioxidants, along with more vitamins and minerals with very little Gluten per kernel of wheat. Take a look at today, the farmer can bring in, with many added chemicals, pesticides along with man made fertilizers, close to 140 bushels of wheat per acre.Today's wheat has very little nutrition, along with vitamins, minerals and almost 60% more gluten per kernel of wheat. With just this said of wheat alone, a lot of us have many physical issues today, because we just don't take care of our bodies. Now this is what some have been waiting for, Do we need a shot for something that may not be working? Then our government and big Pharma are telling you, you must take this Jab, fore some thing that has a 97% rate, that your body will fight and beat it, as to the flu virus for instance. If one reads into the Covid back ground, you might find out that Covid may not even be a virus at all, as to all the boosters and additional shots that seem to be needed. So what did I say in all what I wrote? There are Immune boosting supplements one can take to help make up for what we are not getting out of today's food. One needs not be like a hermit and stay away from people, only use your common sense, wash hands often, maybe stay away from restraints, and cook much better food at home if one can. In closing, a large pharmaceutical company was noted saying, that it's profits are now making them $1,000 per second, that's right. I'm sorry but, no shots for me. Now if only to get back to my silk span and doping a wing, but I just can't remember where I put the dumb brush. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:31 pm

Got my Moderna boost a week ago today.
No problem(like the first two).
I fully understand, "your results may vary".
silent
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down