Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Cox_ba12

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:26 am

Well I was thinking i may want to get a couple since they are good for gas/nitro/diesel , Thanks if you would keep me up tp date , Eric Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty Update on Fuel Bottles

Post  sosam117 Thu May 12, 2022 6:18 am

Got an email from Johathan Tuesday. (May 10.2022)
He has my "four" fuel bottles and are $100.00 for all four plus $10.00 for shipping.
It would cost $110.00 "if" I did "friend and family.
It would cost $125.00 "if" I did it as a merchandise purchase.

Well, I did it the cheaper way (??) Emailed Johathan I sent the money into his Paypal ans asked when I'll get the bottlees?

Got an email reply (May 12,2022) that the bottles will be going out Monday (May 16, 2022)

I'll keep you guys updated.

(Has been about 3 months when I asked for them?)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Ken Cook Thu May 12, 2022 1:57 pm

I recently had a similar experience with a control line supplier. I'm not telling you what to do, but I would exercise your refund privileges before this goes any longer. It's always good to same any e-mail info that may have occurred as well. Paypal will ask you for this information as they really want you to settle this with the supplier. Once they're involved, they open a case and they quickly will get back to you. In my situation, they refunded my money within 2 hours. I completely understand that you want the items however, it can be difficult if this continues on.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu May 12, 2022 2:09 pm

There is no recourse for "friends and family" is a done deal.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu May 12, 2022 4:48 pm

crankbndr wrote:There is no recourse for "friends and family" is a done deal.

I used my credit card ----
So, If there is a problem I can call the credit card company and say it was a fraudulent charge.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 13, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks for keeping us informed,, I think he may bee gouging you on the price , his add says $10 apiece . I am sure he is going through alot to get them to you but damn http://www.cafes.net/doctordiesel/DDaccessories.htm Huh...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am

getback wrote:Thanks for keeping us informed,, I think he may bee gouging you on the price , his add says $10 apiece . I am sure he is going through alot to get them to you but damn  http://www.cafes.net/doctordiesel/DDaccessories.htm    Huh...

Well, the bad part is that Eric never updated his site so the $10.00 a bottle is from many years ago.
But yes, "IF" Eric bought them for that years ago, that is what he would sell them to you for.

The price is more than $25.00 "IF" I purchase the bottles from England plus the shipping.
Pressive Aero Works has the bottles for £11 ($15.41) plus shipping £10 ($13.19) £21 ($28.60)
$28.60 for just one fuel bottle.

The bottles look about what Dr. Diesel sold.
So, like everything during the pandemic time, prices have soared!
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty Fuel Bottles --- update

Post  sosam117 Thu May 19, 2022 6:45 am

Update:

Received an email from Johathan.
He has shipped out my "four" fuel bottles Monday (though I got his email Wednesday -- 5/18/22)
Gave me the tracking number and it says that they should be delivered this Saturday (5/21/22)

I'll let you guys know.
It has been a while trying to get the bottles since March 7th?

Mike Mac

Last edited by sosam117 on Thu May 19, 2022 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date correction --- March 7th)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 19, 2022 7:10 am

That's good Mike , well it want bee as long as it has been Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat May 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Well, here is the last update of my fuel bottles.

They arrived in today mail! (5/21/22) All "four" of them.
Though it did take a few extra months than normal, I did get them after all.

So, if you are going to gegt anything from Jonathan (Dr. Diesel replacement?).
It may take a little longer than usual. But you'll get it?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun May 22, 2022 7:35 am

cheers cheers cheers Well like you said you did get them , Happy for you man ! sunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun May 22, 2022 9:27 am

I'm glad this worked out well.  

Jonathan is a good guy, and organizing Eric's stocks and supplies could not have been an easy task, along with working at his own full-time job.

I'd imagine orders will speed up as he gets things under control, but overseas' shipping is gonna be a bite, without enough volume to offset it.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sun May 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Kim wrote:I'm glad this worked out well.  

Jonathan is a good guy, and organizing Eric's stocks and supplies could not have been an easy task, along with working at his own full-time job.

I'd imagine orders will speed up as he gets things under control, but overseas' shipping is gonna be a bite, without enough volume to offset it.

I was able to stop by at Eric's home about 20 years ago.
Eric has things just like I do in my shop.

I can find thing quickly but if anyone else knew what I had and try to get it themselves, they'd never find it because I know where I stored it on what shelf or cabinet.
We all have our shop that way, where we can find it, but dang if anyone else can?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away - Page 2 Empty re Eric Clutton Dr Diesel deceased

Post  dinkum Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:22 am

So sad to here this news. I knew Eric from his time in England, when he flew his experimental ( and long lived) single wing , FRED. I would have been about 10 years old so I am talking circa 1965. He had an arrangement with my school pal's father, Mr Tabbinor. Eric would have the wing (s) , port and starboard, stowed on FRED's fusilage and Mr Tabbinor would hook the sprung tail runner of FRED to the tow bar on his MK II Jaguar. We would then be driven to Meir Aerodrome in Stoke-on-Trent . Eric would get FRED's engine started. It was originally an Ariel Square Four but was swapped for a modified "aero" version of a VW Beetle and later still a further modified version, I believe . I saw Eric fly many times but the most memorable was when he had a spluttering engine and came in on a wing and a prayer. On the final run in, to the grass runway, FRED dropped like a stone from about 12 feet and the prop hit the ground and shattered ! The running gear was also badly bent, Eric was covered in black oil and his goggles left that 60s iconic dark mark on his face like Sterling Moss and Fangio had back then. He was a little fased but otherwise OK. A week or so later, Eric had made another wooden prop and he was back in the air ! I contacted him in later life and chatted a little via his Dr Diesel website. I bought his book on FRED and he was a hero and inspiration to me. RIP Eric !
dinkum
dinkum

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:09 am

Hi ,Welcome to the CEF ! That is amazing that you where there and knew Eric when fling the Fred , say he started out with a motorcycle engine ( had to look it up nice looking bike and engine is very different to say the least ) Smile  Do you fly or collect engines ?? Bee nice to know a little about you , We have a introduction thread >>> https://www.coxengineforum.com/f6-introduction        Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2