Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Cox_ba12

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Empty
Live on Patrol

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane

Go down

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Empty New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane

Post  rsv1cox Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Original owner selling his childhood un-flown, un-started Wen Mac P-26.  I was the only bidder.  Wall of shame candidate.  Check out that lever on top of the cowl, upscale throttled version.  Icing on the cake.  Good way to call it quits as I was finding it difficult to find spaces to stuff the things.

Weird positioning for the stars and bars.  Kid! I will have to find a way to remove them.  always stickers on these.

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Nib_p_10
New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Nib_p-12
New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Ebay_p14

From his ebay ad:

An unused, never fueled or flown AMF Wen Mac P-26 Pursuit Model gas powered control line hobby plane.  In original special edition challenger package box.

Includes plane, manual, decal sheet, engine starting accesories box, starter cables, control line guides and original lines/string, and an unopened canister of Glow Plug engine fuel.

Contents of the box are exceptional.  Decal sheet has cutouts from decals on plane….but that’s as far as I ever got as a little kid.  Not sure why I never flew it, but a new owner will have that privilege.

Original box has some damage from moving with me over the years, but its mostly all still there.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Empty Re: New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane

Post  NEW222 Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:53 pm

Congrats on teh very nice plane you just bought yourself. It is definately going to a well deserving home.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane Empty Re: New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane

Post  davidll1984 Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Very nice find, it makes me want to search for one or Or Something similar cox powered But I gave myself a goal this year I have to save and sale stuf to reach it You're really good at finding cool stuf And I enjoy seeing them become superb planes Thumbs Up Airplane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:27 am

Be careful!

These things can take a guy out!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQEI9gSsCDA&t=9s
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:13 am

Ha Kim Laughing lol! Popcorn Thumbs Up I have never seen this movie Just this little bit of the film was very entertaining I laugh I will have to watch the rest I wonder if it's really a wen mac model that Was modify rc ??? Surely it can be arranged with the special effects guy!? Airplane Clapping This would surely be feasible with the technology available today. RC Plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:17 am

Smile

I get a smile every time I watch it. "P" is for pursuit. and pursuit it did chasing everybody into the tent, blowing it up.

In my teens I intentionally launched one of my control lines into the air without a tether, then watched it slowly circle out of sight. Looked for it but never did find it.

The seller was hoping that someone would fly the NIB P-26 and tell him about it. Told him it wouldn't be me but that I had grandsons and great grandsons that someday might.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:13 am

davidll1984 wrote:Ha Kim Laughing lol! Popcorn Thumbs Up I have never seen this movie Just this little bit of the film was very entertaining I laugh I will have to watch the rest I wonder if it's really a wen mac model that Was modify rc ??? Surely it can be arranged with the special effects guy!? Airplane Clapping This would surely be feasible with the technology available today. RC Plane

It was running on its own "zip-line"...and still very nearly smacked that one guy in the head! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In a thread several years ago, we were joking about how Illya was able to sneak up on the bad guy, totally unheard on his Triumph, and nearly keep him from launching the Pea Shooter!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:10 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Smile

The seller was hoping that someone would fly the NIB P-26 and tell him about it.  Told him it wouldn't be me but that I had grandsons and great grandsons that someday might.  

Curious if you happened to ask the age of its owner.. and where it was originally purchased? I'm guessing you did.. Congratulations Robert.. on an exquisite example of the model that you've been giving so much extra attention to.. with previous finds.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:42 pm

roddie wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Smile

The seller was hoping that someone would fly the NIB P-26 and tell him about it.  Told him it wouldn't be me but that I had grandsons and great grandsons that someday might.  

Curious if you happened to ask the age of its owner.. and where it was originally purchased? I'm guessing you did.. Congratulations Robert.. on an exquisite example of the model that you've been giving so much extra attention to.. with previous finds.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I didn't ask him roddie. But he presently lives in New Jersey.

Curious seller, shipping in his ad was fixed at $13.53 (To WV) but he mentioned that it could run up to fifty dollars.

Original box has some damage from moving with me over the years, but its mostly all still there. Please see pics - rare find.

Shipping is likely to be in the $50 range, but I’ll just do my best to find the most efficient cost depending on where in needs to be shipped.

Just got an email that he had shipped it "USPS Parcel Select Ground" which equates to economy shipping. I checked the rate from NJ to WV and it came up around $7,50. He didn't change the $13.53.

Probably coming by model T truck. Maybe it will arrive damaged in a month or two. But on the bright side, I just got this Wen Mac AMF throttled MkVIII that I'm going to put on the painted olive drab P-26. It's locked up, piston and roto-matic starter. It replaces one I ruined by using a torch to loosen the throttle sleeve which took alll the temper out of the wire arm. Confession is good for the soul. Sad

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane P1012627
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:04 pm

Another website I frequent is vft (Vintage Flat-track) which has, at the beginning of the For Sale section, a pictorial list of anniversaries and birthdays of various machines and people. Today I saw this picture there.
New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane 03mar010
Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Colorful little thing isn't it! Guess they didn't plan on flying it in a combat zone. Would have made a heck of a target.

That MkVIII above is curious. It does not have the throttle return spring or the hole in the intake to accommodate it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

The seller sent the unopened fuel can separately and I got it today.  Brand new and perfect.

Unfortunately, the airplane is lost someplace between here and New Jersey.  Got a "Mis-sent" tracking notice from the post office yesterday.  I wonder what it will look like after being banged around the postal system for over a week.  I could have driven about five hours and picked it up.  I hope the Peashooter looks as good as the fuel can.

It should, this is a message that he sent me:

Plane headed your way- my wife packed it up like it was one of our children….

Sent the can seperately to avoid any unexpected problems. Forget about the extra shipping- on me.

Lmk when your “flight” arrives.
Best to you and your many generations of pilots,
Scott

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane P1012652
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:37 am

Strange it has no return spring or intentions to , Nice looking Fuel Can !! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 am

getback wrote:Strange it has no return spring or intentions to , Nice looking Fuel Can !! Very Happy

It does now. I used the spring off the one I ruined. There is a hole in the intake stack but unlike normal off to the side it's right behind the "roto-matic" starter and I didn't notice it until later.

New in the box P-26 Peashooter, thinking my last plastic airplane P1012664
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down