Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Carrera Slot Car Set Cox_ba12

Carrera Slot Car Set Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 5:27 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by rsv1cox Today at 5:07 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 3:25 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Carrera Slot Car Set Empty
Live on Patrol

Carrera Slot Car Set

Go down

Carrera Slot Car Set Empty Carrera Slot Car Set

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:29 pm

I bought a Carrera slot car set today. I remember Tyco slot car sets from Sears Wish Books. I always wanted to buy a slot car set since my childhood.

One car is Audi RS5 and other is BMW M4 in 1/32 scale. This belongs to DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters). Very high quality cars. Scalextric cars are also very high quality, but couldn't find in my country.

I am going to setup track tomorrow.

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Carrera Slot Car Set Empty Re: Carrera Slot Car Set

Post  balogh Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:14 am

Go Audi Go! (I have the tame version A5 Very Happy )
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 am

Slot cars are fun Very Happy  I have a Scalectrix set with some additional parts, bought it ”for the boys” maybe 15 years ago.

As a kid I had a Matchbox set with a gen 3 Corvette and a police car. It was called ”Race&Chase”. You could make a U-turn by pressing a button on the controller, so the cars could drive opposite directions. There was also a ”see-saw”. Drive fast over it, it stays put and your car flies, hopefully landing on the track. Slow down at the right spot and the see-saw flips, forcing the chaser to make a U-turn. Had countless hours of fun with my friends playing with that set. Wore out the contacts on the bottom of the cars eventually.

Well, what do you know, there was a commercial of the track in youtube. My cars are a bit different though (still have them, but not the track). Probably the same ad that got me hooked begging the set for Christmas  Smile What 10-11-year-old boy in the early ’80s would not be thrilled  Cool

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:05 am

Congarts young man , your up for some fun . They have the cars you seek in the UK https://uk.scalextric.com/catalogue/cars?langSelect=true Just couple thousand miles Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:59 am

Looks like a nice set Levent, but I haven't heard of Carrera.  

The track looks similar to the Strombecker set that I bought for my son many years ago.  We had a lot of fun with that.  Also 1/32 scale.  I liked that size.  

From ebay. Sellers price at $300 is way high!

Carrera Slot Car Set Stromb10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:37 am

Slot cars are so much fun. I never had much driving time on a home type 1/32 track though. I friends had them though and I would race at their homes.
I was hooked on 1/24th slot cars later in life, but you had to go to a place where they had a track to run them, the tracks were pretty big and usually 8 lanes. 6 lanes got popular later.

That Carrera set looks like a quality find and should be lots of fun. Post some pictures of it after setup if you can!
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:29 pm

getback wrote:Congarts young man , your up for some fun . They have the cars you seek in the UK https://uk.scalextric.com/catalogue/cars?langSelect=true Just couple thousand miles Thumbs Up

Thanks Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:32 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Looks like a nice set Levent, but I haven't heard of Carrera.  

The track looks similar to the Strombecker set that I bought for my son many years ago.  We had a lot of fun with that.  Also 1/32 scale.  I liked that size.  

From ebay.  Sellers price at $300 is way high!

Carrera Slot Car Set Stromb10

That famous USA brand have great cars Very Happy  Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Kari, thanks for that video, I didn't see this.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:40 pm

FlipStart wrote:Slot cars are so much fun. I never had much driving time on a home type 1/32 track though. I friends had them though and I would race at their homes.
I was hooked on 1/24th slot cars later in life, but you had to go to a place where they had a track to run them, the tracks were pretty big and usually 8 lanes. 6 lanes got popular later.

That Carrera set looks like a quality find and should be lots of fun. Post some pictures of it after setup if you can!

Yes, 1/24 scale track is big for a home, those cars need a slotcar club track.

Today I ran it and great fun! I will send photos Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:04 pm

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:13 pm

My 3 year old made me buy a track a few weeks He likes the police the track has a jump it's more difficult we have to release the gas at this place I modified his joystick to lock it at a certain point That way it doesn't crash as soon as it gasses its As I remembered when I was little so mutch fun Thumbs Up
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:32 pm

Nice pictures! Thumbs Up That looks like a really nice set. It even has the guard rails I see. Thanks for the pix.

My dad bought us an HO set when I was a kid and we had a blast with that one. My dad rean the hot rod and I had the Cougar.
We has some knock down drag out battles but rarely any damage done. Fun times. It definitely sparked my later interest in the 1/24th scale cars. I still have a friend I hang out with from my 1/24th racing days of some 15 to 20 years ago.
He is going to sell me a super nice electronic pistol grp hand control here soon. Just incase we want to maybe give it a try again. There is a track in east Masa that I think is still open. It's 6 lanes and super flat with a tunnel overpass, Definitely a drivers track. I think they are running Scalelectric cars mostly but A JK11 chassis with the latest Falcon motor and a stock car body is a class they were starting up. I have a JK11 chassis left over still. Real good handling chassis and pretty tough. What has been holding me back is Slot car racing is EXPENSIVE! Just a set of rears is like 15 bucks or so and you'll ware out a set of rears in a couple of races.
Maybe not so bad on this track but on the bigger sweepy tracks you go through back tires, braid and sometimes bodies depending on how aggressive the other drivers are. It can get brutal. The secrete is stay out od accidents. To finish first you must first finish.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:15 am

Thats a nice set up for some speed with turns and the cars have a good detail to them , looking like the real thing ! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:03 pm

I can't remember my password for the SlotBlog forum. I haven't logged on there in a long time.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:36 pm

Congratulations Levent! I've seen those Carrera 1:32 scale sets for sale in a few hobby shops in my area. Hobby grade sets are nice! When I was in grammar school, I had a friend who had (I believe..) an Eldon 1:24 (?) scale track in his basement. The layout was similar to yours.. just a little bigger. The 1:32 and 1:24 scale slot cars are still very popular.. and there are also some tracks in my area.

Nice to have a set like that at home though! Happy racing!!!! Thumbs Up

Found a 1967 year vid of an Eldon 1:24 scale track.

Last edited by roddie on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added vid link)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Thats an amazing video for 1967!

I took a cool picture of my lineup of HO cars but remembered I forgot how to post pictures on this forum. As I remember it was kind of involved.

Oh well, Se la vi.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:41 pm

FlipStart wrote:Thats an amazing video for 1967!

I took a cool picture of my lineup of HO cars but remembered I forgot how to post pictures on this forum. As I remember it was kind of involved.

Oh well, Se la vi.

Like to see HO cars collection Very Happy

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15567-how-to-post-an-image-in-a-topic
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:30 pm

Levent Suberk wrote:

Oh well, Se la vi.

Like to see HO cars collection Very Happy

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15567-how-to-post-an-image-in-a-topic

The HO scale cars are still popular too! I worked with a fella about 5 years ago, who was an avid collector.. and racer of the HO scale cars. He has a large (8' X 12') 2-lane track-layout with custom LED lighting throughout the racing-circuit. Very cool... He had some vintage and very collectible Aurora T-Jet cars.. but also had some current hybrid cars that were all-out racing cars.

I had a Tyco Sebring set with lighted cars circa 1971? There was a Porsche and a Chaparral. The cars were fast and handled pretty well.. but the pick-up contacts were thin sheet-brass "tabs". They got easily bent/twisted if the car went off the track.. or was mishandled. Eventually the tabs would break.. and the car would be retired. The Tyco cars were fast though.. faster than the T-jets. Aurora needed faster cars.. and I think that was when the Aurora AFX cars hit the scene.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Thanks for the link to how to post pictures. I'll see if I can get my picture of the HO cars posted. Probably in about a week as I really need to head out for San Diego tomorrow.

I think the cars I have are the T-jets & Tyco cars. We started out with an Aurora set back in the 60's and much later my dad bought a Tyco set after I had grown and drifted off to 1/24th scale commercial track cars. I did see the all out HO commercial track and cars on occasion but by then my eyes couldn't follow them at all well as they are just so fast and small. There was a track in San Diego that was a layout of Riverside Raceway. It was great, just couldn't follow then well enough to race. I did get the modifications for 1 car though and use to just fun run it usually when now one else was on the track and I could keep track of my car that way. I think the modifications were for a Tyco car. I probably still have it. I'll half to look through the cars and see if it's one of them.

I got that hand control today! It's going to fire me up to race again I know it. My buddy and I well be spending some money at the track after I get back.

I'll post a picture of it later but it's a Difalco "E" Motion Fanatic Controller. Very Cool. It needs a little cleanup and lubing but looks to be in very good shape for it's age. Even back 17 sone years ago the instruction sheet that came with it says a Difalco controller has won 29 of the last 35 USRA Division 1 national championships.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:04 am

Yeah, and I particularly liked the 1967 GoPro at the 15 second mark lol!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down