Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Cox_ba12

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:40 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by duaneh Yesterday at 10:52 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:45 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:34 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 9:15 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Yesterday at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Tue May 14, 2024 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Tue May 14, 2024 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Tue May 14, 2024 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Empty
Live on Patrol

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?

Go down

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Empty Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:23 pm

Seldom seen and discussed, but someone posted about it here not too long ago. One came up on ebay, BIN reasonable so i picked it up for the simple reason that I didn't have one.

How do you load it? More popular model you just pull the keeper and it frees the two line halves. I used it years ago. This one, you have to remove six screws and nuts? And, where are the line exit holes? Nicely made. Quality. Spring loaded tab type locks. More expensive to produce than the other model.

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013364
Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013365
Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013363
Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013366
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Empty Re: Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?

Post  Marleysky Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:12 pm

First stop, the way-back machine:  Ian says:   https://www.coxengineforum.com/t6560-cox-control-line-handle

Second Stop: https://www.coxengineforum.com/t8880-cox-handy-reel-instructions-wanted?highlight=Handy+Reel

Third: my2cents. Looks like these handles come apart by removing the screws, the handles are attached to the reels from the inside, so DON"T try and pry them off or you'll break them! As with any thing with small screws, buttons and springs, take a picture of it before attempting disassembly.  I haven't found any printed instructions for these,but it looks like one side is held in place by the spring loaded button, while you reel the opposite side, somewhat similar to the "SKYLON" handle reel.

There is one on e-bay now:  Blue and Clear,  if you're starting a collection.Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Scree179

ok,one more..

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Scree180

Last edited by Marleysky on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mote info!)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   Empty Re: Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:35 am

Thanks Rene, I enjoyed Ian's post "4.24967 " - or there abouts" regarding line spacing. It might be Cox's answer for using steel lines vice dacron.

I still have some left-over steel lines but doubt if i will go to the trouble of loading them, same for collecting although the other poster in that thread does, having "hundreds" of handles.

I'm surprised that with all the Cox people here, there is not more posted about them. They might be more trouble than they are worth. Mine goes in the display case with the others.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:45 am

Best thing for that handle Bob. Clear plastics and 50 years later is essentially egg shell like.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:41 am

Ken Cook wrote:             Best thing for that handle Bob. Clear plastics and 50 years later is essentially egg shell like.

Agreed. Found it's way into my display case along with a bunch of rescued engines and my old Carl Goldberg handle that goes back to my hollow log teen years. Fuel soaked lines and all.

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013367

Lost it along with this engine when I had them in a box stored in the rafters when i built the ceiling in. Forgot about it, months later I went looking for them and remembered. Dropped ceiling panel and recovered them. Tiverton Rhode Island.

Someone want to clue me in about using this Cox handle?   P1013368

Bought in 1953/4, older than most here. No question that if I fueled it up and lit the fire it would still run like a champ.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down